Any Hair product or thickener that thicken ones hair?

Losingmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking 4 a hairloss concealer like dermatch etc. I'm talking about a hair product that actually thicken ones hair. Does it exist?thanks

RaginDemon

Reaction score
LoReal XY thickening Shampoo works, you have to use it for a while to notice the differnce though, the thickening cosmetic effect won't show right away.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Cassin, I second that opinion.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Cassin, I pour Nano shampoo and Aveda shampoo into the palm of my hand and get a new shampoo that helps thicken and maintain hair loss. (I cannot use any shampoo that has nizoral because it dries my hair up too much and makes it look thin.) They make a perfect pair. I think Jason's thin to thick would definitely win second place. Jason and Aveda are close in performance but Aveda seems to have more lasting thickness during the day and seems to feel less dry in texture. Phytovolume actif helps build volume but use it sparingly because its strong. Do some googling on opinions of Actif and you will see it was rated one of best for thinning hair or fine hair.

Meddller

Reaction score
Can you buy Aveda Pure Abundance in drug stores or do you have to go the Salon\online route? If so where's the best place. Thanks.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Its only sold in Aveda stores or online. You cannot get it in a salon anymore unless its an Aveda salon or store. Aveda has free shipping now if you enter the code winter28. I just got an email from them telling me about the free shipping with that code.

Meddller

Reaction score
Thanks Doctor House! You mentioned you mixed Aveda and Nano together. Is Nano shampoo any good? Has it helped you with regrowth or do you use it in place of Nizoral to keep your scalp healthy? I too don't like Nizoral, leaves my hair feeling like crap and looking thin. Much appreciated.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Nano is very good but it does not lather too well and its very watery. I like the old Nano which lathered good and was thicker but still I feel Nano does help maintain and possibly regrow some hair but I would not use it as a stand alone treatment but I do use it as a substitute for Nizoral since that makes my hair look like crap. I think Nano does make the hair look cosmetically thicker too but not as good as Aveda.

Meddller

Reaction score
DoctorHouse, thanks again. Where's the best place to buy Nano online and how much do you pay? Do you feel it's helped witha any regrowth?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I buy my Nano from Dr Proctor at drproctor.com. It could help with regrowth but I use other stuff too so I cannot say for sure. Check out his website for the price.