Another Study Showing The Role Of Immune System In Hairlos

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PqlrfPY.png

It all makes sense once testosterone gets converted to DHT by 5-alpha reductase and hits the AR receptor it causes PGD2 to be produced via PGD2 synthase, and once PGD2 hits the CTHR2 receptor (PGD2 receptor) it causes inflammation via cytokines and Dkk1 (ie. itchy scalp) that causes the immune system to slowly kills the hair follicle.

I think blocking the CTHR2 receptor (i.e Setipirant, Fevipiprant) is the sweet spot along the chain in terms of avoiding side effects.

Trying to block anything before that, namely hormones will have the typical finasteride and dutasteride sides. Blocking PGD2 is also not a good idea in the case of TM00039 it causes sleep issues.

Anything down the chain after CTHR2 receptor is probably not a good idea either because you dont want to f*** around with the immune system.

Last edited:

Ashkan63

Reaction score
The good point is that there are lots of auto immune system diseases and so there are many researches going on them ,i think any of these could potentially lead to discovery of a new hairloss treatment,like fevipirant which is designed for asthma.but the bad point is that human knowledge about the immune system is very pimitive and the immune system is the most complex organ in the body so i think it will take time to understand the exact mechanism of prostaglandin and hormones and so on in the immune system

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 57655

It all makes sense once testosterone gets converted to DHT by 5-alpha reductase and hits the AR receptor it causes PGD2 to be produced via PGD2 synthase, and once PGD2 hits the CTHR2 receptor (PGD2 receptor) it causes inflammation via cytokines and Dkk1 (ie. itchy scalp) that causes the immune system to slowly kills the hair follicle.

I think blocking the CTHR2 receptor (i.e Setipirant, Fevipiprant) is the sweet spot along the chain in terms of avoiding side effects.

Trying to block anything before that, namely hormones will have the typical finasteride and dutasteride sides. Blocking PGD2 is also not a good idea in the case of TM00039 it causes sleep issues.

Anything down the chain after CTHR2 receptor is probably not a good idea either because you dont want to f*** around with the immune system.

Do you know of any natural CTHR2 receptor blockers?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any title with "cure for baldness" in it is bound to have "mice" in the story and these are the two trigger words/phrases.

This article delivers. Cure for baldness in the title, and now that we have your attention: "A series of mouse experiments".

Mice are clearly the master race of Earth.

abcdefg

Reaction score
You might be right, but if its true this would prevent male pattern baldness or regrow large amounts of hair? The problem still is we dont know if all men this is the pathway or it branches into more yet unknown pathways. It sounds great in theory though
Now just give us the physical compound that blocks CTHR2 receptors and we are set.

baldboys

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might be right, but if its true this would prevent male pattern baldness or regrow large amounts of hair? The problem still is we dont know if all men this is the pathway or it branches into more yet unknown pathways. It sounds great in theory though
Now just give us the physical compound that blocks CTHR2 receptors and we are set.

The immune system isnt a organ. The immune system is a SYSTEM. A system is a collection of organs that works towards a certain goal IE: The respiratory system, the IMMUNE SYSTEM. Got it?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell that to Allergan...that's what seti is for.
But you know, I asked one of the investigators of the seti trial "aren't there GPR44 receptors like...all throughout the body?"
Prostaglandins are found everywhere and they work in a Yin-Yang fashion, often performing opposing functions. Seems to me like tipping the balance systemically doesn't make sense. But the investigator wasn't much help...so I am still concerned about seti.

Everywhere you look, people say one of the main pros of seti is that sexual side effects are not expected (they didn't report sexual sides in earlier trials either).

But what I see is "Seti is not expected to give sexual sides." I'm still concerned, you know? What if it is out of the frying pan and into the fire?

hairlossyoung

My Regimen
Reaction score
But you know, I asked one of the investigators of the seti trial "aren't there GPR44 receptors like...all throughout the body?"
Prostaglandins are found everywhere and they work in a Yin-Yang fashion, often performing opposing functions. Seems to me like tipping the balance systemically doesn't make sense. But the investigator wasn't much help...so I am still concerned about seti.

Everywhere you look, people say one of the main pros of seti is that sexual side effects are not expected (they didn't report sexual sides in earlier trials either).

But what I see is "Seti is not expected to give sexual sides." I'm still concerned, you know? What if it is out of the frying pan and into the fire?
So far been on Seti for around a week and I haven't had any sexual sides so far. I wouldn't worry about it. Also I had horrible sides with Finasteride on a low dose so this is definitely reassuring

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Seti and Fevi dont block prostaglandins, thats a misconception, your thinking TM000039. Seti and Fevi complete with PGD2 for the CTHR2 receptor. They are CTHR2 antagonist.

Also from what we know so far CTHR2 is mainly associated with allergy and asthma.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So far been on Seti for around a week and I haven't had any sexual sides so far. I wouldn't worry about it. Also I had horrible sides with Finasteride on a low dose so this is definitely reassuring

I don't doubt that. My original point was that of course you don't expect SEXUAL side effects. That doesn't mean there might not be OTHER side effects. To clarify, I am not at all worried that there will be sexual side effects. I'm more worried about the fact that headaches were the most commonly reported adverse effects. Seti would be a drug that one would take for YEARS if it were approved for male pattern baldness. Now I'm not saying it won't be safe. It could be that it is "tolerable." But that's sort of the game we are playing with finasteride, right? Lower DHT everywhere, reap benefits on the hair, possible suffer elsewhere. That's why I am worried. But it all depends on the dosage, etc. and I realize it might be pretty safe.

Seti and Fevi dont block prostaglandins, thats a misconception, your thinking TM000039. Seti and Fevi complete with PGD2 for the CTHR2 receptor. They are CTHR2 antagonist.

Also from what we know so far CTHR2 is mainly associated with allergy and asthma.

Fair enough. I was sloppy in what I said, but I am aware of what seti does. PGD2 binds to DP1 and DP2 (a.k.a. CRTH2) receptors. Sure, you do not completely stop the entire action of PGD2 by blocking the prostaglandin itself, but the main point was that DP2 is not just found in hair, it's found in a bunch of other places also and it appears to regulate immune function, which we all know of course.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin_D2 According to that page, PDG2 levels are 10x elevated in asthma patients, so it might make sense to essentially turn down their signal on CRTH2 by blocking the receptor in order to lower the immune response. However, being a non-asthmatic, I just worry that in places other than my hair, PDG2 concentrations are correctly balanced and I am worried about f*****g with them. I guess to give it context, I was on my way to join the seti trial and they wanted to give me 2 g/day for like 8 months. When I asked why we want to antagonize DP2 receptors all over the body when it sounds like this treatment really should be a topical, the investigator didn't have a clue. That doesn't mean there isn't a reason, the reason may very well be that if you show safety systemically, of course you can always dial back to a topical product. I don't know. It could also be that there's no reason to be afraid. But I mean I just didn't feel reassured, sitting in the doctor's chair.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a question:

Why isnt there any relationship between asthma and male pattern baldness ?

If you have asthma or another allergy your have elevated pgd2 and this should speed up baldness no ?

they just dont reach the scalp ?

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a question:

Why isnt there any relationship between asthma and male pattern baldness ?

If you have asthma or another allergy your have elevated pgd2 and this should speed up baldness no ?

they just dont reach the scalp ?

Asthma: check
Allergies: check
Hairloss: check

pollutionbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn´t be suprised if this is a substantial reason for why younger people are starting to lose their hair.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Asthma: check
Allergies: check
Hairloss: check

Same here. Interestingly, while I was very sick as a child with asthma and allergies (the asthma attacks triggered by the allergies), I took injections for 10 years to desensitize me to the allergens, and since age 13 I haven't had any problems with allergies. However, I've often wondered if my hair loss is an immune response to allergens, and whether going back for further injections would be beneficial for the hair loss.