Any Hope For My Hair? 34 Yr Old Male / Thinning Front Area

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, my hair condition never seems to improve. I've posted few times on this forum and the advice I get from professionals is always different.

I have 1 Dr. in London telling me he would advise an aesthetic based hair transplant on me because he knows the templates/hairline is effecting my confidence alot.

Then another Dr. in London is telling me any hair transplant would be conter productive at this stage and to keep on Minoxidil for at least 9-11 months before a decision to see if it works for me or not. (7 months on Finastride now)

My current hair situation really effects my confidence hardly want to go out. Have to put in hair fibers it up and just styling my hair takes like 1 hour to be where I'm happy. Effected is my templates and now it's starting to hit my hairline too. Left temple is the deepest.

I've been on Finastride 1mg for 7 months now.

Minoxidil has been on going for 2 years, used the topical version and the foam.

Is there any hope for my hair from my pics? Does it look like those hairs have potential to grow up in the temples? Or if the hairline is starting to get effected to does that mean it's the end of the line for my hair and my only solution will be a transplant?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_2478.JPG
    IMG_2478.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 919

Apples123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Continue on the meds until you reach at least 12 months and even then it’s shown the best regrowth and stabilisation begins at 1.5-2 years.

Your hair still looks great. I’d kill for that much hair.

I wouldn’t get a transplant until you stabilise a little more. Could be a waste of money.

Begin Dermarolling 1.5mm needles. You may have a thick layer of skin that the minoxidil won’t reach. Continue :)

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Continue on the meds until you reach at least 12 months and even then it’s shown the best regrowth and stabilisation begins at 1.5-2 years.

Your hair still looks great. I’d kill for that much hair.

I wouldn’t get a transplant until you stabilise a little more. Could be a waste of money.

Begin Dermarolling 1.5mm needles. You may have a thick layer of skin that the minoxidil won’t reach. Continue :)

Thanks man, derma at 1.5mm will be painful :( ... I have a 0.5mm that I used a few months ago just for the temples and that was painful already.

Is there any good guide on how to dermaroll?

Also when one dermarolls, should it be directly before applying minoxidil? For example I apply it first thing in morning and also before I sleep, how many x a week should I dermaroll and also twice a day?

Yes I asked a few people and the ones that had good results said Finastride kicked in after 1 year. But then again some people on this forum especially kicked in after 6 months

And yes last point, it seems a few people told me that transplant at this stage would be counter productive. Though one Dr the one that prescribed me 6 months ago the Finastride is saying to me he can do it and it would be just to fill in the front area that's bothering me.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks perfectly fine for a 34 year old, do you even have any crown loss? A lot of us had to deal with the reality we couldn't express perfect hairlines before the age of 20 so its generally unrealistic for any man to think they should go through life rocking a prepubescent beiber hairline given over 70% of men carry the male pattern baldness gene.

Just stay on finasteride and if you want to get back to perfect get a hair transplant because finasteride will not regrow your temples, nor will any medication that doesn't turn you into an actual female (spironolactone etc)

shookwun

Reaction score
you dont need a transplant.

have to much density,

take medication and evaluate your situation in a year. after all those thin hairs thicken up you will be close to baseline. In which a transplant wouldnt be feausible, as it wouldnt even replicate your native density.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't you just grow your hair longer and bring hair from the back to the front? You have so much thickness that instead of brushing back it should hide it. I know it sucks but being 34 your hair looks very good. I'd follow the advice of others here such as the derma roller 1.5mm once a week, you can also add head massages (intense) in the mix as many have had a lot of success with this...

Apples123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly man, don’t let the hair destroy your confidence, its almost not noticeable and you still got heaps of hair.

I know that’s easier said than done but try not to lose sleep over it.

Take the meds, do some Dermarolling 1-2 times a week with 1.5mm.

Yes it’s painful but that’s the point. The study says don’t apply minoxidil afterwards because of side effects, but I do and I don’t feel anything, no slight burns or anything.

There’s more to life than just hair! Don’t let it consume you.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I do see some hair loss. Just stick to what your doing for longer. Your honestly doing all that you really can already just give it time its a life long battle though unfortunately

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys this is me now, still doing the same 1mg finastride and 2x a day minoxidil

I don't know what is happening with my hair, if it's getting worse or there is some movement there.

I did one picture to show how I have to style it because nothing seems to be changing. This is now I think 8 months Finastride moreless

I don't know what to do

Attachments

• IMG_2823.JPG
    IMG_2823.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_2824.JPG
    IMG_2824.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_2825.JPG
    IMG_2825.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 626
  • IMG_2826.JPG
    IMG_2826.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 667

Warlord2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys this is me now, still doing the same 1mg finastride and 2x a day minoxidil

I don't know what is happening with my hair, if it's getting worse or there is some movement there.

I did one picture to show how I have to style it because nothing seems to be changing. This is now I think 8 months Finastride moreless

I don't know what to do

I have read many times In forums that minoxidil foam does not work for everyone.It would be interesting if you use the liquid twice a day.Also you can use a dermaroller on your temples.It does work for me and you have more hair than I do to start with.
Good luck

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, my hair condition never seems to improve. I've posted few times on this forum and the advice I get from professionals is always different.

I have 1 Dr. in London telling me he would advise an aesthetic based hair transplant on me because he knows the templates/hairline is effecting my confidence alot.

Then another Dr. in London is telling me any hair transplant would be conter productive at this stage and to keep on Minoxidil for at least 9-11 months before a decision to see if it works for me or not. (7 months on Finastride now)

My current hair situation really effects my confidence hardly want to go out. Have to put in hair fibers it up and just styling my hair takes like 1 hour to be where I'm happy. Effected is my templates and now it's starting to hit my hairline too. Left temple is the deepest.

I've been on Finastride 1mg for 7 months now.

Minoxidil has been on going for 2 years, used the topical version and the foam.

Is there any hope for my hair from my pics? Does it look like those hairs have potential to grow up in the temples? Or if the hairline is starting to get effected to does that mean it's the end of the line for my hair and my only solution will be a transplant?

Thank you

There's a lot of hope.

Why do a transplant? Sounds like that London doctor just wants to take your money.

I would run, not walk away from him, if I were you.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a lot of hope.

Why do a transplant? Sounds like that London doctor just wants to take your money.

I would run, not walk away from him, if I were you.

To be fair to him he said ride it out and let's see and he said also that it's improving at a slow rate. He just thinks that my temples were effected from the start so much that Finastride is not going to help them and then he knows I'm quite conscious about the left temple and the hairline that's effected near there so his recommendation was to do what he classifies as purely an aesthetic hair treatment and he said it would cost me 3K GBP

Basically this is them and this is what he said for me would be the solution if I'm still not happy - https://www.instagram.com/p/BizeawdlNgt/?taken-by=treatmentroomslondon

and https://www.instagram.com/p/BexdSFxhOEU/?taken-by=treatmentroomslondon

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest i think you just need a better hair cut. You don't get much for £3k in the UK probable less than 1k grafts, better off saving it for when you really need it or just go to a top barber and spend £45 on a good style.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be fair to him he said ride it out and let's see and he said also that it's improving at a slow rate. He just thinks that my temples were effected from the start so much that Finastride is not going to help them and then he knows I'm quite conscious about the left temple and the hairline that's effected near there so his recommendation was to do what he classifies as purely an aesthetic hair treatment and he said it would cost me 3K GBP

Basically this is them and this is what he said for me would be the solution if I'm still not happy - https://www.instagram.com/p/BizeawdlNgt/?taken-by=treatmentroomslondon

and https://www.instagram.com/p/BexdSFxhOEU/?taken-by=treatmentroomslondon

@londonhairlossvictim

Believe me, he's full of sh*t. I'm in my forties, in fact, I'm almost fifty.

I just started intense treatments when I was 43 years old, and I grew a lot of hair
on my Norwood 3++ hairline.

And to be honest, you're doctor just wants your $$.

Save it.

You might not become a Norwood zero, but having a Norwood one? Nobody will know it.

Your doctor is a scam artist. Skip the voodoo.

Scientifically backed cures are your only weapon.