Am I The Only One At Peace With Going Bald?

Jerry Jr.

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently 19 and my temples are receding pretty bad and it looks like I'm around a Norwood 2 and leaning toward 2.5 possibly... so like most of us I've been panicking for a bit and went online looking for cheap, easy solution to fix my problem.

What I've gathered is unless you want to spend 30$ a month on finastride, and most people add rogaine with it which makes it 60 a month, you will continue to bald and you can never get off these medications that have some bad sides because you will lose all your gains...

A little later I came across a post talking about being bald is not that bad! It's all about you accepting it and using your loss in hair to make other strengths like working out and stuff. And this is what I plan to do, keep my hair shaven until I reach the point where I have to shave it all off! And I'd rather have it no other way.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I pay 60$/year for minoxidil and 45$/year for finasteride. Putting oil on my hair and swallowing a pill just to keep my hair is worth it... But if you dont mind going bald, why not. Good for you man.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently 19 and my temples are receding pretty bad and it looks like I'm around a Norwood 2 and leaning toward 2.5 possibly... so like most of us I've been panicking for a bit and went online looking for cheap, easy solution to fix my problem.

What I've gathered is unless you want to spend 30$ a month on finastride, and most people add rogaine with it which makes it 60 a month, you will continue to bald and you can never get off these medications that have some bad sides because you will lose all your gains...

A little later I came across a post talking about being bald is not that bad! It's all about you accepting it and using your loss in hair to make other strengths like working out and stuff. And this is what I plan to do, keep my hair shaven until I reach the point where I have to shave it all off! And I'd rather have it no other way.

chances are you are tall and good looking. Am I correct?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with acceptance, in most cases it is a lot easier to accept the hand you've been dealt. The flip side is will you still accept your fate once you are actually visibly balding?
Will you accept girls no longer talk to you and run away when you approach them at clubs?
Will you accept your peers will make comments and jokes about your bald head?
Will you accept certain desirable jobs will be unavailable to you?
Will you accept people will view you differently?
If you answered no to any of these questions then you are not at peace with going bald.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah bullshit..im microdosing finasterid 0.2mg per day

I paid 50 bucks for legit finasterid 5mg a 100 pills

100*5mg/0.2 = 2500

50/2500 = 0.02

Thats right": the price for not rapidly losing hair is 2 cents per day

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm slowly getting there as well. I am, knock knock on wood, still far away from being bald. But I'm still slowly getting used to the idea of maybe going bald in the future.

deadhairfollicle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I pay 60$/year for minoxidil and 45$/year for finasteride. Putting oil on my hair and swallowing a pill just to keep my hair is worth it... But if you dont mind going bald, why not. Good for you man.
Where d fk do you get it so cheap?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where d fk do you get it so cheap?

Minoxidil = Ebay. i even pay around 15$ for shipping lol
Finasteride = evopharmacy/ukmeds
just get 5 mg and cut it into 4 pieces. evopharmacy sells generic finasteride 28 tablets for 35 gpb. 28 x 4 = 112 days.

and from ukmeds u can get 5 mg 28 tablets for 15gpb. cut that into 4 pieces and in 1 year should be around 40 dollars give or take

Last edited:

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
$10 yearly supply of finasteride

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post. Visibly balding = youth missed one way or another unfortunately. Unless one is not good looking in which case the youth experience might be different anyway but hair loss will amplify weakness. It's meant to be a time of innocence and at peak of freshness. I'm sure this guy will change his mind when he actually balds. He's just reflecting now. My finasteride is so cheap per month it's equal to a large portion of fish and chips. Transplant was reduced too due to contacts. Spent nothing and I've got money saved up due to good career after stem degree.

Still cars, apartment, travelling is one thing but looks (and hair) is priceless. Everything flows from being happy internally.

A nice statistic to that topic:

Percent of hair loss sufferers who would spend their life savings to regain a full head of hair: 47 %

https://www.statisticbrain.com/hair-loss-statistics/

There are many good reasons to not take finasteride. Money aint one