Androgenetic Alopecia At 18 - Just Started A Regimen

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey thank you for the response!!
have you got any recommendations? As I mentioned I only use finasteride, minoxidil and regenepure. Not sure if I should implement dermarolling again (my results kinda plateud after stopping it but idk if that’s a causation or a correlation).
Not sure who this Bridgeburn is! Who is he?
Bridgeburn is a weird person, I don´t know how to describe him lol. "Hair=Life" is his slogan, and I totally admire that haha.

Cez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridgeburn is a weird person, I don´t know how to describe him lol. "Hair=Life" is his slogan, and I totally admire that haha.
Interesting!
I am still not sure who he is haha interesting slogan.

What do you think of dermarolling? Do you think that is helpful at all? And I kind of want to have a hair transplant at some point, do you think I could still get a hair transplant if I dermaroll what would be the receiving areas?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting!

What do you think of dermarolling? Do you think that is helpful at all? And I kind of want to have a hair transplant at some point, do you think I could still get a hair transplant if I dermaroll what would be the receiving areas?

-
He nuked his androgens and blasted estrogens and other growth stimulants and grew most to all of his hair back. He gave sh*t about the other effects, he just wanted hair, and got it. Tho we have to consider that he went far away from "ok-ish" look. He needed such a regimen.

What do you think of dermarolling?

- I am definitely not very well informed about micro-needling, but I wouldn't recommend using a roller, better use a pen/stamp like the derminator. Imagine what you do to your skin when you roll 2,5mm needles on it, you literally rip off all the surface, meanwhile a stamp or a pen just needles the needles into the skin without damagin most of the surfacw lol.
Hope you get what I mean!?

You certainly can't do anything wrong with it. The efficacy of Minoxidil improves when using dermarolling/needling in conjunction with it, probably because of the increased growth factors and sulfurtransferases in the tissue.

And I kind of want to have a hair transplant at some point, do you think I could still get a hair transplant if I dermaroll what would be the receiving areas?

- And again, I am not very well acknowledged about transplants, however, I heard someone saying that micro-needling for many years can cause scarring tissue, which makes sense Imo, and would be a bit problematic for transplants, as on scarred tissue follicles don't grow very well, and it looks kinda awful.

Reactions: Cez

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you!! I really appreciate your reply!
Do you think it looks better or the same as my last update?
Thank you!! I really appreciate your reply!
Do you think it looks better or the same as my last update?
You had also some progress since your last update!
If you compare your hair status at the start of finasteride with your status quo, there's a huge difference!
One day you will hit norwood 1 again,!

Cez

My Regimen
Reaction score
You had also some progress since your last update!
If you compare your hair status at the start of finasteride with your status quo, there's a huge difference!
One day you will hit norwood 1 again,!
Ah thank you!! I surely hope so! :)

Cez

My Regimen
Reaction score

-
He nuked his androgens and blasted estrogens and other growth stimulants and grew most to all of his hair back. He gave sh*t about the other effects, he just wanted hair, and got it. Tho we have to consider that he went far away from "ok-ish" look. He needed such a regimen.

What do you think of dermarolling?

- I am definitely not very well informed about micro-needling, but I wouldn't recommend using a roller, better use a pen/stamp like the derminator. Imagine what you do to your skin when you roll 2,5mm needles on it, you literally rip off all the surface, meanwhile a stamp or a pen just needles the needles into the skin without damagin most of the surfacw lol.
Hope you get what I mean!?

You certainly can't do anything wrong with it. The efficacy of Minoxidil improves when using dermarolling/needling in conjunction with it, probably because of the increased growth factors and sulfurtransferases in the tissue.

And I kind of want to have a hair transplant at some point, do you think I could still get a hair transplant if I dermaroll what would be the receiving areas?

- And again, I am not very well acknowledged about transplants, however, I heard someone saying that micro-needling for many years can cause scarring tissue, which makes sense Imo, and would be a bit problematic for transplants, as on scarred tissue follicles don't grow very well, and it looks kinda awful.
Thank you for taking the time to write such an insightful reply. I think I read his hormonal route thread a while ago. It worked really amazingly for him, however I am not sure if I would go as far as that.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to write such an insightful reply. I think I read his hormonal route thread a while ago. It worked really amazingly for him, however I am not sure if I would go as far as that.
Yes, it is not for everyone, I personally can't live with a higher Norwood than NW2 or being bald completely.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, it is a tough choice. How is your regimen going for you?
Only finasteride, will soon hop on an AA to stop it, and maaybe I will do a transplant in 7-10 years.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are still pretty young and have a good chance at more regrowth. I see some nice baby hairs along the hairline that could use more stimulation. I would pick up the needling again, add oral minoxidil, and see if they grow.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are still pretty young and have a good chance at more regrowth. I see some nice baby hairs along the hairline that could use more stimulation. I would pick up the needling again, add oral minoxidil, and see if they grow.
Agree! Thats why I as well said he could probably go back to Norwood.

Cez

My Regimen
Reaction score
So much potential for OP
Wow thank you so much guys!! You’re making me feel very hopeful lol
Do you have any tips on how to microneedle? I hear dermastamps/pens are better. My problem with microneedling is that I’ve been thinking about a transplant and I don’t want to scar my receiving area

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow thank you so much guys!! You’re making me feel very hopeful lol
Do you have any tips on how to microneedle? I hear dermastamps/pens are better. My problem with microneedling is that I’ve been thinking about a transplant and I don’t want to scar my receiving area
I just tried stamping the past few months

pros: wounds heal faster because needles go straight in and out

cons: takes a lot of stamps to cover an area which requires some awkward technique, more time consuming

I'm switching back to a dermaroller as it's more convenient.

Needle would probably be ideal, but too expensive for me

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And the general recommendation is once a week at 1.5-2.5mm.

Though, as SomebodyAlex has done, some people do a very light dermarolling once a day to improve minoxidil absorption.

Cez

My Regimen
Reaction score
And the general recommendation is once a week at 1.5-2.5mm.

Though, as SomebodyAlex has done, some people do a very light dermarolling once a day to improve minoxidil absorption.
Hey!
sorry for the super late reply, I saw the replies and forgot to reply!

have you switched to dermastamp then? I’m still on the fence on whether to add microneedling or not. I would but I really don’t want to botch my chances at getting a hair transplant and I’ve heard contrasting opinions on whether microneedling might lead to scarred tissue. What would you recommend?

what could I do to thicken up all the thin hair around my hairline?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey!
sorry for the super late reply, I saw the replies and forgot to reply!

have you switched to dermastamp then? I’m still on the fence on whether to add microneedling or not. I would but I really don’t want to botch my chances at getting a hair transplant and I’ve heard contrasting opinions on whether microneedling might lead to scarred tissue. What would you recommend?

what could I do to thicken up all the thin hair around my hairline?
When done conservatively, microneedling should actually prevent the scalp from calcifying and help new hair to grow. 1.5mm once a week or every two weeks is good. Try it for a couple months and see if it helps. Microneedling is ideal because you get a lot of small punctures and heals a lot faster. Dermastamp is a lot of work to get enough punctures so I'm not a big fan of it, although it heals fast too. Dermarolling causes bigger punctures so it doesn't heal as fast as the other two, but it is super convenient and if you aren't overdoing it then it works for most people.

In any case, those thin hairs likely need a growth stimulant like minoxidil to reach the next growth phase.

Cez

My Regimen
Reaction score
When done conservatively, microneedling should actually prevent the scalp from calcifying and help new hair to grow. 1.5mm once a week or every two weeks is good. Try it for a couple months and see if it helps. Microneedling is ideal because you get a lot of small punctures and heals a lot faster. Dermastamp is a lot of work to get enough punctures so I'm not a big fan of it, although it heals fast too. Dermarolling causes bigger punctures so it doesn't heal as fast as the other two, but it is super convenient and if you aren't overdoing it then it works for most people.

In any case, those thin hairs likely need a growth stimulant like minoxidil to reach the next growth phase.
Yup! I have been using minoxidil for the past 2 years.
I used a 1.5mm dermaroll until 9 months into my regimen journey - Although quite convenient, having longer hair I often got some hair stuck in the roll and it started to look a bit dull after 8 months of weekly use.
What do you think of dermapens? Also what do you mean by done conservatively? How do I know if I'm doing it conservatively? sorry for all the questions

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup! I have been using minoxidil for the past 2 years.
I used a 1.5mm dermaroll until 9 months into my regimen journey - Although quite convenient, having longer hair I often got some hair stuck in the roll and it started to look a bit dull after 8 months of weekly use.
What do you think of dermapens? Also what do you mean by done conservatively? How do I know if I'm doing it conservatively? sorry for all the questions

To avoid hair getting stuck in the roll, try using a roller with less # of needles in it.

Dermapens seem to be the best option, especially the high quality ones. I cannot speak from experience, but just from what I have seen. Too expensive for me. But if I had the cash, sure, why not.

Conservative = not bleeding too much. It's hard to describe, but you should definitely have some blood, just not to the point of dripping down IMO. I would say the right amount is something like perspiration or dew. "Speckled" might be a good term. This looks like the right amount of stimulation: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/is-dermarolling-this-bloody-warning-scary-pic.114758/