Any Dutasteride Maintenance Or Success Stories Out There?

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on dutastrrife for around 3 months now. Just need a little inspiration to hopefully get me through it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

el_duterino

Reaction score
I did maitain on dutasteride for 4 years before

But I had low libido and brain fog

Did not know better back then

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on dutasteride a year or so and it wasn't any better than propecia (but I had brainfog and libido loss on dutasteride).

I'm again on propecia with pretty much no sides and maintaining the hair I have.

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on dutasteride a year or so and it wasn't any better than propecia (but I had brainfog and libido loss on dutasteride).

I'm again on propecia with pretty much no sides and maintaining the hair I have.
How long were you in propecia bf you swapped to dutasteride and why did you switch?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a ton of shedding around the sides and the hairline when I was first on dutasteride. Then I got on RU and my loss stabilized for a long time.

Unfortunately, the sides from dutasteride became too much and I have some real big concerns about long term usage (i.e. brain, liver, prostate, etc)

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
With Duasteride it is probably important to supplement its use with a low dose AI and possibly other things. The problem is that it more strongly inhibits 5AR2 than Finasteride and it also inhibits 5AR1 which is in the brain and liver and such. We know the safety profile for Finasteride for hair loss but not for Duastride long term.