am i the only one pl let me know

rita

Reaction score
hi all

thank u all for your reply.
im rita .im 30 with a toddler now 33 months old.im noticing that my scalp is more visible day by day.im so scared to wake in morining to see my hair on my pillow and when i brush i loose so much hair.even my toddler is able to tell me that she can see my hair all over the carpet.oh momy hair she says,which makes me depressed i dont know how i can do out in public with bald head as my a female.should i sit at home resign from work.i dont know whether it is thining of hair or shedding .i know that i have increase shedding .do i have thining of hair too.with rogaine i have noticed small hairs sprouting out which seems to be very thin and weak hair is this normal .im so devastated .will a scalp biopsy help me in diagnosing the cause or will it leave only with a scar.is that any other treatment than rogaine and vitamins.what is Androgenetic Alopecia pl let me know.can i be loosing hair even after 33 months of pregnancy does anyone know

pl reply me

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Rita, I would suggest looking at this website and following the links on women's hair loss.
I have Androgenetic Alopecia and there is some shedding involved with that, too.
Definitely see a doctor. I've never had a scalp biopsy so I can not answer anything about scarring.
I believe the hairs growing from the rogaine are what is called vellus hairs and they do tend to be smaller, finer hairs.
Please take time to really go over this website...you will find so much useful information.
In the meantime, try to keep your chin up, so to speak. If you're seeing hairs growing -even little ones- keep on the rogaine.
Good luck to you :)

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hi Rita,

I was glancing over here on the women's side of the discussion boards for the usual good nutrition tips and came across your posting and had to respond.

First off, seeing new little hairs after beginning Minoxidil is a sign that you are a good responder to minoxidil. Unfortunately, another symptom of someone who is responding well to minoxidil is a one-time hair shed.

When I started using minoxidil for my male pattern baldness, I shed lightly at week 2, and a bit more heavily at week 4. The week 4 shed scared me, but luckily at week 4 I also saw signs of the same 'little hairs' that you are seeing in the balding areas at the sides of my high temples. Well, now on month 3 of minoxidil, the shedding has stopped and those 'little hairs' where no hair was before are now an inch long. I have a widows' peak hairline, and although I have hair on the center of my forehead it was thinning rapidly when I started minoxidil. It is still thin, but the existing hair is growing strong and long! It used to be the slowest-growing part of my hairline, it would get an inch thick, then get thin and brittle and curly. Now, the hair is half way to my eyebrows! And when I part the hair, I see those same 'little hairs' that I see on my temples, slowly sprouting up in the once thinning area of my center-forehead hairline.

Shedding is scary, and it is a terrifying yet well-documented sign that Minoxidil is working for you! The new little hairs are proof of that. Stick with it. If minoxidil keeps working for you, the shed should stop, in six months after start of treatment you should be satisfied, and after a year of treatment you should be a very happy woman. Given that you have responded so quickly, you might be in good shape soon, and in great shape for summer. Hang in there.