Antidepressants And Hair Loss Seven Words

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was just prescribed lexapro and klonopin for depression and anxiety lolol. I don’t think klonopin has much of an effect on hair loss. But what about lexapro? I’m already shedding like crazy, I don’t want to make it worse.

Anyone on lexapro? Does finasteride counteract the hair loss?

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read my topic about the pituitary and depression. Have your hormones checked before starting your medication. If I’m correct about this and if you are indeed low and should the antidepressants improve the condition, it may have beneficial results to your hair loss.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Depends how bad your anxiety / depression is. For me I can manage with out them even though I was recommended to get on anxiety meds. If it’s only mild it’s not worth the risk imo

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends how bad your anxiety / depression is. For me I can manage with out them even though I was recommended to get on anxiety meds. If it’s only mild it’s not worth the risk imo
Mines pretty bad. I’m curious if anyone here has had an effect on their hair taking these drugs. If my hair loss was stress related (which I believe is a major factor) I feel that it may honestly help.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on various anti-depressants and anti-pscyhotics for years. None of them really made a difference to my hair. I also take diazepam, again no changes in my hair.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on various anti-depressants and anti-pscyhotics for years. None of them really made a difference to my hair. I also take diazepam, again no changes in my hair.
Any SSRIs?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I currently take Mirtazapine, Diazepam and Acamprosate. Can't say its affected my hairs, but I've been shedding like crazy for 8 months so who knows really..

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I currently take Mirtazapine, Diazepam and Acamprosate. Can't say its affected my hairs, but I've been shedding like crazy for 8 months so who knows really..
Do they help?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do they help?
The Mirtazapine helps keep my mood 'stable' and somewhat helps with my insomnia, but I still wake up every hour or two. The diazepam makes social interactions bearable but i still want to get out of there ASAP. The Acamprosate is used to help stop me drinking, its effects are marginal and could just be placebo.. Im still a borderline alcoholic.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Mirtazapine helps keep my mood 'stable' and somewhat helps with my insomnia, but I still wake up every hour or two. The diazepam makes social interactions bearable but i still want to get out of there ASAP. The Acamprosate is used to help stop me drinking, its effects are marginal and could just be placebo.. Im still a borderline alcoholic.
Psh you told me how much you drink. Those are rookie numbers Andy ;). In all seriousness good on you for trying to fix the problem, I REALLY have to do the same.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Psh you told me how much you drink. Those are rookie numbers Andy ;). In all seriousness good on you for trying to fix the problem, I REALLY have to do the same.
That's after I cut down, it used to be a huge problem for me. If you're in the UK the NHS has great services and support they can offer you.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's after I cut down, it used to be a huge problem for me. If you're in the UK the NHS has great services and support they can offer you.
I’m in the US. I don’t feel like going through the Alcoholics Anonymous program they have here.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Um no he should much more concerned with taking a benzo like klonipin long term. Personally I would never touch the stuff
You must have never been in the mental state that I’m in. Thanks for looking out though man, I plan on getting off when I sort some sh*t out.

ashleysummer

Reaction score
I believe antidepressants can cause hair loss but to my knowledge they do not in most people. They work well for some and not for others. I tried 2 different kinds of antidepressants from Canadian Pharmacy Online and they didn't cause any hair loss.