Any Experience With Turkish Clinics??

fairhurst

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Fairhurst. I had 2 procedudes. a mega session. First day was FUE and we got around 2200 hairs (not grafts) and the next day we did FUT and got 8800 hairs(good donor area) so I had around 11000 hairs which I estimate would be around 4500 grafts. I reckon I went from a norwood 6 down to a norwood 2 or 3. Really happy with the result. If you are norwood 6 then I would recommend you need maximum hair so you really should go for an FUT to get the best result

hi thanks for the reply...it sounds like you have had very good results..very good indeed for you..
my donor area is some what lacking unlike yours it seems

i have been dealing with GMH too,seems they are booked up for some time with the Acar package.

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply...it sounds like you have had very good results..very good indeed for you..
my donor area is some what lacking unlike yours it seems

i have been dealing with GMH too,seems they are booked up for some time with the Acar package.
good luck with your journey. have to say that my only regret is not doing it sooner.

bruno96

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with AEK Clinic (Dr.Ali Emre Karadeniz)? They ask you to deposit me € 200 to book. I'm a little afraid is it reliable?

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with AEK Clinic (Dr.Ali Emre Karadeniz)? They ask you to deposit me € 200 to book. I'm a little afraid is it reliable?
Don't have experience or know of that clinic but €200 doesn't sound unreasonable for a deposit. Most others charge more

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my hair done with him last year. Extremely happy with the result. They asked for 1000 euros deposit when I went with them. Hes a little gruff with his demeanor but an excellent surgeon

bruno96

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my hair done with him last year. Extremely happy with the result. They asked for 1000 euros deposit when I went with them. Hes a little gruff with his demeanor but an excellent surgeon
This clinic comes at a price if you are accompanied by another doctor (Dr Murtaza Aktas), someone knows this doctor, 1300 € I find it very cheap, and even better with Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz. what do you think?

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
This clinic comes at a price if you are accompanied by another doctor (Dr Murtaza Aktas), someone knows this doctor, 1300 € I find it very cheap, and even better with Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz. what do you think?
In my case I was a norwood 5 going to 6 and I went with AEK because I really needed to get an FUT to maximum my donor hair. I decided that I wanted to go with a mega session so I also did an FUE and a FUT over 2 days. I ended up paying 5500 euros for both. was it expensive, yes more than doing it over a couple of years but was it worth it, absolutely. I have pretty much gone from a norwood 5/6 to a norwood 2. I am extremely happy with the result and put that above what the cost was. I ended up having around 11000 hairs transplanted which I estimate to be around 5000 grafts. I opted to go with Dr K himself but the technicians there were all really good as well.

bruno96

My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with fue limited shaven on donor area? I will start working 3 days after the transplant. Dr says I need 3000-5000 hairs. does he say i will get 100 hair per cm2 looks like the natural one?
I go to Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz I prefer to pay more but get better

lb88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I have been dealing with them.

I don't like the fact that there is a lack of contracts almoat exclusively across the board in this business. GMH are a UK company and have no excuse. However they have been good to deal with, helpful and prompt. Also they gave honest advice and didnt promise the world. Their main man on the ground also had an op with Acar a few years back apparently.

Hi Buzzer can I just ask, from a recourse perspective, why it's better going through a UK company - would you absolutely rule out engaging directly with a clinic? And on the same subject, would you take any comfort from paying on a credit card (and the protection that provides)?

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
I most certainly wouldn't rule out liaising directly with a clinic - 99% are dealt with that way right?. But if I'm in anyway unhappy or disappointed, what legal or consumer protections do i have in Turkey that i can pursue? The answer is i have no idea. However, I'm very aware of how to pursue action against a corporate entity and its directors in England. The reality of course is that a UK company can easily disappear but I know and understand that.

The credit card just provides protection against fraud and supply of goods doesn't it, rather than with services ?

lb88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I most certainly wouldn't rule out liaising directly with a clinic - 99% are dealt with that way right?. But if I'm in anyway unhappy or disappointed, what legal or consumer protections do i have in Turkey that i can pursue? The answer is i have no idea. However, I'm very aware of how to pursue action against a corporate entity and its directors in England. The reality of course is that a UK company can easily disappear but I know and understand that.

The credit card just provides protection against fraud and supply of goods doesn't it, rather than with services ?

Having done a very quick bit of research, Section 75 effectively covers anything you pay for directly on a credit card up to £30k (this includes services) so there's certainly protection there to get a refund. But obviously if you want to bring action for damages over and above the amount paid I think you're right in that it would be an awful lot of work to do that in a different legal jurisdiction.

I'm looking to book something fairly soon, Dr Acar being one on my shortlist. Can I ask when you're booked in for and how you've found the service so far?

fairhurst

My Regimen
Reaction score
im booked in for the 26th next week.. gold plus through at Cosmedica.- GMH uk company rep... all good so far to deal with etc mate.

Icedillon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone enquired with este medical group, big outfit lots of social media posts too. They do transplant in istanbul but aftercare in uk. They also do laser hair therapy to improve blood flow?

Maximus1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
In response to my own thread, I booked and went with Dr Erkan Demirsoy.
I will try to write a separate post shortly to help those who are in the same position I was once in.
Cheers.

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
In response to my own thread, I booked and went with Dr Erkan Demirsoy.
I will try to write a separate post shortly to help those who are in the same position I was once in.
Cheers.

I’m 6 weeks post op with Demirsoy and the service was second to none. I wouldn’t of changed my choice. Have you had yours done yet? Or when are you booked in? I’m sure you won’t regret mate