Am I Balding? (young Person) Need Input

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am about to turn 15, but I have recently become actively monitoring my hair. I used to always let it grow out, however I don't really like that style anymore. I'm worried that I may begin (or already begun) to lose my hair, as my dad is bald and my 21 y/o brother is a Norwood 4-5. All of the pictures I included are from today, ranging from styled to what it kind of looks like when I get out of bed.

Note: my hair is currently at a little past nose length, which is normally when I get a haircut.

Album link: https://m.imgur.com/a/mvFYb

Comparison link (5 yrs ago): http://imgur.com/wi3Au0A

I am content with having to shave my head eventually, just as long as I have a decent beard first (my dad, brother, etc. can all grow pretty full beards).

**Extra note: Tell me if I'm wrong but puberty initiates more testosterone which can cause hair to begin to thin out if there is a lot present right? I'm in the point of puberty already where I will just grow like 2-3 more inches, maybe have my voice deepen a little, and other small changes (for example I'm like 6'2 so I have already experienced a lot of it). Idk if this stuff matters but it could be helpful

Last edited:

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good to me, it's more like you've got a high forehead but your hairline is pretty solid, which is not surprising for a 15 year old. Be sure to check it out from time to time though, since your genetics seem to be pretty bad.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
No hair loss. I would still monitor your situation every 3 months or so, given that your brother is a NW4 at 21.

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good to me, it's more like you've got a high forehead but your hairline is pretty solid, which is not surprising for a 15 year old. Be sure to check it out from time to time though, since your genetics seem to be pretty bad.
Sounds good, and I do have an above average sized forehead (and head overall).

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You have fine straight hair which will look different than thick wavy or curly hair because it does not occupy as much space per square inch. Look how each hair at the hairline is spaced from each other. On some people the hairs are so close together it looks like a solid wall of hair.

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have fine straight hair which will look different than thick wavy or curly hair because it does not occupy as much space per square inch. Look how each hair at the hairline is spaced from each other. On some people the hairs are so close together it looks like a solid wall of hair.
Yeah, I didn't know if that was natural or something to worry about tbh.

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your brother is Norwood 4-5 at 21? Get on finasteride and rogaine ASAP. Don't make the same mistake I did and think it was just a big forehead or a mature hairline.
Well my forehead is actually big, but I get what you are saying. I also said N4-5 originally because it kind of looks like that on the scale, but he doesn't have a huge bald spot with no hair in it, it's just getting moderately thin above it.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your brother is Norwood 4-5 at 21? Get on finasteride and rogaine ASAP. Don't make the same mistake I did and think it was just a big forehead or a mature hairline.

Yes getting on Finasteride at 14 is a great f*****g idea.

OP, I think you're fine for now.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@younghairquestioner

You're right. In theory, we can go bald at anytime after puberty.

DHT causes our secondary male characteristics.

Besides who needs DHT? Look at all the famous men like Michael Jackson, and Justin Beiber!

Last edited:

younghairquestioner

My Regimen
Reaction score
@younghairquestioner

You're right. In theory, we can go bald at anytime after puberty.

DHT causes our secondary male characteristics.

Besides who needs DHT? Look at all the famous men like Michael Jackson, and Justin Beiber!
True, I was just reffering to the fact that puberty causes hairline maturation but if you're coming to the end of puberty and it isn't progressing it may be over. Idk

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, I was just reffering to the fact that puberty causes hairline maturation but if you're coming to the end of puberty and it isn't progressing it may be over. Idk

WHAT! No, at YOUR AGE, it's FAR FROM OVER. As you can see WRITING IN CAPS MAKES MY POINT MORE
CLEARER!!!!!!

The SIMPLE TRUTH: YOU DON'T NEED DHT. Many MEN HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL without DHT. And they all
HAVE GOOD HAIR!

whacko_jacko.jpg
<<<<< : MICHAEL JACKSON - Before death:

WACKO JACKSON POST MORTEM: With his RESURRECTED CAREER. He resurrected INTO COREY FELDMAN!

whacko_jacko.jpg
cory_feldman_h_2016.jpg

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But he needs dht cause hes 14 unless he wants a little weenie and a baby face.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But he needs dht cause hes 14 unless he wants a little weenie and a baby face.

How do you know it's little. And WHAT'S wrong with THAT !!! It sounds like you HAVE A COMPLEX!!