Androgen Blockers other than RU

Titanium

Reaction score
What are the next 3 best options for a topical Androgen blocker (not a DHT blocker) after RU?

Something with proven history of results to use with my 12.5% minoxidil solution?

Kero

Reaction score
Flutamide, spironolactone, Ketoconazole Cream. There ain't any other options.

grove12345

Reaction score
i would love to get on RU. But i havent heard any regrowth stories. Only stories of if they quit hair falls out.

Plus i dont even know how to order. Its an asian website somewhere and shipping is like $100. Sometimes it takes months to get your order.

If it was simplier i think i would get on RU

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
For simplicity, I'm combining responses to the other posters in this thread into one reply:

1) Azelaic acid isn't an "androgen blocker". Dr. Lee has claimed that it works as a topical 5a-reductase inhibitor (lowering the conversion of testosterone into DHT), but there isn't any scientific evidence that it works that way in vivo.

2) "RU" is the common abbreviation on hairloss sites for RU58841, an experimental drug developed in 1994 by a French company. It may be the most effective topical antiandrogen (androgen receptor blocker) ever developed. It's not normally obtainable, except through some rather dodgy Chinese companies. It's expensive, and difficult to obtain.

3) There is no scientific evidence I'm aware of (other than a small experiment by an Israeli scientist, which I don't fully trust) that topical flutamide has any antiandrogenic effect where locally applied. To be sure, experiments with laboratory animals (hamsters, rats, and mice) have shown a general (systemic) antiandrogenic effect, but that's because of systemic absorption of the drug. There doesn't seem to be any local effect just where it's physically applied.

Titanium

Reaction score
I'd use RU.. but Im so fkn confused on how to handle it. Mix it everyday? (what a b**ch).. Mix it every week?... Can I mix it with Minoxidil?

Also I just got a batch from Faith Eagle.. they made me wait 1.5 months for the next production! even though people recieved theirs PRIOR.. like WTF? and when it arrived.. its white with small rocky particles in it.. Contaminated?

Fkn Faith Eagle... anywhere else that ppl swear by I can buy this stuff?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
contaminated??? huh?

how about trying to dissolve the stuff first and see how you go before just looking at it and saying its contaminated.

Titanium

Reaction score
blaze said:
contaminated??? huh?

how about trying to dissolve the stuff first and see how you go before just looking at it and saying its contaminated.

Ive bought over 10 batches from Faith Eagle.. i know whats good and what isnt good.

And I tried dissolving it.. EXACTLY AS I EXPECTED.. half dissolved.. half sat at the bottom of the bottle refusing to break up just like the LAST contaminated batch.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
DHT is an androgen... what is the question? Something that blocks all androgens, not just DHT?

el_duterino

Reaction score
FE have a quality problem..I ordered many batches from them and some are more pure than others. There is a better supplier now, Kouting.
I use their powder and it work great, dissolves perfectly as it should.. alot better than FE.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Emperical said:
blaze said:
contaminated??? huh?

Ive bought over 10 batches from Faith Eagle.. i know whats good and what isnt good.

And I tried dissolving it.. EXACTLY AS I EXPECTED.. half dissolved.. half sat at the bottom of the bottle refusing to break up just like the LAST contaminated batch.

How did the batches that did dissolve work for you?

Titanium

Reaction score
blaze said:
Emperical said:
blaze said:
contaminated??? huh?

How did the batches that did dissolve work for you?

Blaze.. your either OWENSE himself, or affiliated.

No regrowth, but shedding reduced.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score

pfft...affiliate yourself with deez nutz you clown.

I am in no way, shape or form involved with FE. Get your facts straight before making accusations.

PUNK.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I take Androcur (Cyproterone acetate) which is about the strongest anti-androgen available though it is not approved in all countries.

Androcur is a very nasty drug and the side effects are not for the faint hearted; I believe it has been a very important part of my regimen however.

Titanium

Reaction score
blaze said:

pfft...affiliate yourself with deez nutz you clown.

I am in no way, shape or form involved with FE. Get your facts straight before making accusations.

PUNK.

Well.. Well... If it isn't OWENSE showing his true colours.

How u doing Owense/Affiliate?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Blaze has been a great contributing member here for years and is not associated with FE. That I can assure you. :) Carry on...

Titanium

Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
Blaze has been a great contributing member here for years and is not associated with FE. That I can assure you. :) Carry on...

He got bloody defensive about them, sounded shonky.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thank you propeciajunkie.

empirical, where/when did I get defensive about FE???

Faith Eagle are very unreliable in regards to the quality of their RU. Sometimes it doesnt even dissolve. I have read alot about RU.

I have been here a lot longer than you tossa, and many here will vouch for my legitimacy.

Loolapalooza

Reaction score
Bryan said:
1) Azelaic acid isn't an "androgen blocker". Dr. Lee has claimed that it works as a topical 5a-reductase inhibitor (lowering the conversion of testosterone into DHT), but there isn't any scientific evidence that it works that way in vivo.
Yeah I know that, but if it blocks 5a-r it blocks DHT. Without that enzime how would DHT form? So the point is the same.
About the scientific evidence.. You may be right.

casualty

Reaction score
Eucapil works for me, but the vials they come in have a consistency problem imho. A box comes with a plastic applicator, which when working works great. However, because the plastic cap/applicator has to slide over the neck of a vial, it splits when one is too large.

But the product works for me, for certain.