Any Interest In This Kind Of Genetic Analysis?

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've gathered a ton of information on genes associated with A.G.A in genome-wide association studies such as this one, their relationships to one another, their roles in hair follicle biology, and why they might cause hair follicle miniaturization. And most importantly to most: treatments and potential treatments that act on these genes and the networks that these genes form.

This kind of analysis would be long and complicated, involving well over 100 genes. I would break it into around five parts of ~20-30 genes, with each part building on the previous. So I'm wondering...Is anyone here interested in this?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've gathered a ton of information on genes associated with A.G.A in genome-wide association studies such as this one, their relationships to one another, their roles in hair follicle biology, and why they might cause hair follicle miniaturization. And most importantly to most: treatments and potential treatments that act on these genes and the networks that these genes form.

This kind of analysis would be long and complicated, involving well over 100 genes. I would break it into around five parts of ~20-30 genes, with each part building on the previous. So I'm wondering...Is anyone here interested in this?
Who wouldn't? Sign me up, I would gladly to see which treatments who probably work for me since i am a non-responder to AA's. Saves a lot of hassle, frustration and money on not working products.

Last edited:

abcdefg

Reaction score

Why dont you get a job for a drug company to get paid to help solve this? a few people on forums make you wonder if they are capable of greater things. Your like a doctor with PHD working at mcdonalds. Your too smart to be working at mcdonalds

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any other genetic conditions that have been identified and proven to be an interplay of a number of different genes?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Avatar is priceless, Make love, not Warcraft

Do i need to sign this with my blood ?

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Very.

I'm assuming that you're gathering them into related groups such as those involved in certain pathways and then looking at the relationships between these groups to see how they interact. The fact you're going draw conclusions and suggest possible treatments is really just the icing on the cake though.

I'm sure this will be very technical and complex, but I've seen how lucid you can write about this kind thing in your previous posts. I feel almost guilty you're doing all this heavy lifting by yourself. I wish the standard of knowledge in this forum was much higher.

I await with bated breath.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay great. Seems like there's some interest at least.

Why dont you get a job for a drug company to get paid to help solve this? a few people on forums make you wonder if they are capable of greater things. Your like a doctor with PHD working at mcdonalds. Your too smart to be working at mcdonalds

I dunno abcdefg...McDonalds may be where it's at. The Daily Fail says McDonalds fries can cure hair loss after all.

Are there any other genetic conditions that have been identified and proven to be an interplay of a number of different genes?

Most common traits, yes. Interplay of a vast number of genes and also environment to varying degrees.

Avatar is priceless, Make love, not Warcraft

Do i need to sign this with my blood ?

Yes, and there's a lot of paperwork. Hope it doesn't kill you.

Yes. Very.

I'm assuming that you're gathering them into related groups such as those involved in certain pathways and then looking at the relationships between these groups to see how they interact. The fact you're going draw conclusions and suggest possible treatments is really just the icing on the cake though.

I'm sure this will be very technical and complex, but I've seen how lucid you can write about this kind thing in your previous posts. I feel almost guilty you're doing all this heavy lifting by yourself. I wish the standard of knowledge in this forum was much higher.

I await with bated breath.

Right.

But mentioning a particular treatment doesn't mean I suggest using it - I'll just be noting molecules that act on proteins/pathways implicated in A.G.A. Deciding which to use is another thing.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ye but will it blend ? :eek:
I love reading such stuff and pretending I understand half of it ! But I think there are other guys smart enough here in this field who can share their opinion with you

Juneworldcup

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes - I am interested but only if it helps in learning more about Female Pattern Baldness....

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I may be of help. My genome is already in raw data, risk for balding was higher than 95% of the general population with many related SNPs when I ran it through biobank, GWAS etc and genetic predictors that I use for genealogy reasons unrelated to hairloss

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes - I am interested but only if it helps in learning more about Female Pattern Baldness....

This is specifically for male-pattern baldness. We don't know much about FPHL genetics, unfortunately.

I may be of help. My genome is already in raw data, risk for balding was higher than 95% of the general population with many related SNPs when I ran it through biobank, GWAS etc and genetic predictors that I use for genealogy reasons unrelated to hairloss

Thanks :), but one extra genome won't make a difference. The info I have could help you though, if you want some idea of where that risk is coming from biologically. You could compare the SNPs contributing to your risk to the roles of the genes they likely control in hair growth.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is specifically for male-pattern baldness. We don't know much about FPHL genetics, unfortunately.

Thanks :), but one extra genome won't make a difference. The info I have could help you though, if you want some idea of where that risk is coming from biologically. You could compare the SNPs contributing to your risk to the roles of the genes they likely control in hair growth.

That would be interesting, count me in

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI, there are some genetic databases that may serve to identify more pieces of the genetic puzzle. They are the UK Biobank, Kaiser Permanente Northern California Genetic Epidemiology Research in Adult Health and Aging and Genomics Core Facility of the University of California, San Francisco. While it's not research on hair growth genes, I found this article interesting in that it lays out a scientific methodology that would be applicable to that, I believe. If any thing, it is apparent scientists know how to look at the genetic basis of physical manifestations, they know how to manipulate the growth factors, culture human cells and alter specific genes to use in the research. In my opinion, scientist are capable, right now, of finding the cause and cure of hairloss using such data mentioned and CRISPR. Only lack of funding and regulatory fear because it involves human beings keep progress at a snail pace. Here is the article for details of genetic analysis:

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2018/10/02/1809872115

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Make Swoop and Chemical proud!

Considering how it's become so much easier to get chems since the last time we tried this, it's gonna go off.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am interested in candidate genes and their association with male pattern baldness. But mostly I would like to know molecular genetics of baldness. esp how androgens cause hair miniaturisation and other related disease like heart and prostrate ailments.
Also like to know if physiotherapatic approach could cure or slow Down baldness. Any help is available just contact me.