andre agassi

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
did anyone follow andre agassis social life after he revaled himself bald.

did it make much of a difference to him, were posters still made of him bald and how was his love life afterwards

just intersted to know how it affected him

s.a.f

Reaction score
It certainly affected his following. With the long hair he was like a hearthrob/pin up boy for tennis. Young women with no interest in tennis would flock to his matches with signs and scream at him. This was the late 80's.
By about 1990 he'd become a hatprisoner and was never seen without his cap even though he had the mullet hanging out the back. It was'nt until 1994/5 that he first showed of himself with a NW4 buzzcut by then his career had already peaked and was on the downslope. It was about 2000 by the time he went slick.
So by that time he was into his mid 30's and had already been replaced in the rankings and as the tennis hearthrob by younger tennis stars.

But I'm sure it had little impact to his personal life its not like his freinds would abandon him and he's rich and famous anyway so people are still interested in him.

[youtube:1rykzken]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpuFEpbE0d0[/youtube:1rykzken]

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
It certainly affected his following. With the long hair he was like a hearthrob/pin up boy for tennis. Young women with no interest in tennis would flock to his matches with signs and scream at him. This was the late 80's.
By about 1990 he'd become a hatprisoner and was never seen without his cap even though he had the mullet hanging out the back. It was'nt until 1994/5 that he first showed of himself with a NW4 buzzcut by then his career had already peaked and was on the downslope. It was about 2000 by the time he went slick.
So by that time he was into his mid 30's and had already been replaced in the rankings and as the tennis hearthrob by younger tennis stars.

But I'm sure it had little impact to his personal life its not like his freinds would abandon him and he's rich and famous anyway so people are still interested in him.

[youtube:1vrp6rjd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpuFEpbE0d0[/youtube:1vrp6rjd]

And to be honest, AGASSI IS PROBABLY THE BEST LOOKING BALD CAUCASIAN MALE!
So, its sure must have been easier for him.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
gascoigne said:

The best looking bald caucasian is Patrick Stewart.
There is no competition.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
gascoigne said:

The best looking bald caucasian is Patrick Stewart.
There is no competition.

Nop, Stewarts face is ugly.
Agassi has proper eyes, eybrows, nose, lips simetry.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Neither of those guys look good IMO, I cant actually think of a good looking bald guy.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
i have to agree

i cant really think of any bald guy that looks good/attractive, even andre agassi or bruce willis, i never once thought they looked "good" at all. especially in teh distance or when there is sunlight, its just a wierd look.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
i have to agree

i cant really think of any bald guy that looks good/attractive, even andre agassi or bruce willis, i never once thought they looked "good" at all. especially in teh distance or when there is sunlight, its just a wierd look.

so, bald guy cant look good?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You have to understand that it is an unintentional look. A look or a style implies choice. We have no choice in going bald. Only how to react to it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
But he'd still look better with hair, why do you think Bruce Willis wore wigs in so many movies.

T

TravisB

Yeah, when you're bald it's all about head shape and strong facial features. And Ljungberg has it. As well as Beckham for example. There are not many guys that will still look good without hair.

seb

Reaction score
I think the main reason the italian looks good is because of his body,NOT becasue he is bald.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
seb said:
I think the main reason the italian looks good is because of his body,NOT becasue he is bald.

+1

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea...but you can have a body like that too...but I guess his face with the tan and his body makes the lack of the hair unimportant...

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
yea...but you can have a body like that too...but I guess his face with the tan and his body makes the lack of the hair unimportant...

Having a body like that is not at all easy, or doable for many people with regular jobs.

Also, his face suits the bald look. Masculine features, Great oval face. I do not have that.

seb

Reaction score
Yeah,but having a good physique doesnt detract from the fact one has a big,red,shiny head.It still will be youre most redeeming feature.

seb

Reaction score
Sorry redeeming is the wrong term.Noticable feature(and not in a positive manner) is the better phrase.

s.a.f

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
andrei_eremenko said:

Having a body like that is not at all easy, or doable for many people with regular jobs.

Not to mention the fact that when he put on a sweater or overcoat (ie 99% of the time) his 'looks bonus' is cancelled out.