Already on finasteride. Need advice on whether or not I should add nizoral and min?

headache2015

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 4.5 months now and have had on and off sheds. Hair loss is slowing but no thickening of thin hair yet. would it hurt if I add min and nizoral for the big 3 this late into my finasteride regimen. Or should I give finasteride more time before adding to my regimen?

hmm

Established Member
Reaction score
You can give nizoral a try but be careful it is harsh on the scalp it's not for everyone.

4.5 months is nothing, I would give finasteride a minimum of a year and evaluate at that time before adding Minoxidil. It's a huge pain in the *** to apply daily and the results are minimal for most.

headache2015

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the advice. I've only noticed a slow down of hair loss from finasteride though and the top is all thinner so I am starting to think ill need a more aggressive regimen and fight through initial shed of minoxidil.

Samcro95

Reaction score
I use regenpure instead of nizoral it has keto in it just like Nizoral but it has more natural ingredients that are good for your hair it doesn't have all this harsh chemicals like Nizoral, ever since I started using it my hair looks a lot better.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say definite add minoxidil finasteride is a good maintainer but if you want good regrowth you'll need minoxidil . When it's combined with finasteride it's ace.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say definite add minoxidil finasteride is a good maintainer but if you want good regrowth you'll need minoxidil . When it's combined with finasteride it's ace.

Technically both finasteride and minoxidil can work on miniaturised (thinning) hair - but it seems Minoxidil is better particularly if you have a lot of thin areas. finasteride is more to maintain your healthy hair. Response is always individual though. Maybe give finasteride 6-12 months before thinking of Minoxidil but sounds like you will need it.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no such thing as too late for minoxidil/nizoral, it's not like its going to mess up what your finasteride is currently doing. you may experience a shed, but that's temporary so just stick it out.

if you are currently still experiencing loss i would 100% add minoxidil/finasteride and consider changing to dutasteride if you haven't seen results at the 1 year mark.

headache2015

Reaction score
Thanks guys. These were all helpful responses. I think I'm definitely gonna start minoxidil this week. The only thing holding me back is my hair shedding on the treatment and then not growing back. So far that's what's happened with finasteride.