Am I Done With Finasteride? Massive Sides

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there,

I took oral finasteride at a very low dose (0.25mg every third day) for more than 12 months. It stopped my hair loss almost completely

After some time I realised that my libido went massivly down and that I felt more numb during sex so I decided to stop taking it. After 2 months my libido came back totally.

But after 4 months a short but massive shedding process began so I tried to get back on it.

After taking one dose of 0.25mg I was unable to get an erection for several days which was really weird

Afterwards I tried 0.125 Mg (an 8th of a 1mg pill) and got almost the same side effect!

How is this possible? I really regret that I stopped taking it in the first place du to lower side effects in the beginning

As a result I started to use 1% topical Finasteride Gel daily from Farmacja Parati for 7 weeks now. It did not stop the hair loss and I even have the impression of some shedding. The sides are lower than on any oral Finasteride dose: An erection is possible but the libido is still decreased as on not being on Finasteride totally

So my questions are:
How comes that I get worse side effects after the oral Finasteride break?

Should I give oral Finasteride another try? If so, at which dose and how long I take it to hope that the sides will disappear?

How long should I try topical finasteride to see if there is any effect?

Are there alternatives to Finasteride which may give me less sides? I am applying Minoxidil 5% daily since 7 weeks on the back of my head but I did not see any results at the moment (despite the shedding in the front where I apply only the topical finasteride)

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop finasteride its just not worth it there are people suffering from pfs i amso had to stop due sides. Topical will do the same thing it just takes a while before the sides kick in. You can try zix if you're a Norwood 1 or 2 with no diffuse thinning. Else i would look into CB 03 01 its a drug thats not on the market yet and is being tested but sides are way more uncommen. If youre really sensitive to anti androgens dont even try ru58841.

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The older you get, the less a high libido might be important to you.

But if you stop with propecia now, you could lose a good amount of hair and you won't be able to regrow it back later.

It's up to you.

There are also other factors that affect your libido like obesity, inactivity, overtraining, not enough rest.. You could sort those out first to see if maybe propecia is not the reason for the decreased libido.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah I tried .25mg recently and had sides I think at least. finasteride is crazy strong I mean saw palmetto is a joke compared to finasteride. I dont think saw palmetto is strong enough to do anything.
I thought about trying .125mg too, and see how that goes but I still just dont like the idea of using a medication for hair loss. Medications just in general dont end up doing a lot of good things for your body in most cases.
Its do or die with finasteride right now despite the naysayers and negative press. If you skip finasteride its a one way ticket to male pattern baldness so you have to find a way to make it work. People say its just hair yeah lets see you shave your head bald before telling others that. Can I give someone advice on how they should feel about a handicap I dont have?
People shouldnt take finasteride? Where is your safer alternative? Oh yeah you dont have one so shutup

el_duterino

Reaction score
The best replacement to finasteride is CB aka Clascoterone

No sides and works better than finasteride due to its ability to block all androgen not just reduce DHT but on the scalp only

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
@el_duterino any recommendation on dose and source. I just pst month 6 on topical Finasteride.50 and I’ve lost a ton of density and the hairline has been compromised.

I need a switch. Also dabbling with Trinov but treating for what it is... a weak cosmetic.

el_duterino

Reaction score
I remember you had no results wiht RU or finasteride or minoxidil so you won't have results with CB either so this is just going to be a waste of money for you
I suggest you try Daro instead this is far more powerful

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there,

I took oral finasteride at a very low dose (0.25mg every third day) for more than 12 months. It stopped my hair loss almost completely

After some time I realised that my libido went massivly down and that I felt more numb during sex so I decided to stop taking it. After 2 months my libido came back totally.

But after 4 months a short but massive shedding process began so I tried to get back on it.

After taking one dose of 0.25mg I was unable to get an erection for several days which was really weird

Afterwards I tried 0.125 Mg (an 8th of a 1mg pill) and got almost the same side effect!

How is this possible? I really regret that I stopped taking it in the first place du to lower side effects in the beginning

As a result I started to use 1% topical Finasteride Gel daily from Farmacja Parati for 7 weeks now. It did not stop the hair loss and I even have the impression of some shedding. The sides are lower than on any oral Finasteride dose: An erection is possible but the libido is still decreased as on not being on Finasteride totally

So my questions are:
How comes that I get worse side effects after the oral Finasteride break?

Should I give oral Finasteride another try? If so, at which dose and how long I take it to hope that the sides will disappear?

How long should I try topical finasteride to see if there is any effect?

Are there alternatives to Finasteride which may give me less sides? I am applying Minoxidil 5% daily since 7 weeks on the back of my head but I did not see any results at the moment (despite the shedding in the front where I apply only the topical finasteride)
Finasteride does have an impact on erection quality for many men , but complete inability would be a surprise imo .
Also the 1% from farmacia paratti is a much much higher dose going systemic than 0.25 mg every 3 days , except if you are wasting most of the product somehow , like using it on hair .
So i have to say you re probably not objective in your evaluation

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember you had no results wiht RU or finasteride or minoxidil so you won't have results with CB either so this is just going to be a waste of money for you
I suggest you try Daro instead this is far more powerful
Is Daro high risk in terms of sides. My hair has changed so much in just 6 months. I can’t believe it can happen this fast.

Attachments

• CDE20649-BF0D-416F-AFD7-CE047372E4E9.jpeg
    CDE20649-BF0D-416F-AFD7-CE047372E4E9.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 326
  • DF62E7E0-E9D8-4E92-B724-CFE2E5FE9E14.jpeg
    DF62E7E0-E9D8-4E92-B724-CFE2E5FE9E14.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 585

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best replacement to finasteride is CB aka Clascoterone

No sides and works better than finasteride due to its ability to block all androgen not just reduce DHT but on the scalp only

How can an androgen blocker not have any side effects? Any link to info/studies on this?