Another Microneedling Study With Incredible Results

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/ced.13551

In this one they used fractional radiofrequency microneedling which is the same concept/procedure except the micro-wounds are created using heat energy to reach the dermis instead of physical needles.

This study is different in that the mens' scalps were divided in half, with one half receiving just minoxidil daily and the other half receiving the fractionated rf treatment and minoxidil.

results:

After 5 months of treatment, mean hair count increased from 44.12 ± 21.58 to 73.14 ± 25.45 on the combined‐therapy side and from 46.22 ± 18.77 to 63.21 ± 19.22 on the monotherapy side, while mean hair thickness increased from 53 ± 13 μm to 71 ± 15 μm and from 52 ± 16 μm to 66 ± 14 μm,

fractionated radiofrequency microneedling + minoxidil = superior hair density AND individual hair thickness

:eek:

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/ced.13551

In this one they used fractional radiofrequency microneedling which is the same concept/procedure except the micro-wounds are created using heat energy to reach the dermis instead of physical needles.

This study is different in that the mens' scalps were divided in half, with one half receiving just minoxidil daily and the other half receiving the fractionated rf treatment and minoxidil.

results:

fractionated radiofrequency microneedling + minoxidil = superior hair density AND individual hair thickness

:eek:

Ty <3

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The image with the reduced lighting is actually really good. Without comparing to the before photo, just the comparison between the halves of the same scalp is a good indicator of the efficacy of combination therapy (min + wounding)

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see any difference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190112-163918.jpg
    Screenshot_20190112-163918.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,320

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I regret to say but to my eyes the difference between Mono and Combined doesn’t look cosmetically different.

Maybe the wounding method isn’t as effective as actual needles? Or maybe the 10-20 terminal hair count increase isn’t cosmetically apparent..

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Comparison of short hair to longer growth creates a confusing illusion to me. My eye/brain just can't get a grip on it. Makes me want to tear my hair out.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Comparison of short hair to longer growth creates a confusing illusion to me. My eye/brain just can't get a grip on it. Makes me want to tear my hair out.
Yeah it’s kind of a poorly designed study.

Journal of Investigative Dermatology and Journal of The American academy of dermatology tend to publish good studies. I’d be very interested to read anything on needling if it’s published by them.

Having 3-4 studies supporting the benefit of needling is great, but hopefully we have more.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say, this study doesnt seem to be that significant.

Its designed to obfuscate shitty low level laser kind of therapies with the numbers of microneedling and minoxidil.

Comparing the results of the chinese or indian study with this one we can conclude "fraccional radiofrecuency" provides no f*****g difference at all.

Last edited:

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't say I'm impressed by them images.. mainly because they are using different lighting and the hair has grown.

Surely in this day and age they can use the same lighting and buzz cut to the same length. I think microneedling is a route worth going down, but surely they can take decent photos in repeatable conditions.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the pics are horrible. Taking the “after” pic with longer hair is something I expect from a scam website not a proper study... it’s very difficult to judge even if hair count is attached, because it makes me think it’s all rigged.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
If all this microneedling procedures are effective as evident by studies then is it a time we shall question the dht hypothesis? Because microneedling increases blood flow and minoxidil also do the same ,So if dht theory is true then we would expect hair fall not hair growth. More and more studies are pointing towards blood flow insufficiency to the balding scalp caused by probably "skull expansion and subcutaneous fat reduction.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If all this microneedling procedures are effective as evident by studies then is it a time we shall question the dht hypothesis? Because microneedling increases blood flow and minoxidil also do the same ,So if dht theory is true then we would expect hair fall not hair growth. More and more studies are pointing towards blood flow insufficiency to the balding scalp caused by probably "skull expansion and subcutaneous fat reduction.
Needling on its own doesn't do much at all. And minoxidil is not anywhere near the cure. There has to be more than that.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling on its own doesn't do much at all. And minoxidil is not anywhere near the cure. There has to be more than that.

Stop spreading made up bs please. There are studies that tested wounding alone and got results. There are some individuals in this forum that experienced quite good results with wounding alone.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You are doing a false opposition here. DHT its the main upstream signal triggering a cascade of molecular events that leads to increased inflammation, decreased blow flow, etc. Its not an hypothesis, its proven to be the main mediator of MPHL by thousands of studies.

Skin disruption techniques in the end are "cell repopulation" therapies and overexpressing certain signaling patways during its process enhace its hair regeneration effect. We can say with microneedling we're trying to reset the skin conditions prior to the state were androgens damaged hair stem cells.

Last edited: