Amazing (unexpected) Success With All Natural Product | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Amazing (unexpected) Success With All Natural Product

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by wmarais, Dec 17, 2016.

1. rclark

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    To be honest, I don't think that's what happened.

Minoxidil causes a shedding, as hair starts growing, stops resting.

It's a one time thing. Just need to be patient.

That said, I think Minoxidil is TEMPORARY without Finasteride, or dutasteride to back
    it up.

By it here! You will save yourself lots money. Also, it comes from Florida? (I believe, correct
    me if I'm wrong). It's Rogaine foam.

2. brandnew88

brandnew88 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am giving it a try too. the kind i bought comes in packets and you add boiling water and stir. I think its helping my skin look clearer.

3. RS85

RS85 Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Guys, please post updates if chaga tea works!

4. Giiizmo

Giiizmo Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    "Minerals and antioxidants" typically don't result in any kind of measurable regrowth, especially on their own. That includes biotin, vitamin c and zinc, the most commonly discussed ones, with the very notable exception of iron for women who might lack enough of it.

Sounds like chaga tea could be a weak 5-AR inhibitor like saw palmetto, pumpkin seeds and possibly other natural products like green tea and bee venom (see the "New Research, Studies, and Technologies"). If that's the case, you'd be better off micro-dosing finasteride if you intend to go down the anti-androgen road.

Not that I'm peddling finasteride, mind you, I believe I've had symptoms similar to 5-AR inhibition from just eating a handful of pumpkin seeds for about 8 months (watery sperm, unwarranted anxiety, loss of libido, insomnia) and I'm not planning on touching anything even remotely associated with that stuff. I'm glad for those who don't get side-effects or who can endure them though.

#24 Giiizmo, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    tomJ and whoken like this.
  5. brandnew88

Dislikes Received:
    anyone else trying this daily? I am shedding and have been for several days now. like 10x my normal amount. I am wondering if the tea is causing this?

tomJ likes this.
  6. YoloMPB2

YoloMPB2 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @brandnew88 I am trying this daily. The first couple of weeks I noticed way more energy, reduced anxiety and more frequent bathroom trips. I have been shedding allot but was before I started. So far haven't noticed any signs of slowing the shed, nor any regrowth. I think it is doing something positive to my health but just not what we hoped for in terms of hair. I also read that not all Chaga is created equal, where did you get yours from? Mine is a powder so you only have to simmer for 45-60 min instead of the chunks that you have to boil for 3-4 hours.

#26 YoloMPB2, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  7. brandnew88

Dislikes Received:
    I agree it does make me feel better all over. My hair though is falling out significantly more. The brand is four sigmatic. Yours?

8. YoloMPB2

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I got mine at Chaga Dot CA, I don't think it would be the cause of your hair shedding more though. It's cleaning out bacteria, fungus and cleansing the liver. My guess is you would probably be shedding just as much without it. Have you heard of or looked into Zix? Does your scalp itch or tingle when you are having a big fall?

#28 YoloMPB2, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  9. brandnew88

Dislikes Received:
    It could be just a regular shed. I have heard of zix, but never tried it. My scalp doesnt itch or tingle. I rarely get an itchy scalp.

10. Optimistic1

Optimistic1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Even if it doesn't work for male pattern baldness, I kinda wanna try it. Sounds like it's other effects are great!

11. Optimistic1

Optimistic1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can I ask what brand you are using? Or for a link?

12. stachu

stachu Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I wanna also try zix. But i am too lazy.

13. sunchyme1

sunchyme1 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    dante lemme know when your gonna shave your head and ill do it with you man.

balding brothers in arms :cool:

14. phamboy24

phamboy24 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    updates so far mr?

tomJ likes this.
  15. PIHP

PIHP New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Props for not advertising any product, but I am curious to know which brand of Chaga you took as there are A LOT popping up now and not all are good I believe.
    Thank you so kindly.

16. PIHP

PIHP New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Can you please state which brand/type of chaga you took? There are so many that dont seem legit.
    Thank you.

17. Youcandoit

Youcandoit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    According to a study Chaga mushrooms can induce G1 cell cycle arrest....here are the studies not sure what it means but does something with the cell cycle. May be important. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2681140/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4388940/ I don't understand this scientific stuff maybe someone else willing to look into this.

G1 is typically the longest phase of the cell cycle. This can be explained by the fact that G1 follows cell division in mitosis; G1represents the first chance for new cells have to grow.

also

When DNA damage occurs, or when the cell detects any defects which necessitate it to delay or halt thecell cycle in G1, arrest occurs through several mechanisms.

also

Modulating the balance of follicular proliferation and apoptosis may be a key strategy for the control for hair growth and regression and may lead to more effective therapies of many hair diseases, which can be viewed as cycling disorders

I think it means..... Chaga inhibits cell proliferation or induction of cell death and induces G0/G1 phase arrest and subsequent apoptotic process accompanying caspase-3 activation.

So maybe Chaga allows bad cells to die and is good somehow??? Im not that scientific so idk

#37 Youcandoit, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  18. skinnywolfboy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've known about chaga for a while, it's supposed to be a potent medicinal mushroom used by people in Northern climates, never heard of it being mentioned in relation to hairloss though. Interestingly one of the things it does is it regulates the immune system, so if it's overactive it calms it down and if it's underactive it stimulates it.

19. tomJ

tomJ Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How is everyone doing on the chaga tea?

20. YoloMPB2

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I stopped drinking it. It's great for the immune system also for cleaning out free radicals and dead cells but does not do much in terms of hair loss or itch. That said I may start drinking it again for general health reason, cold and flu season is approaching.