Any Experience With Turkish Clinics??

Maximus1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
Turkish Hair Transplant:

Hi all,
Does anyone have any experience with Turkish clinics/transplants?
Usual story applies, looked at UK hair transplant many years ago but put off by cost.
I was told about a particular company in Istanbul, but upon research there's hundreds and hundreds, and it's a complete minefield.
The companies/DRs I'm looking at through research are as follows:
Cosmedic/Dr Acar
GetHair/Dr Tayfun
Dr Serkin Aygin Clinic
Dr Cinik (probably not now)
Clinmedica/Dr Gokhan Yildiz
Dr Oclay Saygin
I have also looked at Drs Haykan Dogonay, Koray Erdogan and AEK. I have been in touch with the first two, but they're well out my price range unfortunately (looking around £7-8k!!).
If anyone has any advice, or experience please share!!
Many thanks.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is indeed a minefield in Turkey! but some good surgeons can still be found and you can save lots of money. Also avoiding UK is very wise.
From the few recent reviews I have read, Erdogan has been producing below average results due to change of technician (possibly corner cutting) etc. I would personally avoid him. I like the sound of Demirsoy if you haven't checked him out?

Maximus1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you both, I've heard of Demisroy, does anyone have any direct experience, or just looking at reviews?

I've read many, many reviews on various sites and clinics... and to be honest it's hard to know what's true, and who's actually written them.

Thanks again.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you both, I've heard of Demisroy, does anyone have any direct experience, or just looking at reviews?

I've read many, many reviews on various sites and clinics... and to be honest it's hard to know what's true, and who's actually written them.

Thanks again.

There are a few in the relevant sections. I think you only have to take a look at the other posts of a particular forum member to see whether they are legit reviewers with their personal experience or fake users touting for a clinic. The lesser known Turkish clinics are notorious for their fake reviews which doesn't reflect well on them, hence choosing a good surgeon in Turkey is even more of a landmine requiring some good research.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Turkish ones are the best in the world at what they do. There is none of that red tape you'd find in the western world where they charge you 10k and you end up looking like Wayne Rooney's backside. None of that bulls***. They run it like a factory. It only demonstrates how p*** poor it is in most other countries. Keser has some good reviews and have seen some absolute stelllar results from a couple of friends who went to Serkin Aygin. I'm doing mine in Belgium with B isanga.

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
Turkish Hair Transplant:

Hi all,
Does anyone have any experience with Turkish clinics/transplants?
Usual story applies, looked at UK hair transplant many years ago but put off by cost.
I was told about a particular company in Istanbul, but upon research there's hundreds and hundreds, and it's a complete minefield.
The companies/DRs I'm looking at through research are as follows:
Cosmedic/Dr Acar
GetHair/Dr Tayfun
Dr Serkin Aygin Clinic
Dr Cinik (probably not now)
Clinmedica/Dr Gokhan Yildiz
Dr Oclay Saygin
I have also looked at Drs Haykan Dogonay, Koray Erdogan and AEK. I have been in touch with the first two, but they're well out my price range unfortunately (looking around £7-8k!!).
If anyone has any advice, or experience please share!!
Many thanks.

A minefield is an understatement for tuekey. I'm looking myself at the monent. From my research.....

- Zen Hair clinic/Olcay Selgin were coming in so cheap (€2k) that it was a concern. I've not read reviews on them though. They also didn't refer to the fact that i probably wouldn't get the results i wanted due to minimal donor area.

- dr serkin aygin is coming in at £1990. Unlike the above, they referred to my minimal donor area and the need for 2 operations if i wanted decent coverage (though I'm not sure i have enough donor area for that). They also disclosed that the role of the Dr Serkan is to plan the operation, supervise the team of the 4 medical staff (doctor, nurse and 2 technicians) who are trained and guided by Dr Serkan with an average of 10 years experience. Therefore he isn't axtually involved in the fue process and transplant itself. I need to read more reveiws.

- Erdogan clinic have done the most thorough assessment and told me my donor area would only cover front 3rd of my head. Still waiting on price.

- dr acar - clear info on various packages. Their is a package where dr acar himself opens the hair channels. Technicians do the rest. They were honest enough to say I'd only get 50% coverage due to minimal donor area and also said a second op would be difficult. Price is £3200.

- dr demisroy - waiting for feedback.

Any clinic that promises the world to me is immediately off my list. I'd also favour dr lead surgery rather than technician led but the latter seems standard in Turkey.

Maximus1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
A minefield is an understatement for tuekey. I'm looking myself at the monent. From my research.....

- Zen Hair clinic/Olcay Selgin were coming in so cheap (€2k) that it was a concern. I've not read reviews on them though. They also didn't refer to the fact that i probably wouldn't get the results i wanted due to minimal donor area.

- dr serkin aygin is coming in at £1990. Unlike the above, they referred to my minimal donor area and the need for 2 operations if i wanted decent coverage (though I'm not sure i have enough donor area for that). They also disclosed that the role of the Dr Serkan is to plan the operation, supervise the team of the 4 medical staff (doctor, nurse and 2 technicians) who are trained and guided by Dr Serkan with an average of 10 years experience. Therefore he isn't axtually involved in the fue process and transplant itself. I need to read more reveiws.

- Erdogan clinic have done the most thorough assessment and told me my donor area would only cover front 3rd of my head. Still waiting on price.

- dr acar - clear info on various packages. Their is a package where dr acar himself opens the hair channels. Technicians do the rest. They were honest enough to say I'd only get 50% coverage due to minimal donor area and also said a second op would be difficult. Price is £3200.

Any clinic that promises the world to me is immediately off my list. I'd also favour dr lead surgery rather than technician led but the latter seems standard in Turkey.
Hi,

How are you getting on? From reading various posts and forums, anything under £2k, probably even £3k isn't worth considering. You have to ask what level of service you will receive.

Erdogan is supposed to be good but I think €1.5/2 per graft, so it would depend upon how many you need. I've heard patient numbers are increasing, and standards may have slipped slightly. Only relaying information I've read though.

It does take a while to hear back from Demirsoy, but everything towards them I've read seems positive. I think it's €1.5 per graft, but transfers/hotels etc are additional. The good thing is the doctor does all the important parts if the procedure.

Dr Acar does look good... I am tempted but not 100%. They do a lot of patients a day too, so I'd be mindful of that. There is of course the Dr Acar package, seems good for the money.

Cheers and good luck.

figuringitout90

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to Cinik last summer in turkey. great decision. got about 4k grafts, the techs do it FYI. cost about $4200 total with flight and everything. The first 3 months sucked *** especially the first 6 weeks or so, you basically can't leave house. after a year I can legitimately say it was worth it and they did a good job, they even took some grafts from my beard as well. No one knows I've had a hair transplant, they will know if they see you within about 4weeks to 6 weeks after though just FYI

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great you're pleased.

Why were the first 6 weeks so bad? Have you got before and after pics?

I think I'm going to go with Dr Acar as i want a process where the surgeon at least has some involvement in the surgery.

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

How are you getting on? From reading various posts and forums, anything under £2k, probably even £3k isn't worth considering. You have to ask what level of service you will receive.

Erdogan is supposed to be good but I think €1.5/2 per graft, so it would depend upon how many you need. I've heard patient numbers are increasing, and standards may have slipped slightly. Only relaying information I've read though.

It does take a while to hear back from Demirsoy, but everything towards them I've read seems positive. I think it's €1.5 per graft, but transfers/hotels etc are additional. The good thing is the doctor does all the important parts if the procedure.

Dr Acar does look good... I am tempted but not 100%. They do a lot of patients a day too, so I'd be mindful of that. There is of course the Dr Acar package, seems good for the money.

Cheers and good luck.
FYI, still nothing for demisroy. I can't wait forever and reviews on him are mixed. I'm struggling to find bad reviews on Acar. With him, I'll be paying about €4000 for around 3000 grafts, excluding flights.

Maximus1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where have you seen bad reviews on Demirsoy? I'm close to booking, but they operate in a private clinic, something I'm told to be aware of. Also, they don't seem to have actual reviews, just forums.

Acar looks good, but I've read several negative reviews. I admit, you're going to get this and there's plenty of good ones. Are they real though, legit? Who knows??!

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where have you seen bad reviews on Demirsoy? I'm close to booking, but they operate in a private clinic, something I'm told to be aware of. Also, they don't seem to have actual reviews, just forums.

Acar looks good, but I've read several negative reviews. I admit, you're going to get this and there's plenty of good ones. Are they real though, legit? Who knows??!
Maybe saying "bad" reviews on Demisroy is disingenuous. On other major forums there are a number of people saying they are a little disappointed with the results or the aftercare wasnt great.

Regarding Acar, I've read negative reviews where people are saying they are disappointed that it was a tech led surgery or the driver picked them up at the wrong time or that they didn't actually aee Acar.himself but none that say, 12 months on they are disappointed. Cosmedica are now clear that it is a tech driven surgery and acar is only hands on if you pay for it. In fairness, from the top 10 most popular Drs in Turkey there aren't may reveiws where people have had totally sh*t work done and in any event, my guess is the vast majority of positive reviews are fake anyway - anyone that comes on as a new member, gives a positive review and disappears, is almost definitely fake. That rules out at least half straight away.

Maximus1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying, it's the hardest thing I've ever had to research. I would imagine the majority of people, myself included would have surgery, post no pics online and do no write ups or reviews provided it all went well or okay.

Clinmedica continue to pester me, struck them off a while ago as they're pushy, and I think very tech lead.

I would only have the Dr Acar package if I went with Cosmedica... but even still he only opens the channels. I understand this is an important part of the procedure, but so is the extraction.

One thing with these packages is all the thrown in gimmicks, and marketing strategies. How much of this is actually beneficial, and how much is purely marketing. I've read so much contradicting information on PRP, blade types, aftercare etc etc.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

All the clinics you have listed except Demirsoy take a large number of patients a day, Demirsoy will cost you more than the factories youve listed (except erdogan) but he does the majority of the work and takes one patient a day. Do your research on Demirsoy and the patient results, no comparison.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
As the old saying goes, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

I've read numerous cases on the internet of people getting screwed over with Turkish clinics, but this can be said for other clinics as well.

It's cheaper for a reason though, and not only due to cost of living and the exchange rate. What if you have complications? Are you willing to get into a legal dispute with a clinic in a foreign country with a highly questionable legal system? Do you think these doctors truly care about your well-being as a patient, or just see you as a walking money dispenser for their clinic?

The way I see it, everything in life is a risk. You pay less for a little bit more risk. The thing is though, there are no do-overs with this type of stuff. Once grafts are gone, they're gone. A poorly done job and your looks are even more impaired than they were pre surgery, and the resources needed to repair them are even further depleted.

I personally would avoid Turkey and save money for more established Western clinics, and only the thoroughly vetted ones that are considered elite.

daleyw84

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying, it's the hardest thing I've ever had to research. I would imagine the majority of people, myself included would have surgery, post no pics online and do no write ups or reviews provided it all went well or okay.

Clinmedica continue to pester me, struck them off a while ago as they're pushy, and I think very tech lead.

I would only have the Dr Acar package if I went with Cosmedica... but even still he only opens the channels. I understand this is an important part of the procedure, but so is the extraction.

One thing with these packages is all the thrown in gimmicks, and marketing strategies. How much of this is actually beneficial, and how much is purely marketing. I've read so much contradicting information on PRP, blade types, aftercare etc etc.

I ruled our Acar, my experience with the GMH, the UK consultant of the clinic, put me off. I too agree, this has been difficult to research...it's a minefield!

Have you considered Dr Resul Yaman? My research has been positive and Fikret the contact for the clinic has been great! Good reviews and pics/YouTube videos show great results too. Dr Yaman also seems to be current, he as associate with IAHRS and has a patent for his own adapted implanter.

fairhurst

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello all.. my first post here..ive read a fair bit now on here..a minefield indeed... Sijac09 good luck with desimroy hes on my list.