Any Hope For Me? Been Using Finastride Now 8 Months (34, Male, Finastride )

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I am 34

Minoxidil: 2 years now, twice a day
Finastride: Just coming into the 8th month now

Very minimum progress since using Finastride. Personally around the 6th month is when I felt it started shedded and knocked me back worse then what I start with.

In my 8th month, I feel my hair is the worst it's been. My templates are more exposed and hairline in the same area where my temple most effected area has thinned out to.

I am getting mixed reviews, some people say if nothing from Finastride now then means it doesn't work for you. I contacted 2 hair transplant guys and they said I should stay on Finastride at least 9 months before I make a decision and that I am not suited for hair transplant yet.

I have no idea if my hair will get better or this is it now.

I posted this a while ago that shows how it was some months ago - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ir-34-yr-old-male-thinning-front-area.113971/

Any help appreciated from experience

Note one pic on purpose I showed how I feel I am forced to style my hair (which i hate)

Attachments

• IMG_2823.JPG
    IMG_2823.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_2824.JPG
    IMG_2824.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_2825.JPG
    IMG_2825.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_2826.JPG
    IMG_2826.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_2827.JPG
    IMG_2827.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 631

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would kill a man for your hairline. If you get maintenance with fina it's working, be happy. If you're really bothered about thickening up the temples start using a .5mm dermaroller 2-3 times a week before minoxidil and wound with a 2mm dermadtamp every two weeks, you can throw rosemary oil in on top of those too.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Comparing from your previous thread It does look like you have lost a bit of ground. In my opinion this isn’t from the finasteride not working it’s just from the minoxidil losing its effectiveness.

After a year on minoxidil your hair usually starts to decline again and you slowly lose all those initial minoxidil gains hence why it’s good to start finasteride first or at the same time as minoxidil. Give it another 6 months or so, your hair will probably stabilise at some stage.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Comparing from your previous thread It does look like you have lost a bit of ground. In my opinion this isn’t from the finasteride not working it’s just from the minoxidil losing its effectiveness.

After a year on minoxidil your hair usually starts to decline again and you slowly lose all those initial minoxidil gains hence why it’s good to start finasteride first or at the same time as minoxidil. Give it another 6 months or so, your hair will probably stabilise at some stage.

That's sad to hear. And I know it too, I can visually see it, it's really demotivating.

What are my options now? Transplant?

Should I continue with Minoxidil or do I stop it? I've been using it for 2 years I think now.

Finastride is 8 months in.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's sad to hear. And I know it too, I can visually see it, it's really demotivating.

What are my options now? Transplant?

Should I continue with Minoxidil or do I stop it? I've been using it for 2 years I think now.

Finastride is 8 months in.

I started Dermastamping 2-3times a week before minoxidil application. It seemed to help out quite a bit for me, maybe give it a try.

You hair still looks fine though, I don’t think you need to worry about transplant just yet.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Dermastamping 2-3times a week before minoxidil application. It seemed to help out quite a bit for me, maybe give it a try.

You hair still looks fine though, I don’t think you need to worry about transplant just yet.

Did you ever use a roller?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Don't stop minoxidil, you will shed a ton.

I can't really tell if you are losing ground or not. It seems to be somewhat stabilized.

Keep in mind, even finasteride and minoxidil can't really save hairs that are sufficiently miniaturized. They will keep them "alive" for longer, but you won't necessarily get them to be normal, healthy anagen hairs.

Having said all that, you have great hair, so don't stress too much about it.

M.Piep

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I started noticing light hair regrowth at 3/months with Finesteride. At 6 months stronger regrowth. Full healthy hair inside 12 months, and I started with fairly severe and immediate hair loss. I used 10 mg Biotin tab supplements in combination with Finasteride. And a more natural hair conditioner for fine hair with Biotin in it. Leave the conditioner on a little longer than normal before rinsing. Biotin is natural supplement benefiting hair growth.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Don't stop minoxidil, you will shed a ton.

I can't really tell if you are losing ground or not. It seems to be somewhat stabilized.

Keep in mind, even finasteride and minoxidil can't really save hairs that are sufficiently miniaturized. They will keep them "alive" for longer, but you won't necessarily get them to be normal, healthy anagen hairs.

Having said all that, you have great hair, so don't stress too much about it.

Is this the case for everyone though? Dont some men get some slight regrowth which to me means they had miniaturized hairs that regrew back to normal anagen hairs. I know typically most men dont regrow any hair, but its possible probably more likely on recent crown loss. The more recent the loss the better your chances of reversing miniaturization which is why ounce of prevention is worth pound of cure.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys this is my update now officially 9 months into Finastride

Does it look like it's improving? I feel it is finally kicking in

Attachments

• IMG_2972.JPG
    IMG_2972.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_2973.JPG
    IMG_2973.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 322

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my update now officially 9 months into Finastride

Does it look like it's improving? I feel it is finally kicking in
You are not losing so that is a win. To me it looks the same.

M.Piep

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are not losing so that is a win. To me it looks the same.
Yes, now that you, mentioned it (abcdefg) I do seem to recall (miniaturized) fine hair coming in first, and yes you are probably right that everyone is different, as evidenced by the rate by which people respond to the treatment.

To London Hairloss Victim, congratulations on getting some results! It is kind of hard to tell change in the photos, but you are up close and personal and can tell where progress is occurring. Usually after initial changes there is a gradual acceleration in progress. (At least in my case.)

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well i don’t know to be honest - i thought it was improving but just saw my hair in a new tube light style installed in kitchen and when i looked in mirror can see all effected hairline so i don’t know whats happening.

i feel hair fall in shower in last few weeks has definetely halted, i dont know if thats finastride finally working or if its just coz i cut my hair shorter

i really wish some hair growth kicks in - it really upsets me now not being able to wear ny hair up