Alternative Ways For Accelerating Hair Growth

g.i joey

Reaction score
Op, you'd benefit from cleaning you head up a bit... fade the sides so at least you can create an illusion of having hair up top.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone mentioned earlier in this thread you can try latanoprost or bimatoprost. You can also add caffeine powder to your shampoo.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just realized that my use of minoxidil is pretty much pointless... so i open new thread for my new question..
i am using propecia for thickening up the hair in my head, don't have bald areas but just thinning hairs in various degrees of thinning(from mild to really bad).
i started on propecia a month ago and want to get my hair back to normal without being depended on anything else other than propecia. that why i stopped with that minoxidil sh*t...
what should i do to accelerate my hair growth/thickening and how much would it take(more or less) together with the propecia?. here is a picture of my hair loss: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UlppV-TTULzYCv6tajnuHC7llAA-NUfQ

You should use a caffeine liquid hair thickener, which might help your hair grow faster.

Now that you're on Finasteride, you should restart the Minoxidil, because it won't hurt you.

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Peppermint oil is the closest thing I've found to minoxidil
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/

LSfzDZx.png

In that it works as a true topical(without going systemic), and grows hair faster, and increases hair count.
This was 3% Peppermint Oil vs 3% minoxidil.

Pumpkin Seed Oil and Rosemary Oil have both had results comparable to 2% minoxidil, but Pumpkin Seed Oil only works as a DHT inhibitor once it goes systemic. So it's basically more like a natural Finasteride than it is like minoxidil. Rosemary oil seems to lower PGD2 and works to fight DHT at the follicle level a bit like RU58841. It doesn't really have regrowth properties like minoxidil. So far, Peppermint oil is the only thing I've seen that works aside from DHT inhibition.

I believe pumpkin seed oil or rosemary oil would have limited impact for someone already on finasteride. But Peppermint Oil should still provide additional benefit.