Another Finasteride Success Story (and Some Reflection)

Al Sharpton

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on Finasteride 1.25 mg per day now for 4 months. Besides my hair thickening up I haven't noticed anything. My penis is as hard as ever, no difference in the c*m (my girlfriend agrees too...), same progress at the gym as before, my balls feel the same, I am as sharp as ever at work etc and this is since day one.

I know six people (one family member, two colleagues and three friends) who all are on either Propecia 1mg or 1.25 mg generic Finasteride (and have been on it between 15 years and a few months) and all have the same experience as I have. Zero sides. I actually never IN PERSON have met anyone with serious sides on FInasteride that I know are or have been taking it.

I think forums like this actually are partly to blame. Already depressed people (because of the hairloss) therefore having low sexdrive/libido issues or plenty of time to feel bad for themselves combined with horror stories from the few people that actually have sides and therefore stay around when their hair keeps falling off. The big majority on Finasteride never ends up on this forums or like me show up, get success and then leaves.

You see the same for other medical things too. Like borthcontroll pills for women, 99 % have zero issues while the other percent are all over the internet scaring girls and women away. Another personal example was when I needed to get circumcised in my early 20is. According to the internet I would pretty much not be able to enjoy sex anymore, I would get erection problems, there are forum dedicated to people who are going to sue the doctors that circumcised them etc. Scared the sh*t out of me so I lived with a non-functional penis for years. In reality very few people have actual issues.

Finasteride works for the big majority, take it, skip reading forums or googling about Finasteride, work out, make sure you get hard and ejaculate daily (if you are scared of EDs) and then get on with your life. You will become happier, more relaxed and keep your hair.

shookwun

Reaction score
most people initially get the odd ball ache, and watery semen, but it tends to subside rather quickly. Aside from that, you can expect to maintain your hair and get laid more due to the new renowned confidence you have acquired!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish I got your results lol. Some thickening would have been nice.

INT

Reaction score
There is this interesting thing that happens with the people that are succesful finasteride responders (getting all of the benefit but none of the cons).

They immediately start being skeptical of people that do get side effects. You bring up anecdotal evidence (which is no evidence at all) and generalize it to reality, which is wrong. If I would use your logic in another situation it would look like this:

I only know six people that smoke, they all lived longer 80 years, therefore smoking is not that bad.

It makes sense however. On the surface finasteride is a wonder pill for you. It improves your hair and thus, your attitude towards yourself. People do the craziest things to protect their own ego. No mentally healthy person wants to see themselves as someone that puts their health at risk for vanity. Instead of viewing it like this, the ego comes up with an alternative mechanism that is much easier to swalllow: finasteride is not dangerous! This might not be the reality but the ego does not care about reality, only about self-preservation.

I am one of the people that could not tolerate finasteride. I actually got fucked up very bad by it. However, I still acknowledge that it is the best defence against male pattern baldness and would probably recommend people that get very depressed by their hair loss to at least give it a shot, but by the first signs of side effects stop immediately. However, even if you do not experience sides, this does not mean you could not experience them long term. Having slightly weaker erections and watery sperm are just the things that are most on the surface. What finasteride can do on a neurological level is much creepier. Going off the forums and closing your eyes for that is is... Well putting your head in the sand...

Nevertheless, I am happy for you that finasteride seems to be working and good luck!

leidri

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you guys both have really interresting opinions :
Yes people on internet are scared of everything/paranoiac and if you listen to them taking a shower or drink water is dangerous (same with minoxidil) and what you read on the internet is 90% of people that have problem with the treatment or with their life (a doctor told me one time "people who have good experiences never post on forum cause they don't need")
Yes Finasterid can have bad side effects for some people and they have to stop if it the case
So if you really want you have to try by yourself and be smart to stop when it turns bad

Sorry for my english :D

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to know....started finasteride a few days ago, hopefully it'll work out

Reactions: Oro

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad for you that you received tremendous results from finasteride without any side effects.

Currently I'm 1 month on dutasteride without any side effects or shedding so far. My hair has slightly thickened and it feels much healthier.

Most ''finasteride/dutasteride horror stories'' are correlated to underlying health issues, nocebo effect or other factors, but there are also many people with (mild/serious) side effects and we can't ignore this. Everyone is different.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I prefer the logic that people with problems on finasteride are the ones who stick around and/or the ones that have a reason to complain/vent about it. I know a couple people on finasteride as well, the funny part is the only guys who know of the subreddit dedicated to hairloss and of HairLossTalk.com are the ones who got sides. The people who I know on finasteride who don't suffer sides have no clue about these platforms we use to discuss our issues with hairloss.

Aside from that, studies do show that finasteride is harmless to the majority of its users, I don't think OP was glorifying it I just think he was putting more credibility Based on the feedback of people he knows personally as oppose to some random fucks on an online forum.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is this interesting thing that happens with the people that are succesful finasteride responders (getting all of the benefit but none of the cons).

They immediately start being skeptical of people that do get side effects. You bring up anecdotal evidence (which is no evidence at all) and generalize it to reality, which is wrong. If I would use your logic in another situation it would look like this:

I only know six people that smoke, they all lived longer 80 years, therefore smoking is not that bad.

It makes sense however. On the surface finasteride is a wonder pill for you. It improves your hair and thus, your attitude towards yourself. People do the craziest things to protect their own ego. No mentally healthy person wants to see themselves as someone that puts their health at risk for vanity. Instead of viewing it like this, the ego comes up with an alternative mechanism that is much easier to swalllow: finasteride is not dangerous! This might not be the reality but the ego does not care about reality, only about self-preservation.

I am one of the people that could not tolerate finasteride. I actually got fucked up very bad by it. However, I still acknowledge that it is the best defence against male pattern baldness and would probably recommend people that get very depressed by their hair loss to at least give it a shot, but by the first signs of side effects stop immediately. However, even if you do not experience sides, this does not mean you could not experience them long term. Having slightly weaker erections and watery sperm are just the things that are most on the surface. What finasteride can do on a neurological level is much creepier. Going off the forums and closing your eyes for that is is... Well putting your head in the sand...

Nevertheless, I am happy for you that finasteride seems to be working and good luck!
How did it f*** you up?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I prefer the logic that people with problems on finasteride are the ones who stick around and/or the ones that have a reason to complain/vent about it. I know a couple people on finasteride as well, the funny part is the only guys who know of the subreddit dedicated to hairloss and of HairLossTalk.com are the ones who got sides. The people who I know on finasteride who don't suffer sides have no clue about these platforms we use to discuss our issues with hairloss.

Aside from that, studies do show that finasteride is harmless to the majority of its users, I don't think OP was glorifying it I just think he was putting more credibility Based on the feedback of people he knows personally as oppose to some random fucks on an online forum.

Since you are here,does that mean you had sides/problems?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah bro!!! My fucken hair is still falling and thinning out

But that's not a true side, right? Maybe the med is not working? Did you have any sides like ED, low libido, ball ache, brain fog etc.? How long have you been on Fina?

g.i joey

Reaction score
But that's not a true side, right? Maybe the med is not working? Did you have any sides like ED, low libido, ball ache, brain fog etc.? How long have you been on Fina?

I definitely feel more lethargic when I take finasteride. My libido is up and down... i still jerk it 1-3 Times a day lol and haven’t had any issues getting it up in bed since early 2016 (could’ve been performance anxiety as it only happened with 1 girl I was dating) umm aside from that nothing man.

I’ve gotten blood test results recently that shows my estradiol was within range, the only thing that my Doctor told me was a little off was that my prolactin was almost at the higher limit, I imagine this is directly due to finasteride.

I should also mention that I only take finasteride 1mg anywhere from 3-5x a week so those couple days off may be why I don’t seem to run into any debilitating side effects. I think at this dose it effectively halts hair loss and I’m very doubtful of regrowth but sometimes I take a week off here and there every couple of months and that may be setting me back

Hope that answered everything for you

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely feel more lethargic when I take finasteride. My libido is up and down... i still jerk it 1-3 Times a day lol and haven’t had any issues getting it up in bed since early 2016 (could’ve been performance anxiety as it only happened with 1 girl I was dating) umm aside from that nothing man.

I’ve gotten blood test results recently that shows my estradiol was within range, the only thing that my Doctor told me was a little off was that my prolactin was almost at the higher limit, I imagine this is directly due to finasteride.

I should also mention that I only take finasteride 1mg anywhere from 3-5x a week so those couple days off may be why I don’t seem to run into any debilitating side effects. I think at this dose it effectively halts hair loss and I’m very doubtful of regrowth but sometimes I take a week off here and there every couple of months and that may be setting me back

Hope that answered everything for you

Mainly yes, thanks. Would you recommend it, having all these in mind?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Mainly yes, thanks. Would you recommend it, having all these in mind?

You have to weigh the prod and cons, for
Me the only con is that I feel fucken lethargic The days I do take it, I still get my sh*t done I’m just generally a pretty hyper guy and this keeps me calmer lol.

So yes I’d definitely recommend it, if it wasn’t for finasteride I don’t think my outlook on life would be as positive lol

abcdefg

Reaction score
Right most people take it, and dont have any major problems. A minority does, but I certainly would not try to explain away problems the minority has. Im sure some of it is true. I mean its a hormone altering drug not candy its going to change things, and long term its hard to say what those might be

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right most people take it, and dont have any major problems. A minority does, but I certainly would not try to explain away problems the minority has. Im sure some of it is true. I mean its a hormone altering drug not candy its going to change things, and long term its hard to say what those might be

How about you? Are you taking? No sides? Thanks