Am I Losing My Hair Or My Mind? ( Please Read )

Dreamsdolive

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
  1. Hey everyone,
    I am new here and I'd like to share my story with you. I am female, 26, and I've been suffering now for a while with ocd about my hair loss. I have some scalp problems ( eczema ) from stress and went to a dermatologist 1 year ago. Since then I got really focused on my hair. She took some hairs and she said she couldn't find anything and that everything would be stress related. Shorty after I've noticed losing more hair then usual on the left side. Few months later it's the opposite. I also have the tendency to count my hair ( which idk is realistic ) to see how much I lose a day. Also I wash after 4 days. I have long hair so when I brush it takes a long time to get trough the knots. Everything what I lose during washing, week and brushing I keep together and divide it by the amount of days. I also have the feeling when brushing on the right at my tempels that my hair feels fragile and that it kinda feels like I easily pull it out? It makes me scared. For example yesterday I was starting to comb the right side and more came off, also shorter hairs compared with the other ones. (Especially in the back). Everything counted together I was at more then 400 and when I divided it by 4 I was at more then 100 a day, usually I am at 75 or so ald now I am so anxious. It drives me insane. I am so paranoid.I was looking at the internet and saw this forum. I have some couple of questions and since this is a hair loss forum I think it's the right place to ask these kind of questions.
    1) when people say you can lose until max 100 a day, is it by natural fall or also brushing?
    2) are there places you can lose more?
    3) what's the best way to know how much you actually lose a day?
    4) is it normal to lose more hair after you've brushed it?
    5) if you brush your hair long do you also take hairs that is ready to fall within the next few days?
    6) when do you know you have an actual hair loss problem?

Thank you for reading,
    Sorry for the long message.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Greetings,
    Kelly x

elena

My Regimen
Reaction score
Traditionally, Beauty Hair Supply Store have catered to women with straighter, finer and blonder hair, providing an endless series of synthetic and human hair wigs. Gratefully, ladies with thicker, curlier and coarser hair have gained access to more alternatives because the natural hair wigs market begin to boom within the last few years.
More African American women have embraced their natural hair texture than I have ever seen before. Having extensions to provide choices for protection and versatility is a part of many women’s lives. That is why I ordered a wig at Black Beauty Supply Stores Online and it surprised me.
top_image_prod.png