An Herbal Extract Combination (Biochanin A, Acetyl tetrapeptide-3, and Ginseng Extracts) versus 3% Minoxidil Solution for the Treatment of Androgeneti

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I hate posting things like that here... but for what it's worth...

Abstract​

OBJECTIVE: We sought to evaluate the efficacy and safety profile of an herbal extract combination comprising biochanin A, acetyl tetrapeptide-3, and ginseng extracts, and compare this to 3% minoxidil solution for the treatment of andogenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia). METHODS: A 24-week, triple-blinded, randomized controlled study was conducted in male and female subjects (N=32) with mild to moderate Androgenetic Alopecia. All were randomized to receive twice-daily, 1mL applications of the herbal extract combination or 3% minoxidil solution. Clinical efficacy from photographic assessment and adverse reactions were evaluated. RESULTS: There were thirty-two subjects (16 male, mean age 41.3±13.8 years), with Androgenetic Alopecia onset and duration of 35.5±13.6 and 6.5±5.1 years, respectively. The herbal extract combination demonstrated a comparable efficacy to 3% minoxidil solution. Expert panel photographic assessment observed a response to both treatments in most patients at 24 weeks, with no statistically significant difference in an increase of terminal hair counts (8.3% [P=0.009] and 8.7% [P=0.002] at 24 weeks in the herbal extract combinations and the 3% minoxidil solution groups, respectively). No local adverse reactions from the herbal extract combination were observed, but one subject developed scalp eczema after using the 3% minoxidil solution. CONCLUSION: The non-significant difference in clinical efficacy and safety to 3% minoxidil solution suggests that the herbal extract combination evaluated here could potentially be an alternative treatment with for Androgenetic Alopecia. Further studies with larger groups and longer follow-up periods are recommended to verify our results.

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im doing this by way of ordinary hair serum = biochanin A, acetyl tetrapeptide-3
And panax ginseng extract 80% ginsenosides oral / topical.

Along with all my other stuff for 6 months.

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im doing a lot of stuff, but not minoxidil or finasteride. Finasteride mechanism of action inhibiting 5ar is part achievable from other stuff - I also dont like its oral and builds up in ur body when the real goal is lowering scalp dht. Minoxidil I will not take until last resort because it fails long term anyway.

with everything im taking the result so far has been maintenance + very few single, countable individual terminal hairs appearing in random areas on my fully-converted-to-vellus hairs temples. Its weird how you get single strands recovering and growing inches long instead of a whole bunch growing a bit.

I dont think I will get very impressive results because I am trying to thicken / regrow temples, its too hard.

But panax ginseng / red ginseng, no reason not to try it, its good for you. I found herbalist I can get the extract powder from cheaply, otherwise it would cost too much. The studies on it are suspiciously positive, seems too good to be true.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Im doing a lot of stuff, but not minoxidil or finasteride. Finasteride mechanism of action inhibiting 5ar is part achievable from other stuff - I also dont like its oral and builds up in ur body when the real goal is lowering scalp dht. Minoxidil I will not take until last resort because it fails long term anyway.

with everything im taking the result so far has been maintenance + very few single, countable individual terminal hairs appearing in random areas on my fully-converted-to-vellus hairs temples. Its weird how you get single strands recovering and growing inches long instead of a whole bunch growing a bit.

I dont think I will get very impressive results because I am trying to thicken / regrow temples, its too hard.

But panax ginseng / red ginseng, no reason not to try it, its good for you. I found herbalist I can get the extract powder from cheaply, otherwise it would cost too much. The studies on it are suspiciously positive, seems too good to be true.
Doesn't ginseng boost your T levels?

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This question doesn't make sense, first off, you have total T, and free T. You are referring to total T. Only free T, not bound to SHBG is active:
"“freetestosterone is what connects with testosterone receptors within the body's cells"

Balding sufferers tend to have low T, and high FAI free androgen index. Also Low T is very prevalent now, there was a video by derek MPMD about the 'try guys' all having really low T.

The potential T boost from ginseng is not significant afaik

Low T = bad for hair
T is dopaminergic = increased dopamine = lower prolactin = good
Many of factors as well, but someone with low T has something hormally wrong with them.

* Men only context

inmyhead

Reaction score

This question doesn't make sense, first off, you have total T, and free T. You are referring to total T. Only free T, not bound to SHBG is active:
"“freetestosterone is what connects with testosterone receptors within the body's cells"

Balding sufferers tend to have low T, and high FAI free androgen index. Also Low T is very prevalent now, there was a video by derek MPMD about the 'try guys' all having really low T.

The potential T boost from ginseng is not significant afaik

Low T = bad for hair
T is dopaminergic = increased dopamine = lower prolactin = good
Many of factors as well, but someone with low T has something hormally wrong with them.

* Men only context
I have T levels at the upper limit level and i'm losing my hair. Not buying this theory at all.

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have T levels at the upper limit level and i'm losing my hair. Not buying this theory at all.
No No I dont mean having high T level is going to save your hair, its just preferable to low T levels. A lot of people on here think low T levels is good, its not.