Any Experience With Turkish Clinics??

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d say Dr Demirsoy, I was looking for ages but couldn’t find anything negative on this surgeon. I’m booked in for January
What's the surgery costing?

As an update to my own reaerach....

I've also contacted Dr Civas and it's coming out at €4500. Still cheap. I've not done deep research on his results.

However as I'm NW6/7, the fact that they said 3000 would give thickness across the whole scalp (front to back) is, quite frankly, a lie. Also no mention of the fact i already have a depleted donor area.

Dr Civas also doesn't do a lot of the procedure himself. Extraction and implantation is done by nurses (like the vast majority).

I contacted Demisroy but got no response.

Dr ******** got back to me and was talking about 7000 grafts over 2 ops 6+ months apart. He's the only one that seemed to think I'd have sufficient donor area for even close to that many grafts.

Of most listed on this thread, the Drs are IHRS members.

With Acar, my comfort is the existence of a UK company that i know exists if anything doesn't go to plan. As a lawyer, that carries a lot of weight for me.

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the surgery costing?

As an update to my own reaerach....

I've also contacted Dr Civas and it's coming out at €4500. Still cheap. I've not done deep research on his results.

However as I'm NW6/7, the fact that they said 3000 would give thickness across the whole scalp (front to back) is, quite frankly, a lie. Also no mention of the fact i already have a depleted donor area.

Dr Civas also doesn't do a lot of the procedure himself. Extraction and implantation is done by nurses (like the vast majority).

I contacted Demisroy but got no response.

Dr ******** got back to me and was talking about 7000 grafts over 2 ops 6+ months apart. He's the only one that seemed to think I'd have sufficient donor area for even close to that many grafts.

Of most listed on this thread, the Drs are IHRS members.

With Acar, my comfort is the existence of a UK company that i know exists if anything doesn't go to plan. As a lawyer, that carries a lot of weight for me.

Btw ****& is Bis ...A N G A.

Not sure why blocked.

fairhurst

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buzzer you sound like same as me with donor area and norwood 6... ;0(
think would be thin to the the crown with donor area numbers

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buzzer you sound like same as me with donor area and norwood 6... ;0(
think would be thin to the the crown with donor area numbers

Afraid so. That's why i quickly rule out Drs that promise the world with minimal donor area and 3000-3500 grafts. However I have very thick dark hair on the sides and back and I'm also hoping some beard hair can be used as well. However you have to be realistic - 3000 grafts will only give me thickness in the front and mid scalp. I may be able to have a second op to cover the crown but then i risk over harvesting from the back. Ultimately, i won't know until i get assessed face to face.

Erdogan and Acar both gave an honest assessment of the above and said I'd get 50% coverage at best with 3000-3500 grafts including some beard hair.

******** and Serkan Aygin clinic both spoke of 2x ops totalling 7000 grafts but didn't mention the over harvesting risks that Acar and Erdogan mentioned.

Dr Civas and Zen Hair (olcay selgin) promised the world with full scalp coverage.

As ever, all those in my situation are faced with the same quandary.....

Are Erdogan and Acar realistic or not skilled enough to guaranteed additional extractions and thickness.

Are Bis anga and Aygin being too optimistic or is the cost of Bis anga (€18000 for 2x ops) how he achieves such good results.

Are Civas and Zen Hair, talking total sh*t.

.....Who f*****g knows. Only time will tell after I bite the bullet and get it done.

fairhurst

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the reply
sounds just like me that lol...

dr cinik said 3500-4000 grafts for 90% coverage for me

smile hair clinic more honest with saying a full coverage will not be possible.. and grafts of 2700-300 without damaging the donor area,,

waiting on Cosmedica see what they say but be same thing i guess

not good really.

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the reply
sounds just like me that lol...

dr cinik said 3500-4000 grafts for 90% coverage for me

smile hair clinic more honest with saying a full coverage will not be possible.. and grafts of 2700-300 without damaging the donor area,,

waiting on Cosmedica see what they say but be same thing i guess

not good really.
I went with AEK clinic. Im now 11 months post op and extremely happy with the results. I went for a mega session doing both FUT and FUE and got around 11000 hairs (not grafts) So glad I did that as i had it all done over 2 days and now the results are great. Do your research and good luck.

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went with AEK clinic. Im now 11 months post op and extremely happy with the results. I went for a mega session doing both FUT and FUE and got around 11000 hairs (not grafts) So glad I did that as i had it all done over 2 days and now the results are great. Do your research and good luck.
Sounds great. Have you got before and after pics?

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 10 months before and after.jpg
    10 months before and after.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 615

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI everyone that might mildly care, I'm booked in with Dr Acar in a few months. I'll probably create a new thread to post details of my experience.

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice.

Is that even the same person?
Hi Buzzer. Yup. same person. getting the hair done prompted me to get into shape as well. Im really happy with the result. I have month by month progression if you want to see but yup, amazing what a shave and getting into shape does.

fairhurst

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have just recieved a quote from Acar today by coincidence.. which i might go for yet..still undecided..

daleyw84

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going for the Dr Acar package. I wanted some comfort that he'll be actively involved in the surgery.

That would have be my preferred option too, have you been dealing with GMH in the UK - how have you found them?

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
That would have be my preferred option too, have you been dealing with GMH in the UK - how have you found them?

Yes I have been dealing with them.

I don't like the fact that there is a lack of contracts almoat exclusively across the board in this business. GMH are a UK company and have no excuse. However they have been good to deal with, helpful and prompt. Also they gave honest advice and didnt promise the world. Their main man on the ground also had an op with Acar a few years back apparently.

daleyw84

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I have been dealing with them.

I don't like the fact that there is a lack of contracts almoat exclusively across the board in this business. GMH are a UK company and have no excuse. However they have been good to deal with, helpful and prompt. Also they gave honest advice and didnt promise the world. Their main man on the ground also had an op with Acar a few years back apparently.

I've not found one of the Turkish clinics that have 'contracts' although I have been speaking with a clinic in Budapest who do and require 1000 Euro deposit as well.

My experience with them was fair, they weren't particular prompt and never seemed prepared to go above and beyond like most others I have spoken with. Appreciate everyone has different expectations and experiences though!

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
yo mate. thats good... how many grafts will you be achieving>? if your norwood 6 like me?
Thanks Fairhurst. I had 2 procedudes. a mega session. First day was FUE and we got around 2200 hairs (not grafts) and the next day we did FUT and got 8800 hairs(good donor area) so I had around 11000 hairs which I estimate would be around 4500 grafts. I reckon I went from a norwood 6 down to a norwood 2 or 3. Really happy with the result. If you are norwood 6 then I would recommend you need maximum hair so you really should go for an FUT to get the best result