Any Essential Oil Blends That Work?

Long John Silver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried any essential oil blends that work bro? Maybe something with Lavender, Rosemary, Peppermint, Lemongrass and Cedarwood?

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can help with Seborrheic Dermatitis if you have that. I have it and when I use some oils it helps for a day or two. Feels like it adjusts the sebum levels which are completely outta wack for me.
I was using a hair powder texturizer for over 2 years that completely destroyed my scalp just because it made my hair look decent.

If you have dandruff or SD then it can possibly help with that, but increasing growth I kinda doubt it does anything for, same with thickening. But it can’t hurt to try. Don’t let others on forums/Reddit turn you off of the idea if you think it might help a bit. I always believe the natural approach is better than no approach at all. Just my two cents.

Long John Silver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It can help with Seborrheic Dermatitis if you have that. I have it and when I use some oils it helps for a day or two. Feels like it adjusts the sebum levels which are completely outta wack for me.
I was using a hair powder texturizer for over 2 years that completely destroyed my scalp just because it made my hair look decent.

If you have dandruff or SD then it can possibly help with that, but increasing growth I kinda doubt it does anything for, same with thickening. But it can’t hurt to try. Don’t let others on forums/Reddit turn you off of the idea if you think it might help a bit. I always believe the natural approach is better than no approach at all. Just my two cents.

What do you think about Ginger bro? Seems like a lot of natural products have it but the study showed gingerol was inhibiting growth.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can try all essential oils you want for male pattern baldness, it won't have any effects.
About male pattern baldness/Androgenetic Alopecia, just repeat after me : "Natural is sh*t".

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using rosemary + lavender + cedarwood mixed with aloe vera gel. I may have seen very few new hairs but not 100pc sure whether they are really new or if they came from a few microneedling sessions I did last winter. Hairloss has not progressed while using this mix, but most likely it just independently entered a pausing phase.

However, the mix makes my hair look healthy and volumised, and helps with acne and dandruff

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve used pine, peppermint, rosemary, castor oil, crude, Jamaican black castor, argan, jojoba, lavender,olive,coconut, etc.
Lavender at least smells good.
None of them regrow hair significantly because don’t address cause of male pattern baldness

Broran

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally mix lavender and coconut oil...it's moisturizing and refreshing..

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Have you tried any essential oil blends that work bro? Maybe something with Lavender, Rosemary, Peppermint, Lemongrass and Cedarwood?
Bro, why don't you try the Ordinary Hair Density Serum if you want to go natural. For you, we can rename it the Bro Grow Hair Serum. Bro, you like eating Fish and Chips at Long John Silvers? Bro, I want a T-shirt that says "Bro". If you ever come out with a clothing line named "Bro", I would definitely be interested in investing, Bro, Just DM and let me know.

Long John Silver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using rosemary + lavender + cedarwood mixed with aloe vera gel. I may have seen very few new hairs but not 100pc sure whether they are really new or if they came from a few microneedling sessions I did last winter. Hairloss has not progressed while using this mix, but most likely it just independently entered a pausing phase.

However, the mix makes my hair look healthy and volumised, and helps with acne and dandruff

Bro what is your ingredients and how does it feel so far?

Long John Silver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, why don't you try the Ordinary Hair Density Serum if you want to go natural. For you, we can rename it the Bro Grow Hair Serum. Bro, you like eating Fish and Chips at Long John Silvers? Bro, I want a T-shirt that says "Bro". If you ever come out with a clothing line named "Bro", I would definitely be interested in investing, Bro, Just DM and let me know.

Where do they sell that hair density serum bro?

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I have been trying out your recommendation to use this product from The Ordinary. Do you use an 1ml dropper to put 1ml on the entire scalp each time? How many times a week? The label instruction on the bottle does not explicitly specify the dosage. So far have not noticed any thickening but may be too early to tell for me. At a minimum, the product does not immediately dry out the hair shaft (unlike Nizoral which I dreaded in using).

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi, I have been trying out your recommendation to use this product from The Ordinary. Do you use an 1ml dropper to put 1ml on the entire scalp each time? How many times a week? The label instruction on the bottle does not explicitly specify the dosage. So far have not noticed any thickening but may be too early to tell for me. At a minimum, the product does not immediately dry out the hair shaft (unlike Nizoral which I dreaded in using).
Yes, I use 1 ml all over scalp daily.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you checked the Alternative Treatments section? There’s a lot of different discussions there about that sort of stuff. You might want to check it out.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, essential oil and natural are sh*t and useless for male pattern baldness.