Am I going bald? Please help out! I’m 20

treyarn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Questions in the title. I’m kind of worried. My left side has always been thinner & higher since I was a kid.
0F7D7D3B-90D8-4DD6-8E20-529AA433147B.jpeg
2A3A7CD0-4121-44DE-A0D6-968C95A2455A.jpeg

Attachments

• AB7ECBEF-B1BD-4BF9-898C-0980560DC743.jpeg
    AB7ECBEF-B1BD-4BF9-898C-0980560DC743.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 108
  • D5ECA974-FF4C-4E82-A27E-8E13D440FACA.jpeg
    D5ECA974-FF4C-4E82-A27E-8E13D440FACA.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 110

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sweet jesus.

Can we just rename this forum the BDD forum and get it over with?

edit: serious answer because you are obviously freaking out - No, you are definitely, definitely not going bald. Relax.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Sweet jesus.

edit: serious answer because you are obviously freaking out - No, you are definitely, definitely not going bald. Relax.
You got my vote. Nothing wrong with having BDD. Some of the best posters on here have it :rolleyes:

treyarn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sweet jesus.

Sorry. I know posts like this can get annoying, but I’ve just been lurking on this forum and people that seem like they have better hair than me are being recommended to hop on meds, so I thought I’d make a post too.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry. I know posts like this can get annoying, but I’ve just been lurking on this forum and people that seem like they have better hair than me are being recommended to hop on meds, so I thought I’d make a post too.
Why are you even "lurking" on this forum? What makes you even want to look here? You literally are not only not going bald, but have abnormally thick, full hair. What are you thinking when you decide to hang around a place like this? And which posters have "better hair" than you got recommended to "hop on" meds???

There are some good posters on this forum but there's also a lot of seriously crazy people giving lunatic advice.

You don't "hop on" this kind of treatment. They're strong hormone-altering drugs, or in the case of minoxidil, heart medication, that has been repurposed to help treat baldness. But all of them have side-effects to varying degrees - women shouldn't even touch some of this stuff and taking it before fully completing puberty is also sketchy.

Sure, they're relatively safe, I don't want to exaggerate. But they're also not jelly beans. And not something I would recommend anyone "hop on" without first seeing a doctor and getting proper medical advice.

Especially when you're not even going bald!!

treyarn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you even "lurking" on this forum? What makes you even want to look here? You literally are not only not going bald, but have abnormally thick, full hair. What are you thinking when you decide to hang around a place like this? And which posters have "better hair" than you got recommended to "hop on" meds???

There are some good posters on this forum but there's also a lot of seriously crazy people giving lunatic advice.

You don't "hop on" this kind of treatment. They're strong hormone-altering drugs, or in the case of minoxidil, heart medication, that has been repurposed to help treat baldness. But all of them have side-effects to varying degrees - women shouldn't even touch some of this stuff and taking it before fully completing puberty is also sketchy.

Sure, they're relatively safe, I don't want to exaggerate. But they're also not jelly beans. And not something I would recommend anyone "hop on" without first seeing a doctor and getting proper medical advice.

Especially when you're not even going bald!!
One would be that my dad is bald, so paranoia is a b**ch. And I don’t know the posters off by heart, but I have seen people that have a similar hairline to me that have been told to hop on whatever. :( Thank you for the reply

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand.

My advice is to monitor it. If you're paranoid then it won't hurt to use Nizoral or something similar. Its a very mild anti androgen and anti inflammatory that will help delay any balding that you might get in the future one day. But you'd be mad to take finasteride at this stage!

Well that's my 2c anyway. Do what you like but if you want to take drugs, see a doctor about it, don't ask randoms on the Web. ;)