American Hair Research Summit In May 2018 All The Players Will Be There

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
stumbles across this while wasting time searching for hair loss news.

there will be an american hair loss summit this may 14-16 in orlando, florida. i did not look up if there are any fees to attend but if a member or two live locally i think it would be of high interest to attend as all major players will be there. looking at the program at a glance

cassiopea presenting breezula
gail naughton presenting histogen
kevin mcelwee (replicel) presenting
samumed presenting sm04554
george cotsarellis will be there moderating (nothing directly related to follica though :/)
aclaris on topical jaks
christiano on topical jaks

if someone were to attend and potentially network, we could get updates and see when these projects if at all will be moving into their next prospective phases.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great find OP.

Wonder what the Replicel guy is coming to do.
If their trial results aren't out yet, there should be nothing to say.

Edit: Anyone planning to attend?

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Boring in my opinion. Theres nothing that cutting edge coming out any time soon. And there's nothing to be gained from hearing another "optimistic update". Either the products are ready/proven/available or not. Most products and treatments go bust in development. It's pointless to get worked up over them.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Boring in my opinion. Theres nothing that cutting edge coming out any time soon. And there's nothing to be gained from hearing another "optimistic update". Either the products are ready/proven/available or not. Most products and treatments go bust in development. It's pointless to get worked up over them.

I'd like this 10x if I could.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do they even allow Naughton to present anymore? We should start a petition banning her from speaking until Histogen is either available or has new trial data available.

Disappointed no Follica news but maybe something interesting will pop up from the others.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check Cotsarellis bald spot. That's your Follica update.

Believe it or not, but not everyone actually cares that much about going bald. Esp. someone like Cots who's older, married, and is balding at a more natural/age-appropriate pace than many guys on here. That, along with him maybe not wanting to use a product that isn't commercially available...

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Panel Discussion: PRP: Hope or Hype? Moderator: George Cotsarelis

PRP?? I hope he doesn't say it's the best solution in the world of hair loss.

as there are many conferences, but no treatment ... it's just a game of money. if April 14, Brotz does not show anything good, I'll start using the old methods of Margo / Jack ... Damn, how bad it all is in this world.