Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone have any idea what the best dosage is? i just started like 20 days ago with 2,5 gramm a day... wanted to do that for a month or so and then go to 5 and see what happens...
reasoning for this was that in the reviews it said that 5g works quite well, but some people said their face got bloated when they did 5g and after they switched to 2,5g a day, bloating stopped and they still saw (less) effects...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone have any idea what the best dosage is? i just started like 20 days ago with 2,5 gramm a day... wanted to do that for a month or so and then go to 5 and see what happens...
reasoning for this was that in the reviews it said that 5g works quite well, but some people said their face got bloated when they did 5g and after they switched to 2,5g a day, bloating stopped and they still saw (less) effects...
Are you male or female? This is one of the times that that matters. Then I can give you some dosages sort of.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
How dire is your situation? Because for once, more is better with oral minoxidil.
well for all i know my crown is getting worse and worse... been on normal minoxidil and finasteride for 3 years, then for like 9 month (until now) i used finasteride daily and dutasteride every third, switched to dutasteride every day the same day i switched to oral minoxidil (got finasteride pills and one spare bottle minoxidil left, just in case)...
thing is, the front went way better and doesnt loose any hair anymore... and i always heard its the opposite, front is harder to maintain/regrow and crown is more or less easy...
when i started 3 years ago, the front was technically not existent anymore but the crown was okay (saw it thinning there and thats why i eventually started medication)...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you do that? I have romaine and is this not dangerous to drink
Look at the ingredient list. There should only be water, ethanol, active ingredient and a food preservative listed. I think people are so surprised that this won't kill you but generally, if a substance is safe to eat, it's safe as a topical and vice versa. Sometimes there can be metabolite issues that matter. Romaine cracks me up. Made from cool green lettuce-y goodness. Mmm....

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well for all i know my crown is getting worse and worse... been on normal minoxidil and finasteride for 3 years, then for like 9 month (until now) i used finasteride daily and dutasteride every third, switched to dutasteride every day the same day i switched to oral minoxidil (got finasteride pills and one spare bottle minoxidil left, just in case)...
thing is, the front went way better and doesnt loose any hair anymore... and i always heard its the opposite, front is harder to maintain/regrow and crown is more or less easy...
when i started 3 years ago, the front was technically not existent anymore but the crown was okay (saw it thinning there and thats why i eventually started medication)...
What you say is generally true. My crown has completely filled in since I went on high-dose estradiol, last June. I added oral min in October of 2020 and that's has appeared to work sensationally along with the derma-roller and all of the rest that I take. Strangely, for me too, the crown went way before the hair line but it came back before the whole hairline did. 36 Goddess-awful years with a bald spot and bam, it's not there anymore. The temples often lag but I massage them daily to loosen them up and I microneedle a lot in this area.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the ingredient list. There should only be water, ethanol, active ingredient and a food preservative listed. I think people are so surprised that this won't kill you but generally, if a substance is safe to eat, it's safe as a topical and vice versa. Sometimes there can be metabolite issues that matter. Romaine cracks me up. Made from cool green lettuce-y goodness. Mmm....
I mixed a dab of foam Rogaine with orange juice and drank it, is that safe you think

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you say is generally true. My crown has completely filled in since I went on high-dose estradiol, last June. I added oral min in October of 2020 and that's has appeared to work sensationally along with the derma-roller and all of the rest that I take. Strangely, for me too, the crown went way before the hair line but it came back before the whole hairline did. 36 Goddess-awful years with a bald spot and bam, it's not there anymore. The temples often lag but I massage them daily to loosen them up and I microneedle a lot in this area.
yeah i dont care much about the temples anymore, since i considered them long gone a long time ago... that came back quite well, but anyway, its the crown now and that happened after i started finasteride and so on... like two years after i started finasteride... thats why i added dutasteride first...

so anyway, 5mg minoxidil a day is okay i guess?

i mean if i just stick with dutasteride and oral minos it also saves me quite some money^^

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i dont care much about the temples anymore, since i considered them long gone a long time ago... that came back quite well, but anyway, its the crown now and that happened after i started finasteride and so on... like two years after i started finasteride... thats why i added dutasteride first...

so anyway, 5mg minoxidil a day is okay i guess?

i mean if i just stick with dutasteride and oral minos it also saves me quite some money^^
Yes. 5 mg is an optimal dose. Females often add 25mg of spironolactone as well.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. 5 mg is an optimal dose. Females often add 25mg of spironolactone as well.
thx...
i heard about spironolactone, actually somewhere there was even some spironolactone cream for men, but i cant remember where that was...
spironolactone is a bit much for me though... not that i read too much about it, but from what i got, its not something you should be doing if you are transitioning...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thx...
i heard about spironolactone, actually somewhere there was even some spironolactone cream for men, but i cant remember where that was...
spironolactone is a bit much for me though... not that i read too much about it, but from what i got, its not something you should be doing if you are transitioning...
The cream is controversial because apparently it's the metabolites that make spironolactone effective. Women need very small amounts of spironolactone to help them avoid too much body hair or peach fuzz production. I have started trying 25 mg of spironolactone which is the most that I can stand to take because it has heavy and stereotypical sides like weakness, loss of strength, fatugue, "brain fog" all associated with the loss of power in the upper part of the body. spironolactone might possibly be synergistic with estrogen but they definitely work together to feminize and promote hair growth quite often.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
The cream is controversial because apparently it's the metabolites that make spironolactone effective. Women need very small amounts of spironolactone to help them avoid too much body hair or peach fuzz production. I have started trying 25 mg of spironolactone which is the most that I can stand to take because it has heavy and stereotypical sides like weakness, loss of strength, fatugue, "brain fog" all associated with the loss of power in the upper part of the body. spironolactone might possibly be synergistic with estrogen but they definitely work together to feminize and promote hair growth quite often.
yeah thx...
i wont try that (for now^^)...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
What side effects are putting you off oral spironolactone? it is a big leap from just taking 5aris, just wondering though.
just thought that is for feminisation... otherwise, as mentioned, i didnt do too much research on it, just read somewhere that some cream should help (after i found said cream somewhere)...