alternative to just for men Hair dye

Khan2020

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend an alternative to just for men hair dye as i have become allergic to it recently?
Thanks

Noah

Reaction score
I haven't had to do this yet, but what I have been told is that the key thing is to go for a tint, rather than a dye. There are dozens of widely available brands. Tints add a transparent layer of colour, but the variations of your natural colour are still visible through it, so the end result looks natural. Dyes apply an opaque uniform layer of colour over everything, so all the hairs end up exactly the same colour, which does not look natural, especially if you are a mature man, with occasional grey hairs etc.

That said, this gentleman has got a nice undetectable result using Just for Slimeballs - a "Black Friday" special at $1.99.

IMG_9185.jpg

Reactions: TEG

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been thinking about dying my own biohair for quite a while now to match the stock color of an arriving hair system. I currently have black hair, but it is not quite jet black #1 as the hair system I ordered. Would buying Just For Men Jet Black and dying the biohairs in my sides help color match it to the stock unit?

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't had to do this yet, but what I have been told is that the key thing is to go for a tint, rather than a dye. There are dozens of widely available brands. Tints add a transparent layer of colour, but the variations of your natural colour are still visible through it, so the end result looks natural. Dyes apply an opaque uniform layer of colour over everything, so all the hairs end up exactly the same colour, which does not look natural, especially if you are a mature man, with occasional grey hairs etc.

That said, this gentleman has got a nice undetectable result using Just for Slimeballs - a "Black Friday" special at $1.99.

View attachment 151607
Just for slimeballs-U made me laugh so hard!!

Khan2020

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 151607
Thank you for your input. Helpful as alway

Would you recommend something like back2natural conditioner?

Noah

Reaction score
Back2Natural is great, but it is intended for the hairpiece rather than your biohair.

Noah

Reaction score
As I said, I haven't had to do this (yet!), but the brand I have heard others mention is Clairol Nice'n'Easy.

Noah

Reaction score
The best way is to pin your unit to a polystyrene wig head, then hang the head up-side-down over the bath or sink and comb the tint onto the hair. Then the tint and the rinse water drip down into the sink, and not onto your base.