Allergen Seti Trial Results Have Been Posted

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you do realize that 1/12 or 2/12 is statistically very unworthy, it basically tells you nothing. if you look closely it's always 1/12. wouldn't be surprised if it was just one guy lol. in any case it's statistically irrelevant and one person can change 10% which is insane

of course such numbers are irrelevant statistically speaking; but 0/12 testicular pain is quite relevant for me since I had a blatant testicular pain and numb penis with only topical finasteride believe it or not. I guess I'm amongst the unlucky ones ; )

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this quote that was posted by another user about another study (I can't find the study) tells us why Fevi won't work either
.Apparently it is from a study published February 2019
"It has been suggested that inhibitors of PTGDR2 may reverse hair growth through inhibition by PGD2 activity[6]. A multicenter, randomized, double -blind, placebo -controlled, Phase 2A study of setipiprant (oral PTGD2 receptor antagonist) 500 mg tablets BID in Androgenetic Alopecia is being performed (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02781311). It is interesting that this receptor is not overexpressed in our patients. Perhaps research on treatment should focus on drugs that target PTGDS activity and not PTGDR2."

It was a joke. Even if fevi is “10 times stronger”, 0x10 is still 0.

CB is the only thing worth mentioning in the next 5 years. I’m not even sure why I’m here.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this quote that was posted by another user about another study (I can't find the study) tells us why Fevi won't work either
.Apparently it is from a study published February 2019
"It has been suggested that inhibitors of PTGDR2 may reverse hair growth through inhibition by PGD2 activity[6]. A multicenter, randomized, double -blind, placebo -controlled, Phase 2A study of setipiprant (oral PTGD2 receptor antagonist) 500 mg tablets BID in Androgenetic Alopecia is being performed (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02781311). It is interesting that this receptor is not overexpressed in our patients. Perhaps research on treatment should focus on drugs that target PTGDS activity and not PTGDR2."

If you believe in pgd2 angle could explain why cetirizine worked as this had a different mechanism of action. Also, not sure if OC000459 inhibits same or different receptor?

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you believe in pgd2 angle could explain why cetirizine worked as this had a different mechanism of action. Also, not sure if OC000459 inhibits same or different receptor?

Hello, I am not sure exactly what you are asking. Cetirizine has been shown to somewhat inhibit PGD2. It does not inhibit the CRTH2/GPR44 receptor like Setipiprant, Fevipiprant, and OC000459 do. Or it at least has not been shown to do that. Some people also believe cetirizine increases PGE2. This is one way it may grow hair. I will also note that cetirzine has many different ways it could work to grow hair. It is effective in some forms of alopecia areata, so maybe it has some mechanism that has nothing to do with prostaglandins to grow hair. Sorry if I did not answer your question. I am not an expert.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that’s really sad, when I first began to lose my hair in 2017 and found this forum, there were so many possible treatments that it seemed like it was just a matter of waiting for them to come out and cure ourselves. Everyone was excited about the future. Yet now this sub is kinda dead with not much news going on here. I was really excited back then that I thought I would never have to take finasteride I just needed to be patient and not mess my hormones with finasteride... Now I’m taking finasteride daily and Dutasteride weekly.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Silver lining: You may be able to get SwissTemples and Westonci-tier results by skipping PGD2 inhibition. All aboard the PGE2 and needling train.
I agree maybe pge2 and needling can be a better solution without pgd2 inhibition.

To get pge2 easiest way is sunburn ! But seem we also need to stop fish oil ???https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7561154/

I was reading pge2 peaks 12 hours after an exposure. so basically that would mean needling the morning after yesterday's sunburn ! Probably when the sun burn is most sensitive .. let those little hairs explode lol

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree maybe pge2 and needling can be a better solution without pgd2 inhibition.

To get pge2 easiest way is sunburn ! But seem we also need to stop fish oil ???https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7561154/

I was reading pge2 peaks 12 hours after an exposure. so basically that would mean needling the morning after yesterday's sunburn ! Probably when the sun burn is most sensitive .. let those little hairs explode lol
Here a new hairloss study says fish oil can speed up hair growth more than minoxidil ! How can that be if it also inhibits phew
https://www.nutraingredients-asia.c...-hair-loss-treatment-South-Korean-mouse-study

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Allergan which has Botox, Coolsculpt, Kybella is a serious biotech company.
This substance taken orally doesn’t do a damn thing.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I used seti for a long time now. It was never meant for regrowth alone. It is to stop inflammation, subsequent shedding and increase hair diameter. This study did show that patients didn't lose ground. For regrowth, you HAVE wound+WNT(LiCl). Fevi is still on the table for me.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I used seti for a long time now. It was never meant for regrowth alone. It is to stop inflammation, subsequent shedding and increase hair diameter. This study did show that patients didn't lose ground. For regrowth, you HAVE wound+WNT(LiCl). Fevi is still on the table for me.

Well we know that seti will never be something mass produced and if you want to use it you are dependent on Chinese labs which is never optimal

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate to say I told-you-so regarding wesconti's SETI experiment. I've said this a thousand times it seems, inhibitors do not cause regrowth and never will.

Tretinoin (Retin-A) inhibits PGD2 by binding onto PTGDS and is probably why it has observed to make Minoxidil work better. Retinal (but not Retinol) also binds onto PTGDS but I don't think anyone has every tried it but maybe I will if I can get my hands on some as it is not as potent on skin as Tretinoin. I doubt there will be much commercial research however as both can't be patented.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats not how it works though, finasteride i also a maintenance drug but in some people thats enough for follicles to regenerate themselves. even if seti would ensure maintenance you would have had to observe an increase in hair count because some people hair would have regenerated(if you assume that the pdg thing is true and just a one lower on the androgenic action path). it MIGHT be that it can do something very minor especially when it's over expressed which is suposednyl only the case in some people. maybe it works for some but I don't think it's worth buying right now

Yes, you are correct. I did expect some regrowth on seti alone. Makes me think if stronger fevi will be worth at all.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

Are not good news, of course, but not that bad. Why ? Because Setipiprant failed in every single clinical trial. It failed on Asthma, it Failed on Rhinitis and it failed on Androgenetic Alopecia .
Setipiprant is simple too week. I am not telling that Fevipiprant will work for sure , but, Fevipiprant works amazing on Asthma while Setipiprant don't .

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What have you done that had killed your itchy scalp?

What have I not. So
  • hydrocortisone a couple times/week
  • Regenepure 2 times a week
  • Dermarolling helps a little bit I think
  • Washing hair with shampoo almost everyday, especially if I go to the gym
  • Omega-3 & perilla leaves from Somebody’s method.
  • Egg white mask for an hour once per week if itch is really bad. I’ve stopped doing this.
  • I forgot: coal tar shampoo once in a while
If you’re scared of cortisone, maybe try salicylic acid. I believe hydrocortisone is ok a couple of times a week, but it won’t be magic.