ANR-001: Latanoprost (and possibly others) commercialized topical

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A company by the name of Aneira Pharma is trying to "create the future of hair growth" by commercializing what appears to be a topical combination of a PGE2 analogue + minoxidil.
Here's the patent filing: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20210038600A1/
I only skimmed through it but they also mention bimatoprost, travoprost, tafluprost and possibly others. The patent covers dosages up to 25%.
The pictures look decent but I don't know what dosages they used. It could just be the minoxidil that had these results.

While the patent was publicized 2 months ago, Aneira recently received $25m from Valkyrie Group to begin trials.
Whether this makes it to market or not, we'll get useful information from latanoprost in a clinical setting with different dosages.
If all goes well this should come out relatively fast, as latanoprost is already available and the company only has this one product in the pipeline.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so it gonna destroys skin even more + possibly cause fat atrophy due to the high dosage of pge2/fa analogues ... yet they claim it's side effect free.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, things like BAY, KY and surrozen's r-spondin analogue are going to push forward, and they say that a simple combination of Min + PGE2 analogue is the future of hair growth.
I bet even SM will do better.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol, things like BAY, KY and surrozen's r-spondin analogue are going to push forward, and they say that a simple combination of Min + PGE2 analogue is the future of hair growth.
I bet even SM will do better.
haha, don't be so sure....because even in 2021...Nothing beat minoxidil....

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
haha, don't be so sure....because even in 2021...Nothing beat minoxidil....
Nothing available*. Now, if you're not afraid by it, you can cure your hairloss by going through grey market. Concerning myself, I'm waiting my SMI.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Probably"...."100x"....so n00b...
In fairness if you're a minoxidil non-responder RU probably is 100x more effective than topical minoxidil. Of course topical minoxidil is better for responders.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil, Latanoprost and Cyclosporine. IDK, its a good combination of growth stims

It would be interesting to use this stuff with needling.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil does nothing to stop hairloss

oral, topical finasteride & duta, cb, ru - all are at least 10 (and more likely 100) times better than minoxidil
Nothing related to "better". Minoxidil is great for growth factors. it's really important,a lot of people has way more regrowth with minoxidil than with finasteride for example. Minoxidil is great for regrowth.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once again i ve been using latanoprost since 3 months after 2 years of minoxidil and my conclusion is that latanoprost + minoxidil > Minoxidil
But yeah, you can all bet SM will do better or wait for a new things, or you can convince yourself that minoxidil sucks lol

By the way people who use this + mesotherapy with acid hyaluronic have been maintaining for +10 years without finasteride. But keep stuffing yourself with anti androgen. Big pharmas have stuck this idea in your head that you need anti androgen to stop hairloss, but big news it's fake, you have no critical minds and a long road ahead of you.

1780po

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once again i ve been using latanoprost since 3 months after 2 years of minoxidil and my conclusion is that latanoprost + minoxidil > Minoxidil
But yeah, you can all bet SM will do better or wait for a new things, or you can convince yourself that minoxidil sucks lol

By the way people who use this + mesotherapy with acid hyaluronic have been maintaining for +10 years without finasteride. But keep stuffing yourself with anti androgen. Big pharmas have stuck this idea in your head that you need anti androgen to stop hairloss, but big news it's fake, you have no critical minds and a long road ahead of you.
I mean, good for you if it's working, that's the goal. But, we're all in the same boat at varying degrees of depth (baldness) so to speak, so why do you feel the need to bash others for choosing to use what is not only the most studied drug with a great long term safety profile for male pattern baldness, but also the only approved drug with large amounts of data that we actually know for sure works to tackle the root of the issue?

You talk about 'big pharma' as if you have some sort of insider information that none of the rest of us plebeians have been able to work out, because you are so clearly much smarter than the rest of us, right? The funny thing is that your comment shows anyone with half a brain who is actually capable of critical thinking that the opposite is quite clearly true. You can barely string a coherent sentence together in English and you're regurgitating the same old played out cliches of 'big pharma' conspiracies. You sound dumb.

Yes, big pharma is so concerned with a drug that is and has been available generically for a long time as the patent expired long ago, one that a years supply can easily be bought for 50 dollars or so. These random Indian pharmaceutical companies that now manufacture most of the finasteride the world consumes have tricked us all, well, all of us apart from you of course.

It's frightening how some people really think they are so much smarter than everyone else when the opposite couldn't be more true.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

what produc are you using when doing mesotherapy? thanks

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, good for you if it's working, that's the goal. But, we're all in the same boat at varying degrees of depth (baldness) so to speak, so why do you feel the need to bash others for choosing to use what is not only the most studied drug with a great long term safety profile for male pattern baldness, but also the only approved drug with large amounts of data that we actually know for sure works to tackle the root of the issue?

You talk about 'big pharma' as if you have some sort of insider information that none of the rest of us plebeians have been able to work out, because you are so clearly much smarter than the rest of us, right? The funny thing is that your comment shows anyone with half a brain who is actually capable of critical thinking that the opposite is quite clearly true. You can barely string a coherent sentence together in English and you're regurgitating the same old played out cliches of 'big pharma' conspiracies. You sound dumb.

Yes, big pharma is so concerned with a drug that is and has been available generically for a long time as the patent expired long ago, one that a years supply can easily be bought for 50 dollars or so. These random Indian pharmaceutical companies that now manufacture most of the finasteride the world consumes have tricked us all, well, all of us apart from you of course.

It's frightening how some people really think they are so much smarter than everyone else when the opposite couldn't be more true.

Yo. After trying to explain those things to people on this forum, i quited being sympathetic. Bashing people seems to be the way to convince them here. Plus you are doing what you are reproaching me. You can't criticize what i write without writing the same agressive things. "It's frightening how people really think they are so much smarter than everyone else when the opposite couldn't be more true" . Insulting me back because you just lack of arguments, you can't stop either the spiral of insults and bad manners, you are contributing to it to the same degree as i am, and calling me pathetic for this. Well you are even more pathetic then. Is that english enough for you ?

What does my english level has to do with anything ? I didn't know it was related to being more critical, it's amazing.
Finasteride is one of the most studied drug ? yes but half of the studies point a finger at the treatment. The experiences of many users do the same. So there are many uncertainties about its safety profile.

Finasteride is one of the most controversial drug, yet you are defending it like it's jesus : you probably didn't read half of the studies on the subject, and what's worse is that you think it tackle the roots of the issue when we actually do not know the roots of the issue. The whole DHT theory attacking follicules is a theory, we do not know how DHT is exactly related to this, it's is just an uncompleted hypothesis for a multi-factors "disease".
And you are probably explaining to people that minoxidil doesn't tackle the root of the issue because it's doesn't suppress DHT, when we don't even know how minoxidil works exactly on hairloss, we just know it is a vasodilatator and we NOTICED that it was correlated to regrowing hairs but again, it's an unproven hypothesis.

Every conclusion we drew from those 2 drugs are based on observation, those drugs where used for different issues than hairloss, and the exact mechanisms on how it helps people about their hairloss, are not demonstrated.

So you are repeating what you read everywhere like a parrot without questionning it, and when i bring to the table the experience of people that uses treatments that contradict everything that you read, you criticize the form and the messenger instead of the message.
Truth is im bashing people to schock them, and that's why i didn't quote or named anyone, and you re bashing me because i hurt you in your pride. I didn't say i have some inside infos on big pharmas, i said it's unbelievable that you follow their rules and that you can't stick out the head of the sand for one minute and inform yourself about other ways than finasteride in 2021. Then you answered your pseudo praised bullshits on the meds that everyone knows about to defend your point of view, and then criticized my english and insulted me. You re not more than an uneducated ostrich and what's worse is that you lack a proper education mechanism, i don't even need to bash you since you are already making people uncomfortable with your fanatism.

Please read several times a post if you have to, i know my english is not good but that's not the reason why you didn't understand what you read, and i suggest you that you don't try to tackle the root of this issue the way you did it for your hairloss, because the whole process of tackling issues seems defective in your ostrich brain.

Regards.

Last edited:

1780po

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, your English is actually quite good, so no need to put yourself down there - I actually didn't realise it wasn't your first language. So in all fairness, I'd have to apologise for that one, my bad for the judgement on that you are correct.

Secondly, I wasn't insulting you or pursuing some sort of ad hominem attack on you - I was merely basing my assessment on the fact that you act as though you have evidence to contradict the data of highly regulated clinical studies, which you are doing. I think it's fair to call someone out for looking down upon others for following a scientific consensus over anecdotal accounts or unverified theories.

Also, I have looked into all of the studies for finasteride/dutasteride relating to BPH and hairloss, which collectively involve tens of thousands of individuals, and it is a safe drug. Do sides exist? sure. But in a low percentage of users. Most studies find that sexual side effects are really not all that different to the placebo control groups - it's only on online forums which inherently are echo chambers full of confirmation bias that you're suddenly doomed to have your dick fall off if you use the stuff, it's become a joke. It's really only a controversial drug on these sites, within the medical community, it really isn't controversial at all. Thats the problem, you're not basing your claims in reality.

What? DHT attacking follicles is a theory? So is gravity, what's your point? You're now trying to say that androgens (mainly but not just DHT) aren't responsible for Androgenetic Alopecia? Of course Androgenetic Alopecia is a 'multi factored' disease', you're not wrong there, but it doesn't matter as it is completely dependent upon androgen activity. Yes, there are a cascade of downstream effects that DHT CAUSES that we are not fully aware of or how they work exactly, but we know that androgen sensitivity is what causes them. Androgens cause gene expression in the hair follicle that leads to this cascade of events, so it really is a moot point at the end of the day either way as they need DHT/androgens to happen.

I don't really care for the anecdotal evidence of people who frequent sites like these, it's highly unreliable and means nothing to me. I go by controlled studies thanks, and I will continue to do so, not just for finasteride, but for any pharmaceutical drug. I'm not scared of 'big pharma' and I don't believe in the conspiracy theories around it. Yes, that's right, I'm a parrot or a sheep regurgitating data from official controlled scientific studies, if that's what that makes me to use real evidence and data, then sure, I am.

The rest of your argument, no idea what you're even talking about with the whole uneducated ostrich spiel, strange couple of sentences that I'll just ignore. you also didn't hurt my pride and I'm all for people finding alternative treatments - as useful as I think finasteride is for us, I also would like something improved for us to use, something more effective that has no systemic activity, I'm not a finasteride fanboy, just someone who see's it for what it is: a safe drug that can have side effects in some like any other. The best we have for now (that is an officially approved drug with real data at least).

to be honest, you have no substance to your argument. You make lots of claims and cannot provide any real data or evidence apart from anecdotes of depressed users of online hairloss forums who do not represent the general population. I wish you luck anyway, and hopefully a long lasting head of hair, regardless of what you believe.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's crazy how even a latanoprost thread of all things can turn into another finasteride b**ch fight.