Allergen Seti Trial Results Have Been Posted

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aaaand it failed. Get on the dutasteride children.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/results/NCT02781311
Welp, now we know. Hate that we can’t compare this to finasteride. After reading the results, there still could have been some slight chance this is beneficial for maintenance. However, between the study’s length and dropping finasteride we will never know.

Feel terrible for those who paid tons of money for this stuff.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride Group: Testicular pain 0/12, Libido decreased 2/12. Interesting isn't it?

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Silver lining: You may be able to get SwissTemples and Westonci-tier results by skipping PGD2 inhibition. All aboard the PGE2 and needling train.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, that Placebo drug really messed up some folk. Two guys got testicular pain, another poor sod got Bronchitis and three people got the flu.

Guess we need to careful and watch out for any sides with that one. Definitely has me wary of trying it.
The mind is a powerful thing, if you look at finasteride study, wasn't much difference between placebo and drug for sexual sides.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who don't want to scroll through the clinical trials website, here are the (non) results:
Same change in hair counts between Placebo and 2 g Setipiprant daily for 6 months.

upload_2019-4-5_17-23-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-5_17-19-27.png
    upload_2019-4-5_17-19-27.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 202

Bushi

Reaction score
1g of Seti. It says 2x 500mg tablets. Not that it would change anything. Even if they would give them 5g, it still would do sh*t.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, that Placebo drug really messed up some folk. Two guys got testicular pain, another poor sod got Bronchitis and three people got the flu.

Guess we need to careful and watch out for any sides with that one. Definitely has me wary of trying it.

Says it all, doesn’t it. Take peoples’ anecdotes with a pinch of salt.

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
It is quite unreal how it did nothing, given paper study used it on human follicles and it worked. I wonder if it being in pill form had an impact, as in paper it was applied directly. I wonder if a good cream version that guarantees delivery to the follicle will work, but I guess we will never know now

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it seems that ex-vivo testing with human follicles is not as good as one could consider.
sandalore and cm-3 show notorius growth ex-vivo, but in vivo...... we don't know.
also we will never know if seti works as a topical, exactly like ketoconazole.
at least we know that there's no point on using an oral route.

what impresses me the most is that the placebo group regrew hair, meaning that Androgenetic Alopecia is not
straightforward progressive , it's more like waves of devastation and slight recovery

Last edited:

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a lot of us saw this coming, but were hoping for a miracle. All of that hype for nothing. Sorry everyone )=

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1g of Seti. It says 2x 500mg tablets. Not that it would change anything. Even if they would give them 5g, it still would do sh*t.

Sorry, but I believe it says "Setipiprant, 1000 mg (2 x 500 mg) tablets, orally, BID at 12-hour intervals for 24 weeks."

BID stands for "bis in die" and is medical terminology for twice daily dosage.

What the description says is that the patient gets 500 mg pills, and has to take two of them to get the correct dose of 1g, and has to dose twice a day, twelve hours apart between doses.

So to be clear, it is indeed 2 g of Seti per day.

But I agree with your sentiment on how utterly ineffective it appears despite the hype.

Last edited:

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t worry guys, fevipiprant is much stronger.
I think this quote that was posted by another user about another study (I can't find the study) tells us why Fevi won't work either
.Apparently it is from a study published February 2019
"It has been suggested that inhibitors of PTGDR2 may reverse hair growth through inhibition by PGD2 activity[6]. A multicenter, randomized, double -blind, placebo -controlled, Phase 2A study of setipiprant (oral PTGD2 receptor antagonist) 500 mg tablets BID in Androgenetic Alopecia is being performed (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02781311). It is interesting that this receptor is not overexpressed in our patients. Perhaps research on treatment should focus on drugs that target PTGDS activity and not PTGDR2."