Any Good Places To Go In London/uk For Hair Replacement Fitting/ Cutting In

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the main pros and cons in your experience?

Mainly how realistic did your hair turn out. What's your hairline come out like?

Were they a good service? Did they set you up so you can do things yourself?

Did they seem like they were on it with the hair line, density etc.

Their website looked good. Don't want to end up with a super obvious wig though that would make me not want to go out.
I'd have to agree with BB in that TCP's systems are generally very fake looking. They tend to be very high on density and if you want a normal/low density piece then you have to wait 3 months.

The worst part for me is the density. It is ridiculous. And the hairline is awful - so you cannot expose the front at all.
Also the colour was jet black and they don't do a lighter shade of black unless you order custom.

It took me 3 haircuts to get to where I felt comfortable. I had to ask the hairdressers to thin the hair massively, and cut it shorter much more than the salon was prepared to go.

The piece also shed a fair bit and faded to a lighter shade of black over the past 2 months. Finally I feel it looks normal.

My pics are here: http://s1070.photobucket.com/

The service was good, but that's due to the salons being good rather than the product itself.

The biggest pros for me are that maintenance is easy and the skin base is really comfortable. The salon won't teach you how to self-maintain but if you ask then the hairdresser might give you some tips. Lucky for me, the salon was good so they did help me with some stuff. Else it can get really expensive going in for monthly refits.

I've ordered from elsewhere for my next piece, and I'm going to try lace for a more realistic hairline. This time I've ordered from Richard@UKhairsystems. I will review once I have the system in a month or so.

Dionysus57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with BB in that TCP's systems are generally very fake looking. They tend to be very high on density and if you want a normal/low density piece then you have to wait 3 months.

The worst part for me is the density. It is ridiculous. And the hairline is awful - so you cannot expose the front at all.
Also the colour was jet black and they don't do a lighter shade of black unless you order custom.

It took me 3 haircuts to get to where I felt comfortable. I had to ask the hairdressers to thin the hair massively, and cut it shorter much more than the salon was prepared to go.

The piece also shed a fair bit and faded to a lighter shade of black over the past 2 months. Finally I feel it looks normal.

My pics are here: http://s1070.photobucket.com/

The service was good, but that's due to the salons being good rather than the product itself.

The biggest pros for me are that maintenance is easy and the skin base is really comfortable. The salon won't teach you how to self-maintain but if you ask then the hairdresser might give you some tips. Lucky for me, the salon was good so they did help me with some stuff. Else it can get really expensive going in for monthly refits.

I've ordered from elsewhere for my next piece, and I'm going to try lace for a more realistic hairline. This time I've ordered from Richard@UKhairsystems. I will review once I have the system in a month or so.
Thank you so much for your honest opinion!

I couldn't open the pics for some reason, but you've really helped me out.

I think I will start off with lace too. I also have black hair (well I dye it black anyway) so it was good you have the same colour as me and could give me a good opinion!

Thank you again!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
There were some on Instagram where the density is quite low and the hairline looked really good. I'm just weighing up my options at the moment. Also I think they glue the whole thing down which I just don't want to do. I'd rather use a French lace system I think where I will be able to bloody breathe apparently

I didn't look at the Instagram pics, but I believe you. But, if they can let a customer walk out a salon, looking like... this:

I cringed... and the subsequent vids of this guy did NOT get better.

or this:

The hairline is not even straight!!!

This one was better:

Dionysus57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't look at the Instagram pics, but I believe you. But, if they can let a customer walk out a salon, looking like... this:

I cringed... and the subsequent vids of this guy did NOT get better.

or this:

The hairline is not even straight!!!

This one was better:

Yes lord no not for me not at all.

Thanks for looking out for me BaldBearded

It's such a shame that Ellis guy is so damned good looking as well!

Noah

Reaction score
IMG_0150.jpg
My gut muscles spasm slightly when I see poor Steve; they have made a total laughing stock of him. He is positively suave there by comparison with some of the looks they have sent him out with. What about this one for example? I've seen balaclavas that were more natural looking.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 103012 My gut muscles spasm slightly when I see poor Steve; they have made a total laughing stock of him. He is positively suave there by comparison with some of the looks they have sent him out with. What about this one for example? I've seen balaclavas that were more natural looking.

And he thinks he looks amazing...

Stubilaroo

My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone have an opinion on HLC Bromley? Thats where im off too. They have said 4 - 6 weeks wear and the system will last 18 months - 2 years

BowdyBear

My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone have an opinion on HLC Bromley? Thats where im off too. They have said 4 - 6 weeks wear and the system will last 18 months - 2 years

I'd be interested to hear this, I live in Bromley so that would be ideal for me. There's so many different places, AHS, HLC, MH2GO, TCP, I've heard good and bad about all of them. I'm also not made of money so I really cant afford to replace the system every 5 minutes but I'm happy to get it removed and cleaned every 3-4 weeks. But at over £500+ for the system I'd hope it lasts 6 months to a year.

It seems to be the biggest mine field, it's proving an olympian feat to find somewhere reputable that does't charge a small fortune every 2 weeks even in London of all places.

Noah

Reaction score

I just had a look at their IG page. Obviously that is not a conclusive test, but the pictures looked like normal people as opposed to stock model pictures, and the systems all looked pretty natural. In all or virtually all the pics the wearer has a style which doesn't expose the hairline, which may be a sign that their hairlines are not that great.

I think it's worth following up if you live nearby and you want that kind of service. Ask if you can meet one or two of their customers - normally they will have someone in for maintenance who will be OK to let you look at his system and you can assess whether you would be happy with the work quality. Also ask what kind of systems they sell (e.g. just skin based stock units, or do they sell lace too, do they do custom units etc) and how the maintenance works (do they educate you to do it, or are you dependent on them)?

Kieran25

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear this, I live in Bromley so that would be ideal for me. There's so many different places, AHS, HLC, MH2GO, TCP, I've heard good and bad about all of them. I'm also not made of money so I really cant afford to replace the system every 5 minutes but I'm happy to get it removed and cleaned every 3-4 weeks. But at over £500+ for the system I'd hope it lasts 6 months to a year.

It seems to be the biggest mine field, it's proving an olympian feat to find somewhere reputable that does't charge a small fortune every 2 weeks even in London of all places.

@Noah could you PM the list too please?

So I got my system from Bromley at HLC - the initial fitting was fine, but the piece was so wet it made the hair look flat (which is what I wanted) but then it turned into a birds nest. They offer a free 1 week check up, where I got the hair thinned out and reglued at the front. I'm still not happy with the hairline which is obvious as the lace is showing and I think I still want the hair thinned out more - maybe faults on both sides as I never researched into the thickness. They took 7 weeks to make a custom system but it was 100% dense. I'm going back one more time for them to sort it out which costs £45 every 4 weeks for maintenance and a trim, which is ok as I used to pay £11 a week for a haircut. If all else fails then I am thinking to try Mens Hair 2 Go in Whitechapel....happy to report back soon

Kieran25

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 years is not realistic at all - they told me I could get a year out of it with good care etc - but I am budgeting 2 systems a year being realistic.

Noah

Reaction score
You're right: 2 years for a lace system is not realistic. 6 months is doable if you are pretty careful with it.