Another Piece By Lord Hair Ruined Within A Week. Wtf. W Pics.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've now ordered two systems from Lord - the stock S7 french lace each time - and I've loved everything about them initially.

The base seems high end and well supported, the hair is nice, and the cut I get it with is perfect for me.

That said, neither piece has lasted.

I took this piece off after 3 days of wear, removed the adhesive (easily) and went to washing.

Hair, like with my last Lord system, went through the holes in the lace from the top through the bottom. That's to say, I've a ton of hair sticking out of the scalp-side of the base. These hairs become all tangled and twisted, creating the lace to become mangled and unusable.

Second time this has happened upon washing a Lord system the first time after wear...

WTF IS GOING ON!

My first hair piece has had no such problems.

Attachments

• IMG_20190919_194559950.jpg
    IMG_20190919_194559950.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_20190919_194605534.jpg
    IMG_20190919_194605534.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 476

Noah

Reaction score
Good Lord, that is unbelievable. I have never seen anything remotely resembling that. Hair coming through to the underside of the base is normal to a limited extent with lace, and is usually caused by pulling the piece off before properly breaking the adhesive bond on the tape or glue, or by rinsing the piece the wrong way (the water should always be made to run through the scalp side of the base first). If hair does come through the base there is nothing you can do but cut it off.

But I can’t see how washed-through hairs could have caused this, no matter how many there are. The scrunching-up of the lace seems to suggest that either some of the threads in the base have been pulled, producing an effect like a drawstring on a purse, or else the base itself has shrunk in the wash, with some bits shrinking more than others. If you are confident that you have not done anything oddball to the piece, I think you should return it to Lordhair and see what they make of it.

Noah

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll probably be ordering a lace piece from LH sooner than I expected as after my last wash/condition two days ago my system has shed a significant amount of hair at the top. Strangely enough the perimeter and hairline where the hair gets the most action are hardly shedding at all. I ordered knot sealer today to squeeze as much juice out of the system as possible, but I'm not too optimistic at this point.

I sent LH a message today to send me a blank template for haircut lengths. I'll see if/when they reply.

If I end up getting one I'll share my experience here. As far as I know @Hair Newbie uses LH and is satisfied with the quality and service and hasn't had problems similar to yours.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll probably be ordering a lace piece from LH sooner than I expected as after my last wash/condition two days ago my system has shed a significant amount of hair at the top. Strangely enough the perimeter and hairline where the hair gets the most action are hardly shedding at all. I ordered knot sealer today to squeeze as much juice out of the system as possible, but I'm not too optimistic at this point.

I sent LH a message today to send me a blank template for haircut lengths. I'll see if/when they reply.

If I end up getting one I'll share my experience here. As far as I know @Hair Newbie uses LH and is satisfied with the quality and service and hasn't had problems similar to yours.

I would NOT waste your money on knot sealer. If a system is incorrectly knotted, nothing will keep it from shedding. And if anything, in my experience, the knot sealer could potentially affect the bond.

his is one of the downfalls with LH, their quality is quite inconsistent. The S7 is a VERY popular product for them, I know many many people who use it and have done at least one cut-in with one. I would say, at this point, 0% of the folks I know with their systems have issues that require the unit to be discarded.

Understand that they are a SUPER high-volume business, supplying salons and direct customers all over the globe. Since they have yet to find a replacement for human hands to do knotting, this is where the system bogs down. It is cheaper for them, to replace a bad system, then it is for them to make a higher quality system.

Cheaper is NOT always better, and as soon as you toss into the bin one bad system, you are now at the same spent as if you had bought a higher-quality system.

PJH1967

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had this happen to 2 x hairpieces out of 3 that I purchased all at the same time. The lady who does my hairpieces sent the 2 fautlty ones back and advised them to be reapired. She confirmed it was how they were made and definately not anything I did. They were returned, repaired and it has not happened again.

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would NOT waste your money on knot sealer. If a system is incorrectly knotted, nothing will keep it from shedding. And if anything, in my experience, the knot sealer could potentially affect the bond.

Damn. Too late now as it's already on the way. Why would reputable companies like Walker produce/sell a product that is not only useless but potentially damaging?

And from what I've read on forums a lot of people use a knot sealer. Even Curtis from MHE strongly advises using a knot sealer (
).

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't believe it's happened twice now. Last two units from Lord.

My first hairpiece, not from Lord, has had no issues.

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you should stop ordering from lord if youre 100% sure its NOT your fault

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. Too late now as it's already on the way. Why would reputable companies like Walker produce/sell a product that is not only useless but potentially damaging?

And from what I've read on forums a lot of people use a knot sealer. Even Curtis from MHE strongly advises using a knot sealer (
).

1. Companies make useless products all the time, it's called profit. They have a number of products that I would say are if not useless, can be replaced by things you can buy cheaper, elsewhere. Prohair labs sell a number of products that I would not waste my money on, but I love some of their products, for sure. I never said it's damaging, but in MY experience if affected the bond.

2. Curtis may provide some useful information, but he is NOT the be-all and end-all of hair replacement.