Alternative Ways For Accelerating Hair Growth

cyclonite

My Regimen
Reaction score
just realized that my use of minoxidil is pretty much pointless... so i open new thread for my new question..
i am using propecia for thickening up the hair in my head, don't have bald areas but just thinning hairs in various degrees of thinning(from mild to really bad).
i started on propecia a month ago and want to get my hair back to normal without being depended on anything else other than propecia. that why i stopped with that minoxidil sh*t...
what should i do to accelerate my hair growth/thickening and how much would it take(more or less) together with the propecia?. here is a picture of my hair loss: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UlppV-TTULzYCv6tajnuHC7llAA-NUfQ

thinman93

My Regimen
Reaction score
very similar to my hair except im not as frizzy as you. If I part my head in any section(vertical), the parting line is rather big. not sure why you stopped minoxidil though unless youre in some financial constraints. Even then, you can just get a generic brand. You might lose a bit from stopping it as you won't know whether it had some positive effects on your hair.

if you can, I'd just say to stay on min unless your 1000% sure it has no effect.
I got a question though, is your hair strand naturally on the finer side or are they thick?

cyclonite

My Regimen
Reaction score
very similar to my hair except im not as frizzy as you. If I part my head in any section(vertical), the parting line is rather big. not sure why you stopped minoxidil though unless youre in some financial constraints. Even then, you can just get a generic brand. You might lose a bit from stopping it as you won't know whether it had some positive effects on your hair.

if you can, I'd just say to stay on min unless your 1000% sure it has no effect.
I got a question though, is your hair strand naturally on the finer side or are they thick?
i stopped with the minoxidil cause from what i understood the results from minoxidil can't be maintained with propecia alone and i don't want to keep using minoxidil for the rest of my life... after the regrowth i want to keep my hair normal and healthy with propecia alone. i am looking for some other treatment that can help me accelerate the regrowth without losing what i got after stopping with it.

i didn't understood your question. English is only my second language.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you mean you don't have any bald areas. half your head is pretty much bald man. :(

cyclonite

My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you mean you don't have any bald areas. half your head is pretty much bald man. :(

i meant that there are still hairs there and not that they are normal or something like that. its relevant cause from what i read if the area is completely bald(no hair at all) its much more hard to regrow it.

Last edited:

cyclonite

My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone have a suggestion for me please? i am really depressed since what i discovered about minoxidil and really need to know about other things i can do to restore my hair to its normal state.
i really want to have a normal haircut without looking like i am loosing hair...

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what? i still have hair there, i mean like in every square millimeter and even in the hairline area i have thin long(relatively to a hair in that condition) hair there that can be thicken.
On the bright side you're probably close to your final hair loss pattern, I really think a transplant would do you well. Wait a year or so and see what propecia and minoxidil do. Could save you some grafts. Don't expect to grow a full head of hair man.

cyclonite

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the bright side you're probably close to your final hair loss pattern, I really think a transplant would do you well. Wait a year or so and see what propecia and minoxidil do. Could save you some grafts. Don't expect to grow a full head of hair man.
i think you assume its receding hair line that just advanced to the middle of my head, all the thinning happened at once didn't got completely bald in those areas. i still have hair in my hairline(checked it many times) and the rest of my head, its simply got thinner.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps the direct answer for him is there are no other clinically proven alternatives to minoxidil. Just stay on the propecia for three more months and let us know how it has worked. Post some pictures then too. Best of Luck.

cyclonite

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps the direct answer for him is there are no other clinically proven alternatives to minoxidil. Just stay on the propecia for three more months and let us know how it has worked. Post some pictures then too. Best of Luck.
looks like dutasteride is my only option in having any good improvement in the near future. i will add dutasteride for my propecia regiment and in the future i may post some more pictures of my "garbage" again.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
High dosages of Minoxidil and Latanoprost are VERY GOOD at growing hair fast.

It's the truth. Might not be good for baldness, but they definitely can grow hair faster.

cyclonite

My Regimen
Reaction score
its ok not believing me that my hairline didn't receded and that i still have hair in the affected areas(completely understandable even though i am not the only one who didn't had the usual balding in the hairline and have thinning hair over the rest of the head instead).
its also ok to think that my hair in general is weird(i don't neglect my hair or something i grew it that way to cover my thinning areas and it looks way better after i use really good shampoo that makes my hair less curly) but i really don't get the attitude about it...

cyclonite

My Regimen
Reaction score
High dosages of Minoxidil and Latanoprost are VERY GOOD at growing hair fast.

It's the truth. Might not be good for baldness, but they definitely can grow hair faster.
thanks for the help but i already decided to add some dutasteride for my propecia regiment instead of minoxidil which makes you pretty much depended on it.

Athlete1987

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One option is a quality ECDY Supplement. Lots of feedback on them growing hair and nails faster. I’ve used one myself and it works to improve recovery but I noticed faster hair and nail growth too (guessing 25% faster).

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone have a suggestion for me please? i am really depressed since what i discovered about minoxidil and really need to know about other things i can do to restore my hair to its normal state.
i really want to have a normal haircut without looking like i am loosing hair...

Just use both (Finasteride) and Minoxidil.

You said you got terminal hair from it. So, just continue it.

Unless it's for financial reasons, why not? It won't accelerate baldness, just
a one time shed.