Another Am I A Candidate Thread. Insight Appreciated For This Newb

Djshakes

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been emotionally dealing with my hair loss since 23. It has been very slow and I believe the progression has stopped. In fact, I shaved my head very close for about two years and finally let it grow back in. It looks the same as my wedding photos 10 years ago. I have never taken any meds nor do I want to. I read horror stories about finasteride (sexual side effects). I am 43 years old, happily married with young kids. The motivation for a transplant would be confidence. I have researched on and off over the past 20 years but always get discouraged by reading horror stories about med side effects, unethical doctors, the thought of traveling abroad, etc.

I may be ready to take the plunge. I live in San Diego but willing to travel domestically and possibly mexico (read good things about Nader in Mexico).

Attached are pictures. I am graying which I don't care about. Due to the graying it appears my sides are thinner than they are. I also shave it close. I cut it last night with a #2 guard around the sides and back. Pics are from today. I basically would like to do the front peaks and strengthen what is there. I do not want a straight across hair line. Basically fill in the peaks a bit and beef up the front tip.

Would I be a candidate for a FUE procedure? I would like to avoid meds as I have a very healthy sexual appetite and would hate to see it disappear.

Attachments

• thumbnail_11146.jpg
    thumbnail_11146.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 612
  • thumbnail_20180613_114431.jpg
    thumbnail_20180613_114431.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 494
  • thumbnail_20180613_114438.jpg
    thumbnail_20180613_114438.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 488
  • thumbnail_20180613_114501.jpg
    thumbnail_20180613_114501.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 470
  • thumbnail_20180613_114551.jpg
    thumbnail_20180613_114551.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

northpole1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you are good candidate for hair transplant,as you are 43 Years old and nw4,your hairloss is slow and You wont lose much hair in future,thats my opinion.

Djshakes

Reaction score
I have read good results from LA hair Clinic. A bit pricey ($6 per graft) but maybe worth it?

Last edited:

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, have you tried Finasteride and it affects you or you're just avoiding it because you are afraid it will affect you? I had the same fear until I realized many people that have benefits from it don't post as much as those who have have negative results. I am 40 years old I've been on it for a little over a year and it's been great. Not to be too open, but my dick is hard as a rock as it's ever been. I was even questioning whether or not I was getting the real thing or just a placebo.

Djshakes

Reaction score
Yeah, I just remembered forum boards where people talked about becoming sex less zombies which made them depressed to the point of suicide. I didn't want to risk it. I know it's tmi but I can jerk off three times a night. I didn't want to risk it. I know it would probably work bc I see tons of little hairs in my bald spots. Just can't risk it.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest Finasteride made me hornier than before, I wanted sex all the time! I think that about 95% of people don't have problems with it at all. I wasn't that lucky I had some terrible sides but non of them sexual mainly to do with lethargy and brain fog but like I said I am in the minority. Although your hair loss has slowed you still need to get it stabilised before having a transplant as your transplanted hair will remain after your balding hair has left so you may have to have further transplants down the line. To make a real cosmetic difference you would need around 2-3000 grafts not hairs (big difference). A good surgeon will be able to tell you how many are available to you however looking at the pictures you will be fine.

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know your body better than anyone else, but I have to say that I didn't feel any side effects. I wake up with a morning boner like I always have. You make the best decision for yourself. Just know though, if you have side effects, after your stop taking the medication.

Djshakes

Reaction score
You know your body better than anyone else, but I have to say that I didn't feel any side effects. I wake up with a morning boner like I always have. You make the best decision for yourself. Just know though, if you have side effects, after your stop taking the medication.
By your last sentence did you mean the sides go away after you stop taking the meds?

Djshakes

Reaction score
Well, I'm getting quotes from LA Hair Clinic and Beverly Hills Hair Group. Not sure who to choose? Both coming in around $16-21K for 3-3500 grafts. I'm definitely getting this done.

Cybersam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

Been emotionally dealing with my hair loss since 23. It has been very slow and I believe the progression has stopped. In fact, I shaved my head very close for about two years and finally let it grow back in. It looks the same as my wedding photos 10 years ago. I have never taken any meds nor do I want to. I read horror stories about finasteride (sexual side effects). I am 43 years old, happily married with young kids. The motivation for a transplant would be confidence. I have researched on and off over the past 20 years but always get discouraged by reading horror stories about med side effects, unethical doctors, the thought of traveling abroad, etc.

I may be ready to take the plunge. I live in San Diego but willing to travel domestically and possibly mexico (read good things about Nader in Mexico).

Attached are pictures. I am graying which I don't care about. Due to the graying it appears my sides are thinner than they are. I also shave it close. I cut it last night with a #2 guard around the sides and back. Pics are from today. I basically would like to do the front peaks and strengthen what is there. I do not want a straight across hair line. Basically fill in the peaks a bit and beef up the front tip.

Would I be a candidate for a FUE procedure? I would like to avoid meds as I have a very healthy sexual appetite and would hate to see it disappear.

I got my FUE done recently and so far results have been great. In terms the med affecting your libido, it has definitely not affected mine atleast so far. But again, it is best to hear from the doctors.
I have uploaded my pictures on my blog, but i am not sure if i am permitted to post it here.

bellatory.com/hair/My-Daily-Experience-post-FUE-Hair-Transplant

Djshakes

Reaction score
I got my FUE done recently and so far results have been great. In terms the med affecting your libido, it has definitely not affected mine atleast so far. But again, it is best to hear from the doctors.
I have uploaded my pictures on my blog, but i am not sure if i am permitted to post it here.

Thank you, I will be following your blog. Where did you have it done?

Cybersam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, I will be following your blog. Where did you have it done?
Thanks for your response, i got my FUE hair transplant done at India, Bangalore.
I have uploaded 2 pics, one was a day before surgery on August 9th 2017 and the other one was what i took today June 22nd 2018.
More pics on my blog.

Attachments

• beforesurgery2.jpg
    beforesurgery2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_20180622_121723.jpg
    IMG_20180622_121723.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 349

Djshakes

Reaction score
Wow cybersam. Great results. I hope mine comes out that good. My consult is Monday and I think first available surgery time is Sept. That makes me feel good that they are in demand. I will post pics of progress. I think I'm going with LA hair clinic.

Cybersam

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure it would, do keep us posted on the progress. All the best.

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Usually I would say go for it but If I were you I would wait to see what happens with PTD-DBM or perhaps brotzu if it ever comes out. But PTD-DBM could be huge and then a transplant would be a waste. Another few months couldn't hurt. People are doing a group buy for PTD-DBM right now so we will see there results in a probably like 5 or 6 weeks from now.

Djshakes

Reaction score
Usually I would say go for it but If I were you I would wait to see what happens with PTD-DBM or perhaps brotzu if it ever comes out. But PTD-DBM could be huge and then a transplant would be a waste. Another few months couldn't hurt. People are doing a group buy for PTD-DBM right now so we will see there results in a probably like 5 or 6 weeks from now.

Is there somewhere I can follow the progress of the group buy results?

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They did the group buy through regrowbros.com. The lab is currently making the peptide for them. So if you want you can make an account on regrowbros because they will probably post on there but I'm sure they will start making a thread here on HairLossTalk.com once they get it in. And if it works like it's supposed to it will probably start blowing up everywhere. Also the guy who discovered it our lord and savior Dr. Choi from South Korea is supposed to do a presentation in August about it, I'm sure he's testing it out right now too.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

I am here for 4 years and nothing changed, the cure is always just arround the corner.
Man these mice must sport some serious afros after all these years of curing their non-existent hairloss.