image.axd

maybes sticking twos sames species

this betters

Bekim :)

Jacob

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Its called Cambrian Variety Chunks Working Dog Food 15kg

On further examination it's got lots of e numbers so I won't be buying it again.

Any recomendations?

Any of these available in your area?

Nature's Variety
Evo
California Natural (and other Nutura pet foods)
Innova
Healthwise
Verus
Holistic Select
Merrick
Before Grain
Whole Earth's Farms
Nature's Logic (no synthetic vitamins/minerals)
Nutro Ultra
Wysong

oni

Reaction score
Cassin said:
I have tries a few of those above...

One warning...they will make your dog fart and poo like never before. :shock:

Don't tell CCS..................................... :whistle:

Jacob

Reaction score
We were switching to various foods until I came across Wysong...and ours was having some problems with some of those foods. So it can happen even if you do add things slowly. Ours was quite young when we were doing this so maybe those foods would be fine now :dunno: Visiting forums of whatever breed you have...you may see similar experiences with certain food.

I'm not a huge fan of some of those in the list..but they're better than the usual crap you can pick up at the grocery store, and even the big chain pet stores.

Jacob

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
In the interim I bought first class premium quality pet food!

http://www.justforpets.uk.com/misc/firstClass.php

It apparantly has no addatives or unnatural preservatives.

What do you reckon. It's pricey, but the dog makes me laugh, you know! :)

Doesn't look too bad. The lamb and rice one has better protein sources..not as much corn(maize). I think a product should at least have some other meat in it besides a meat "meal". Priobitics..etc..would be nice as well.

I don't see anything on the website that talks about how they process things, etc. So my guess is a lot of heat is used.

Jacob

Reaction score
I would look for something that has at least the first ingredient being real meat(meat meal would be the second choice)..or at least rotate such a product with this one. It does have some other good ingreds though .

HughJass

Reaction score
we took our dog off all the tinned stuff and packaged dry food. Way too much crap in them: vegetable oil, the 4 'glue foods' (gluten grains, soy, casein, corn) sugar and other whole grains.

Now he just gets freshly cooked mince and a bit of white rice twice a day with some pure beef dried liver for treats. He already had oesteoarthritis but I think changing his diet has made a difference. He lost a bit of weight and seemed a bit happier.

Pre packaged dog food is mostly pretty bad stuff. Very hard to find some that isn't junk, at least where I live.

Jacob

Reaction score
Aussie..we've been over that. Wysong even makes a new starch free one. Some good brands out there. At least around here :)

Monty..maybe something other than ham lol...

Jacob

Reaction score
Nooooo..I'm not Jewish.

Ham is a bit salty :woot: ... and you don't see many pet foods out there at all with pork products in them. For that reason..fat content...a certain disease/worm that isn't really the problem but ya never know...etc.