Am I a lost cause?

KyleA

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've lurked on here for a long time and I'm just now getting the courage to post.

I just want to know if there's anything that can be done for my severe hair loss. I'm 20 years old (almost 21) and nearly completely bald on top.

Would Rogaine still work? Any stuff like that? I might be able to swing affording those things. Transplants and toupees are out of the question.

Attached is a recent pic of me.

Thanks for any advice!

10247240_10203408286081624_2306268692390562887_n.jpg

I hope I uploaded the picture right. Thanks again!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post pics of crown. From front it appears you are bald beyond the point at which medical treatments will do anything worthwhile. Consider a hair piece, a hair transplant, or just shaving it. I think you would be better off shaving it than leaving it like that provided you don't plan on trying a hair transplant or hairpiece

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
And I thought I had it bad... brother, I feel for you. There really isn't any point in the big 3 at this point because those are designed to save hair that's still on your head, albeit getting thinner. Best advice would be to go full on Patrick Stewart and just rock it. It's better than having that horseshoe of long hair. People are gonna think you're 40, not 20. Even the best hair transplant surgeon would probably have trouble getting you decent coverage at this point unless you can afford like 50 grand and they use chest, beard, and back hair to get you something that would at least look okay at a very short length.

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a lost cause. my hair never got that bad but I bounced back real quick. Your hair loss is extremely aggressive, I would suggest just shaving it and accepting it, but if you really want your hair I think it is possible. You're 20 and there is no way your hair loss started before puberty, so that means it could only have been gone for a max of 5 years. I recently grew back hairs I didn't have for about 4 years.
Follicles that have since stopped producing hair only stay active for about two years after the baldness descends upon them. So even if some of his follicles were still active, at best he could maybe grow back some very thin hairs in certain places, still not enough to get decent coverage, and not nearly enough to go through the daily pain in the *** routine of minoxidil twice a day, finasteride once a day, and keto shampoo several days a week. Don't try to sugarcoat it, without an extensive hair transplant, he's never going to see a lot of hair on the top of your head again.

KyleA

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys! Yes, my hair loss has been extremely aggressive - I noticed frontal thinking at 14. By the time I was 17 I was nearly at this level of baldness. Thanks for the honestly everyone!

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
what beach is that? Looks lovely. Anyways, you could definitely get a hairpiece or something, but you have a nice head shape so I would just shave it all off if I were you. Go for a jason statham type look

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your best bet, if you have a good amount of money...
Get on minoxidil, regimen of propecia or even more extreme dutasteride and oral spironolactone....
And icing on the cake look at copper peptide, labelled as hair signals.

So what you want is
Minoxidil
Propecia
dutasteride
oral spironolactone
copper peptide (brand known as hair signals)
ketoconazole is something also you want to look at.
And then Finally get a hair transplant......

That's what you can do, I wouldn't honestly expect anything if you just go on Propecia and minoxidil. But there is hope for you my son.

Edit: Haha well I don't know why I reccommended any of those things considering you can't afford a hair transplant, no offence but it is pointless hahaha. I agree with other people, just slick bald will do my friend. Good hhead shape.

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy :censored: bro, that hair loss is pretty epic for 20 years old. Uh, well. In all honesty if I were you I would just shave it all off or do scalp micro-pigmentation. A hair transplant for that much loss would cost a fortune. I don't know what to say man, at least your healthy and if you got in good shape you'd still be alright I think.

Johnny Sins 11111.jpg is a p**rn star and get's an insane amount of girls so that proves that hair isn't everything, it's the same case for that felon who was let out of prison for being too attractive, he wasn't totally bald but had some pretty decent recession.

If I were you though, yeah I'd just shave it. Finasteride only works for hair retention and even then it's not 100%

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy :censored: bro, that hair loss is pretty epic for 20 years old. Uh, well. In all honesty if I were you I would just shave it all off or do scalp micro-pigmentation. A hair transplant for that much loss would cost a fortune. I don't know what to say man, at least your healthy and if you got in good shape you'd still be alright I think.

Johnny Sins View attachment 26723 is a p**rn star and get's an insane amount of girls so that proves that hair isn't everything, it's the same case for that felon who was let out of prison for being too attractive, he wasn't totally bald but had some pretty decent recession.

If I were you though, yeah I'd just shave it. Finasteride only works for hair retention and even then it's not 100%
Not trying to be a jerk or anything, dude, but... Johnny Sins gets an insane amount of girls because A) he has a 10 inch penis B) He's in great physical shape C) I don't know if you're familiar with how p**rn works but the girls are paid very well to bang the **** out of the guys. As for that prison mug shot guy, he just happens to have great bone structure that very very few people are born with, so being bald doesn't mean a damn thing when you got cheekbones and a jaw like his. The amount of bald guys -- particularly white guys -- that clean up in the women department are extremely rare sir, so let's not go giving anybody here false hope that once he shaves all his hair off that he'll be knee deep in co-eds by next weekend.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh come on, people come here for support, not for this kind of comments, you have the right to feel bad about yourself but don't bring others down.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
NOTHING gets accomplished when people spread bullsh1t "support" around. What do you want me to say to him ? "Oh don't worry about it just hit the gym and play the guitar and you'll do fine."

Let's face it, this guy has an incredibly hard life ahead of him, filled with embarrassment and hatred, FFS he's only 20 and lost all of his hair. Those are the type of genes you DO NOT spread. Now this once ambitious young man has NOTHING to look forward to, he's going to be mocked everyday of his life and always treated like garbage.

That's no life worth living.

It's just hair..

In my opinion, men who are as insecure as you should be the ones not allowed to breed.

idunnolol

Reaction score
NOTHING gets accomplished when people spread bullsh1t "support" around. What do you want me to say to him ? "Oh don't worry about it just hit the gym and play the guitar and you'll do fine."

Let's face it, this guy has an incredibly hard life ahead of him, filled with embarrassment and hatred, FFS he's only 20 and lost all of his hair. Those are the type of genes you DO NOT spread. Now this once ambitious young man has NOTHING to look forward to, he's going to be mocked everyday of his life and always treated like garbage.

That's no life worth living.

Sounds like SOMEBODY is projecting. I mean to be fair there's prolly not too much that can be done about his hair but there's still no reason to be that bitter about it. My dad lost his hair in his mid-20s and he hasn't suicided yet either.
But hey, if you think that your hair is really just all that one has to live and strive for then that's what I consider even sadder than baldness.
Oh, and baldness gets passed on over your mother's side of the family so feel free to reproduce as you wish.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
It's NOT just hair you dumb f*ck. Are you trying to get some pity rep points from the other delusional baldcels ?

Men "like me" and the rest of us should not be allowed to breed. Why the f*ck would you want to spread this disease ?

Actually, hair is just, well, hair. Why would I care about rep points? Is that some sort of real life currency?

male pattern baldness affects 70-80% of men, that would mean a total death count of around 4.5 billion. Seems a little too drastic for a cosmetic "disease". If you can even call it that.

This is coming from a devout red piller.

idunnolol

Reaction score
This is by far THE WORST time in history to be a balding man. There has never been so much pressure on people to look good. He may not have killed himself in his time but maybe if he grew up in our time things might have been different.

If you are that insecure about it, then yes but then again being this a*** and overly vain has never made anyone get ahead in their life. You are acting as if it wasn't a handicap, which it admittedly can be, but rather rendering you completely hamstrung and crippled

Clearly you don't know f*ck all as it can get passed on from either side of the family.

Ok, to be fair there are hints that it can be passed on over your paternal line aswell but the overwhelming majority of bald people do inherit this trait from their maternal line.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wonder through selective breeding we could kill off the balding gene.
Haha all male pattern baldness sufferers get given tags and are basically forced to into labour camps and are under a strict no breeding policy, or faced with complete extermination of their family.
Followed by extermination of excess baldies such as the NW5+ who are seen as a blight on society. Heil follicle.

Nothing like the Nazis :gay2:

idunnolol

Reaction score
That's what male pattern baldness does, it cripples your looks and destroys any ambition and hope that you once had for life.

You're merely projecting. Again. I'm not saying this should turn into some kinda hugbox/echochamber but there's no need to unnecessarily drag people down just because you're that bitter yourself.
I'd say the "cripples your looks" part is debateable aswell, at least to some extent.

idunnolol

Reaction score
Of course I'm projecting dummy, that's quite obvious.

I don't mean to attack the OP but I want him to know that he's got a very hard life ahead of him regardless of what people tell him.

It doesn't matter if YOU accept your balding because society won't and you'll be treated as much less of a human because of that, if not a rodent.

Sounds like you mostly hang out with retards and got really really unlucky with your friends. I've yet to experience people treat the balding as rodents.
My guess is that it's mostly just in your head and people don't really give too much of damn about the hair you got on your head or rather the hair you don't have on your head.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course I'm projecting dummy, that's quite obvious.

I don't mean to attack the OP but I want him to know that he's got a very hard life ahead of him regardless of what people tell him.

It doesn't matter if YOU accept your balding because society won't and you'll be treated as much less of a human, if not a rodent, because of that.

Then the same could be said on just about anything.

80% of men are genetic trash, that's a fact. That doesn't stop them from reproducing, there are other compensations in today's society besides physical attraction, and that mostly means cash. The current genetic pool is much less selective than it used to be, but that still won't be determinant for our survival, we've already came on top of the food chain. And now you're telling me a balding gene is worthy of suicide? What about women who bald in their 20s (MUCH more common than you think)? Diabetes? Heart disease? Syndromes? Poor eyesight? Dark skin? Small penis? Short stature? Below average intelligence? And the list goes on with unfavorable genomes.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
You completely missed my point. It is NOT normal to be balding in your 20's, those men (us) are genetic trash.

Men who start balding after 35+ are not genetic trash as that's an acceptable age to show signs of hair loss.

You are somehow implying that there is a gene for PREMATURE balding?