Reaction score
inhibition of the mTOR pathway,
i personally don't think it does that much, but it's cheap
and gives me no sides so why not?

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. The instructions say that metformin should be taken in the evening, at dinner. Is this even a matter of principle? In the evening, I have a reception of other means and do not want to interfere, do you think it is possible to take it, for example, in the afternoon?

Last edited:

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the site of drug compatibility, I found some negative interactions of metformin with estradiol, joint administration reduces the effectiveness of both.

At the same time, I found an article that said that the combined use of fetformin with HRT is recommended.
The article said that studies were conducted with the results of biochemical blood tests and they were significantly better than those who did not take the drug. While taking metformin, the risk of thrombosis decreased.
What comments will there be?

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi janey, good to see you.

In my country it is very cheap and easy to get a box of 30 pills costs about 5 dollars
Again, you are inhibiting ( if studies are good ) in a systemic way DHT and androgens ! That is real a none sense that will give you side effects .

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. The instructions say that metformin should be taken in the evening, at dinner. Is this even a matter of principle? In the evening, I have a reception of other means and do not want to interfere, do you think it is possible to take it, for example, in the afternoon?
Metformin will be best taken after meals, to avoid its gastrointestinal effects.

I take 500 mg in the morning.

I'm not using it for glycemic control.

It causes an increase in the AMPK pathway, this is what I want, regardless of the time, so be sure to be constant if going into treatment, This is the most important.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the site of drug compatibility, I found some negative interactions of metformin with estradiol, joint administration reduces the effectiveness of both.

At the same time, I found an article that said that the combined use of fetformin with HRT is recommended.
The article said that studies were conducted with the results of biochemical blood tests and they were significantly better than those who did not take the drug. While taking metformin, the risk of thrombosis decreased.
What comments will there be?
Yes metformin causes an attenuated serum decrease in testosterone and E2.

There's not much comment on that

That's right, that's what I want, I'm using bicalutamide and metformin in theory would hold my testosterone outbreak a little, keep it a little lower, but all of this is experimental.

I can't explain to you physiologically why metformin reduces levels of testosterone and E2, nor does the manufacturer of the drug make it available.

But I will tell you what I know, estrogen causes an increase in insulin sensitivity, this is good, the bad is insulin resistance, metformin increases insulin sensitivity also due to autophagy, increased cellular metabolism and so on.

In some way these pathways interact, the AMPK pathway will modulate this in some way, as I posted in the articles, metformin helps in treatments in women with polycystic ovaries equal to finasteride, that is, it interacts in some way with this pathway.

It is a drug that has been used for 60 years or more to treat diabetes, we already know this drug well, it is safe, but there are no studies conducted in this direction, but as you can see its OFF-label use has been better used as seen in the articles, but we still have a lot to discover.

This AMPK route is much more complex than we think.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, you are inhibiting ( if studies are good ) in a systemic way DHT and androgens ! That is real a none sense that will give you side effects .
I don't know if it was translator, or my lack of interpretation, but I couldn't understand what you posted.

Sorry bro

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello everyone! Has anyone noticed increased hair loss while taking metformin? I take two weeks of 500mg/day and noticed that my hair began to fall out very much. However, I also canceled AA - switched to herbal supplements with an antiandrogenic effect. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15579328/ Here I think that was the reason for the cancellation of AA or metformin?

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello everyone! Has anyone noticed increased hair loss while taking metformin? I take two weeks of 500mg/day and noticed that my hair began to fall out very much. However, I also canceled AA - switched to herbal supplements with an antiandrogenic effect. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15579328/ Here I think that was the reason for the cancellation of AA or metformin?
Hair loss is not a reported effect of metformin, it does not happen, only if you become B12 deficient, something that does not happen in 14 days.

Your hair loss probably has nothing to do with metformin.

I say my hair grew back when I added metformin to my combo.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss is not a reported effect of metformin, it does not happen, only if you become B12 deficient, something that does not happen in 14 days.

Your hair loss probably has nothing to do with metformin.

I say my hair grew back when I added metformin to my combo.
Hey! How are you doing so far? What do you use still? :)

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! How are you doing so far? What do you use still? :)
Hi pls_nw1, good to see you

How's your treatment going too?

My treatment is great, I have real regrowth in the frontal region, volume is improving, everyone is saying that I am hairy, I am decreasing my obsession with fixing my hair all the time, as my volume and my entries are improving a lot my hair is not ugly when it is messed up by the wind for example.

I'm still using bicalumitated 30mg, E2 + E3 (bi-estrus) in the same way as I said and 1mg of finasteride, sometimes during the week I apply a higher dose of estradiol via transdermal estrogel but little more than 0.75mg, I did one cool post talking about these cycles a while ago.

Besides everything is going well, without side effects that deserve to be mentioned, only the right breast that is still sensitive and with a small stone but nothing noticeable, left breast not, nothing.

Soon I will make other posts with images and real results :D

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi pls_nw1, good to see you

How's your treatment going too?

My treatment is great, I have real regrowth in the frontal region, volume is improving, everyone is saying that I am hairy, I am decreasing my obsession with fixing my hair all the time, as my volume and my entries are improving a lot my hair is not ugly when it is messed up by the wind for example.

I'm still using bicalumitated 30mg, E2 + E3 (bi-estrus) in the same way as I said and 1mg of finasteride, sometimes during the week I apply a higher dose of estradiol via transdermal estrogel but little more than 0.75mg, I did one cool post talking about these cycles a while ago.

Besides everything is going well, without side effects that deserve to be mentioned, only the right breast that is still sensitive and with a small stone but nothing noticeable, left breast not, nothing.

Soon I will make other posts with images and real results :D
Thats great to hear! I still am only on Finasteride. Will start asap Bicalutamide and maybe an E cycle, as we discussed, later on.
:)

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
How will you source them?
I am not 18 yet, so I can't get it prescribed yet, although I talked already with my doctor. The other things..., I will source them via online phatmacies and such.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not 18 yet, so I can't get it prescribed yet, although I talked already with my doctor. The other things..., I will source them via online phatmacies and such.
What did your doctor say? It is illegal to use online pharmacies anywhere in the world.