Amazing (unexpected) Success With All Natural Product

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
"Minerals and antioxidants" typically don't result in any kind of measurable regrowth, especially on their own. That includes biotin, vitamin c and zinc, the most commonly discussed ones, with the very notable exception of iron for women who might lack enough of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_deficiency said:
[...] Iron is needed for many enzymes to function normally, so a wide range of symptoms may eventually emerge, either as the secondary result of the anemia, or as other primary results of iron deficiency. Symptoms of iron deficiency include: [...] hair loss [...]

Sounds like chaga tea could be a weak 5-AR inhibitor like saw palmetto, pumpkin seeds and possibly other natural products like green tea and bee venom (see the "New Research, Studies, and Technologies"). If that's the case, you'd be better off micro-dosing finasteride if you intend to go down the anti-androgen road.

Not that I'm peddling finasteride, mind you, I believe I've had symptoms similar to 5-AR inhibition from just eating a handful of pumpkin seeds for about 8 months (watery sperm, unwarranted anxiety, loss of libido, insomnia) and I'm not planning on touching anything even remotely associated with that stuff. I'm glad for those who don't get side-effects or who can endure them though.

Last edited:

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone else trying this daily? I am shedding and have been for several days now. like 10x my normal amount. I am wondering if the tea is causing this?

YoloMPB2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@brandnew88 I am trying this daily. The first couple of weeks I noticed way more energy, reduced anxiety and more frequent bathroom trips. I have been shedding allot but was before I started. So far haven't noticed any signs of slowing the shed, nor any regrowth. I think it is doing something positive to my health but just not what we hoped for in terms of hair. I also read that not all Chaga is created equal, where did you get yours from? Mine is a powder so you only have to simmer for 45-60 min instead of the chunks that you have to boil for 3-4 hours.

Last edited:

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree it does make me feel better all over. My hair though is falling out significantly more. The brand is four sigmatic. Yours?

YoloMPB2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got mine at Chaga Dot CA, I don't think it would be the cause of your hair shedding more though. It's cleaning out bacteria, fungus and cleansing the liver. My guess is you would probably be shedding just as much without it. Have you heard of or looked into Zix? Does your scalp itch or tingle when you are having a big fall?

Last edited:

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
It could be just a regular shed. I have heard of zix, but never tried it. My scalp doesnt itch or tingle. I rarely get an itchy scalp.

Optimistic1

Reaction score
Even if it doesn't work for male pattern baldness, I kinda wanna try it. Sounds like it's other effects are great!

Optimistic1

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to posting but I have been reading the forums for almost a year now trying to get tips on what to try etc. I have noticed thinning of my hair for about 2 years now. The usual stuff where I started noticing a lot of hair in my comb, shower, when I run my fingers through my hair some hair will come out etc etc. After a while I could see my scalp through my hair (which I never saw before). Also, my scalp had a itchy feeling to it.

So I tried just about everything to stop the hair loss, Rogaine seemed to help the most but it was expensive.

Due to some potential other health issues I started drinking Chaga tea (I did not drink it for hair loss reasons). At the same time I stopped using Rogaine.

My hair loss stopped almost immediately after drinking about 300 ml of Chaga tea a day. Actual my somewhat itchy scalp disappeared and my hair became thicker up to the point where it was before I noticed thinning.

I am not going to write about what Chaga is, just Google it but it falls within the Mushroom group and is extremely high in anti-oxidants and other minerals and vitamins.

That's my story, if you have questions, just ask.

Can I ask what brand you are using? Or for a link?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanna also try zix. But i am too lazy.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool story bro.

giphy.gif

dante lemme know when your gonna shave your head and ill do it with you man.

balding brothers in arms :cool:

PIHP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to posting but I have been reading the forums for almost a year now trying to get tips on what to try etc. I have noticed thinning of my hair for about 2 years now. The usual stuff where I started noticing a lot of hair in my comb, shower, when I run my fingers through my hair some hair will come out etc etc. After a while I could see my scalp through my hair (which I never saw before). Also, my scalp had a itchy feeling to it.

So I tried just about everything to stop the hair loss, Rogaine seemed to help the most but it was expensive.

Due to some potential other health issues I started drinking Chaga tea (I did not drink it for hair loss reasons). At the same time I stopped using Rogaine.

My hair loss stopped almost immediately after drinking about 300 ml of Chaga tea a day. Actual my somewhat itchy scalp disappeared and my hair became thicker up to the point where it was before I noticed thinning.

I am not going to write about what Chaga is, just Google it but it falls within the Mushroom group and is extremely high in anti-oxidants and other minerals and vitamins.

That's my story, if you have questions, just ask.
Props for not advertising any product, but I am curious to know which brand of Chaga you took as there are A LOT popping up now and not all are good I believe.
Thank you so kindly.

PIHP

My Regimen
Reaction score
I knew somebody is going to think I am trying to sell Chaga, lol. No, I am an Engineer and does not need to sell Chaga, haha. That's why I did not post any info on Chaga or links etc. Just sharing my story that's it.

Can you please state which brand/type of chaga you took? There are so many that dont seem legit.
Thank you.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
According to a study Chaga mushrooms can induce G1 cell cycle arrest....here are the studies not sure what it means but does something with the cell cycle. May be important. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2681140/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4388940/ I don't understand this scientific stuff maybe someone else willing to look into this.

G1 is typically the longest phase of the cell cycle. This can be explained by the fact that G1 follows cell division in mitosis; G1represents the first chance for new cells have to grow.

also

When DNA damage occurs, or when the cell detects any defects which necessitate it to delay or halt thecell cycle in G1, arrest occurs through several mechanisms.

also

Modulating the balance of follicular proliferation and apoptosis may be a key strategy for the control for hair growth and regression and may lead to more effective therapies of many hair diseases, which can be viewed as cycling disorders

I think it means..... Chaga inhibits cell proliferation or induction of cell death and induces G0/G1 phase arrest and subsequent apoptotic process accompanying caspase-3 activation.

So maybe Chaga allows bad cells to die and is good somehow??? Im not that scientific so idk

Last edited:

skinnywolfboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've known about chaga for a while, it's supposed to be a potent medicinal mushroom used by people in Northern climates, never heard of it being mentioned in relation to hairloss though. Interestingly one of the things it does is it regulates the immune system, so if it's overactive it calms it down and if it's underactive it stimulates it.

YoloMPB2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped drinking it. It's great for the immune system also for cleaning out free radicals and dead cells but does not do much in terms of hair loss or itch. That said I may start drinking it again for general health reason, cold and flu season is approaching.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped drinking it. It's great for the immune system also for cleaning out free radicals and dead cells but does not do much in terms of hair loss or itch. That said I may start drinking it again for general health reason, cold and flu season is approaching.
Thanks for responding Yolo..you close to shave territory yet? I'm just about there. Appears to be no safe way to treat male pattern baldness if you cant handle finasteride or minoxidil.

YoloMPB2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was doing ok on Zix and taking zinc orally for a while. I think I basically stabilized for a stint but it’s back now and seemingly more aggressive so I’m looking into other things such as SETI. It’s definitly an ongoing battle, keep trying things though. You never know what may work.