Am I At Norwood 2? I Just Turned 18, And I'm Really Anxious About My Current State..

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm literally 18 years old, and I've had this hairline since I was 13!!!!!!!!!! can you believe it? !

my hairline hasn't changed one bit during the course of my teenage years..

I'm also on minoxidil, planning on taking proscar/propecia? what are your thoughts on finasteride???

Attachments

• 20180601_190708.jpg
    20180601_190708.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 20180602_175425.jpg
    20180602_175425.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 480
  • 20180602_175437.jpg
    20180602_175437.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 372

Thinlizzy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline no change since 13. Answering your own question. What’s your concerns then? That you have been losing hair since then? Is that possible?

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you are definitely balding, saying you've had the same hairline since 13 is denial imo. There's a lot of thinning
The hairline has stayed in its place without any progress. But thinning overall has been an issue, thus making me go on Minoxidil.

Are the side effects of Propecia going to be noticeable, knowing that I am only 18. I was done with puberty a long time ago, though.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hairline has stayed in its place without any progress. But thinning overall has been an issue, thus making me go on Minoxidil.

Are the side effects of Propecia going to be noticeable, knowing that I am only 18. I was done with puberty a long time ago, though.

how can you tell if you're done with puberty?

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a full beard. My height has been 6'1 for a while, and I have more body hair than a chubaka...

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay.. this is how my hairline looks in person. My hair seems thicker, knowing that I've been on minoxidil for 3 months. That first pics were from 4 months ago

1 prayer for this pooor soul.... e.e so sad... so young too

im only 17.... how sed

Attachments

• 20180608_154312.jpg
    20180608_154312.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 20180608_154240.jpg
    20180608_154240.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 20180608_132616.jpg
    20180608_132616.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay.. this is how my hairline looks in person. My hair seems thicker, knowing that I've been on minoxidil for 3 months. That first pics were from 4 months ago

1 prayer for this pooor soul.... e.e so sad... so young too

im only 17.... how sed
Lol, why are you doing those effeminate poses? Your hair definitely very bad for a 17 year old, you should get on meds.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think your hair looks that bad.. Its not great for 18 but definitely not noticeable. finasteride would be a good idea.

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
YEY!!! A POSITIVE COMMENT!

time to convince my parents to get me proscar..

what do you think of splitting the pills to fourths? I heard it's efficient and cheap.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
for sure you are receding bro .
But when styled it still look great !
take finasteride my man

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah looks like recession. Looks like a NW2 and starting to become diffuse. Just start taking finasteride. It is the active ingredient in propecia - propecia is just the brand name that costs ten times as much for the label. Go see your doctor and ask about it. I have been taking finasteride for years. Its cheap.

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah looks like recession. Looks like a NW2 and starting to become diffuse. Just start taking finasteride. It is the active ingredient in propecia - propecia is just the brand name that costs ten times as much for the label. Go see your doctor and ask about it. I have been taking finasteride for years. Its cheap.
What about the side effects? Let's say if I were to experience them --can I continue the usage of the medicine? I've heard horror stories of guys that still go through the same side effects, even after dropping the med.

I honestly don't mind the side effects, as long as I'd keep my hair for a long time. I don't want to go through university with a hairline of a 40 year old, meanwhile my peers are at Norwood 1. Getting a buzz cut doesn't suit your average joe, and neither will it suit me.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didnt experience side effects. From what I remember reading at some point I am pretty sure the incidence of side effects is really low. Have a look.

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll still be tossing the dice. Wish me luck, and thanks for your kind replies everyone. I'll probably still use the med, even if I were to face some side effects..

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"A long term study showed that drug-related sexual side effects such as decreased libido, ED, and ejaculatory disorders occurred in <2% of men.[10] These side-effects disappeared not only in all men who stopped the drug because of the side effects but also in most of those who continued therapy. The incidence of each side effect mentioned decreased to ≤0.3% by the fifth year of treatment with finasteride. The incidence of side effects were comparable to that of placebo both at one year and at 5 years."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

Lutherpick

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am now relieved :D :D

Will the medication work for a few years? this's my last question

promise xD