Allergy Or Side Effect From Toppik ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi, after the application after several hours i notice my eyelids a bit swollen and my nose too.
The next day the same. I have sleep with it in my head. Than i get a shower and sleep a couple of hours and my eyelids and nose are almost recover. The swelling wasnt big but i can notice the difference.
I havent any sides in the scalp.

I dont know if its an allergic reaction or maybe i touched my hairs with the product and than my face and this cause irritation ?

Another question is : the chemicals in toppik just stays in the scalp or they can be absorbed and travel in the body ( like a medication ?

Last edited:

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
It is possible that you could have an allergic reaction. You should stop using it until you consult with a dermatologist. Bring the toppik bottle with you, and any shampoos you are using, to the dermatologist.

In the meantime use an oral antihistamine, like claritin during the day (non-drowsy), and benadryl if you can tolerate being sleepy. It's nothing to mess around with as you could be having a precursor to a serious reaction.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi, after the application after several hours i notice my eyelids a bit swollen and my nose too.
The next day the same. I have sleep with it in my head. Than i get a shower and sleep a couple of hours and my eyelids and nose are almost recover. The swelling wasnt big but i can notice the difference.
I havent any sides in the scalp.

I dont know if its an allergic reaction or maybe i touched my hairs with the product and than my face and this cause irritation ?

Another question is : the chemicals in toppik just stays in the scalp or they can be absorbed and travel in the body ( like a medication ?
Yes, i believe it can, esp when your hair gets wet and the oily/waxy substance in the fibres enter the bloodstream. I put my PVCS down to Beaver fibers causing them. Beaver has formaldehyde in it.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have tried again and it seems my nose get more swollen. Not sure if its my sugestion or not..

Does it really possible that can penetrat the skin and give me systemic allergic simptoms ? I havent any rash or irritation in the scalp..

Fuc.k i cant use minoxidil because im allergic to it and now even toppik.. this is a death sentence!!

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s not a matter of it being absorbed in to the skin, per se. You could be allergic to substances making contact with your skin.

Contact dermatitis can be caused by abrasion by a material or subtance (like polyester) OR a chemical your skin reacts to.

You could also be inhaling it up you nose. If you are allergic, then even a small amount may cause a reaction.

A dermatological allergy patch test would confirm it.

You could try other concealers like nanogen, caboki or dermmatch. You may not react to those.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It’s not a matter of it being absorbed in to the skin, per se. You could be allergic to substances making contact with your skin.

Contact dermatitis can be caused by abrasion by a material or subtance (like polyester) OR a chemical your skin reacts to.

You could also be inhaling it up you nose. If you are allergic, then even a small amount may cause a reaction.

A dermatological allergy patch test would confirm it.

You could try other concealers like nanogen, caboki or dermmatch. You may not react to those.

Yes inhaling the stuff and than reacting is an option..
However when im putting it in my hairs i cover my nose and part of my face with a piece of paper and than i wash my hands and face.

An allergy patch would be negative since some toppik is in direct contact with my skin for 1or 2 days specially in my almost bald temples and there isnt any sign of inflammation or rash..

I should try with caboki..i read its more natural

zinny999

Reaction score
Yes, i believe it can, esp when your hair gets wet and the oily/waxy substance in the fibres enter the bloodstream. I put my PVCS down to Beaver fibers causing them. Beaver has formaldehyde in it.
I think your skin is actually your best defence, so if Toppik can penetrate past it your'e fucked every possible way.

**Microorganisms that live all over your skin can't get through your skin unless it's broken. The first line of defence (or outside defence system) **

However inhaling it completely different thing.

Last edited:

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

So i tried a couples of times again ( only in the weekends) and still the same sh*t: my nose is swollen after i put the toppik in my head.
When i wash it out my nose return normal after.

I havent any itching or rash in my scalp neither in my hands which i use to style.

I really dont understand why this happens.

Maybe when i touch my hairs some get in my hands and than i touch my nose and the contact give some kind of irritation ?