Am I Thinning At The Crown Area ( male pattern baldness)?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone i am currently 21 yrs old. Yesterday i went to get a haircut and it looks to me like i might have male pattern baldness? My hairline has not receded a bit but my crown area looks suspiciously thin? What do u guys think?
I wouldn't say i noticed it getting thinner than usual because i don't remember what it used to look like.

Attachments

• balding1.jpg
    balding1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,245
  • balding2.jpg
    balding2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,296
  • balding3.jpg
    balding3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,096
  • balding4.jpg
    balding4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,065
  • balding5.jpg
    balding5.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,080

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair is just short, if it looks like sh*t when its about 3 cm all over then you're thinning.
Alright thank u. I will keep monitoring it. I am grateful at the moment that my hairline has been the same for years and still looks good.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still feel like i am losing my hair. What do u guys think?
These pictures are from today.

Attachments

• balding 7.jpg
    balding 7.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 746
  • balding8.jpg
    balding8.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is from 9 january 2018. Please help me out guys.

Attachments

• balding9.jpg
    balding9.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 649

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
These are pictures of my hairline. The first is today. The 2nd is 4 years ago. Please help me out here.

Attachments

• balding10.jpg
    balding10.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 694
  • balding11.jpg
    balding11.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 665

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
The area right above my crown also feels greasy all the time, could this be a sign of balding? I do wear headphones for like 10 hours a day, and i was wondering if this might make my hair look greasy and thin?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright guys an update on my situation. I went to a dermatologist yesterday and she confirmed what i thought, I do have male pattern baldness but only at the early stages ( slight crown thinning and also slight thinning at the front), not very noticeable just yet.
I will start minoxidil 5% and nizoral 2% against my dandruff for now and i have read the scientific literature on minoxidil and pumpkin seed oil and i also might start with pumpkin seed oil 1000-2000mg a day. I am now just hoping that my male pattern baldness is going to progress slowly so that i can maintain for a couple of years on this and then go further with finasteride or just shave it off. For now i am just too young to go bald.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys please anyone any tips on applying minoxidil? I still ahve alot of hair and it is hard to find scalp to put it on, so alot gets on the hair.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes man, you definitely have male pattern baldness and thinning on the crown. There's no denying. Start using shampooing w/ Nizoral and maybe use Minoxidil? Definitely Nizoral.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright guys an update for the ones interested. 3 weeks on minoxodil and i am shedding like a madman. 30 hairs on pillow in the morning, 10 hairs if i go with my hands through my hair. Tour is over boyos.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright guys an update for the ones interested. 3 weeks on minoxodil and i am shedding like a madman. 30 hairs on pillow in the morning, 10 hairs if i go with my hands through my hair. Tour is over boyos.
That's normal on minoxidil, you shed a lot of hair in the first month or two then it is followed by regrowth. I don't agree with your choice to start minoxidil first, you should have used finasteride for a year first before using minoxidil.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's normal on minoxidil, you shed a lot of hair in the first month or two then it is followed by regrowth. I don't agree with your choice to start minoxidil first, you should have used finasteride for a year first before using minoxidil.
Yeah maybe i should have started finasteride, whatever i never will be goodlooking anyways, with or withaut hair.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah maybe i should have started finasteride, whatever i never will be goodlooking anyways, with or withaut hair.
Fair enough, but having hair certainty helps. Unless you have strong male facial characteristics you will almost certainly look worse bald!

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another update: I decided to make an appointment with a doctor because i want to start finasteride and I hope he will prescribe it.