All Of My Hair Is Going So Fast. Someone Please Help (pics)

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair has gone from thick and good shape to absolute sh*t over the past 6 months. My hair line receded 1.5 inches and is starting to go to toward the middle. I probably lost 50/60% of the hair on the top of my head during the past three months.

Ive been on finasteride for 3 months and rogaine for 6 months.

Ever since I started treatment its gone to sh*t. Could Rogaine be casuing this loss?

I didnt start taking pictures until a month ago but here are the most recent.

Shave it. You'll look great.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has gone from thick and good shape to absolute sh*t over the past 6 months. My hair line receded 1.5 inches and is starting to go to toward the middle. I probably lost 50/60% of the hair on the top of my head during the past three months.

Ive been on finasteride for 3 months and rogaine for 6 months.

Ever since I started treatment its gone to sh*t. Could Rogaine be casuing this loss?

I didnt start taking pictures until a month ago but here are the most recent.
I strongly believe minoxidil is causing my dread shed. I lose 150 - 200 hairs a day and its been that way for over 5 months. I'm slowly weening off it now I hope that will help. Maybe you should do the same?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I strongly believe minoxidil is causing my dread shed. I lose 150 - 200 hairs a day and its been that way for over 5 months. I'm slowly weening off it now I hope that will help. Maybe you should do the same?

What purpose does slowly taper of from minoxidil do? Either you use it or you stop, no?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20180502_233705.jpg
    IMG_20180502_233705.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 843
  • IMG_20180502_233803.jpg
    IMG_20180502_233803.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 796

Worriedbaldo

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy your hair looks fantastic I think that other user, while being harsh, may be slightly right.

I wouldn’t worry about your hair, I’m 19 and mine is worse than yours. It doesn’t even look like you have a receding hairline. It’s uniformly thick too

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy your hair looks fantastic I think that other user, while being harsh, may be slightly right.

I wouldn’t worry about your hair, I’m 19 and mine is worse than yours. It doesn’t even look like you have a receding hairline. It’s uniformly thick too
Are you crazy? The red line represents where my hairline was only 2 years ago. I use a daily thickening shampoo which literally doubles my density so it looks even worse without it. Also post pics of your hair, I find it hard to believe that yours is worse than mine.

As you can see my hairline has noticeably receded in only 2 years. Before treatment my hairline was mostly fine (NW1.5) and my only problem area was the temples. Since starting finasteride my temples have completely disappeared and my hairline is now receding dramatically quick. I'm not sure why you guys think I dont have hair problems when I'm struggling to keep my my current hairstyle due to my bangs getting too thin and wispy.

Attachments

• IMG_20180517_124254.jpg
    IMG_20180517_124254.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_20180517_124122.jpg
    IMG_20180517_124122.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 547

Worriedbaldo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you crazy? The red line represents where my hairline was only 2 years ago. I use a daily thickening shampoo which literally doubles my density so it looks even worse without it. Also post pics of your hair, I find it hard to believe that yours is worse than mine.

As you can see my hairline has noticeably receded in only 2 years. Before treatment my hairline was mostly fine (NW1.5) and my only problem area was the temples. Since starting finasteride my temples have completely disappeared and my hairline is now receding dramatically quick. I'm not sure why you guys think I dont have hair problems when I'm struggling to keep my my current hairstyle due to my bangs getting too thin and wispy.

I’m not crazy haha, your hairline, while slightly receded, is completely uniformly thick and doesn’t show signs of going further. It honestly looks like a mature hairline to me. If it was down where you said it used to be, that would mean you weren’t even on the Norwood scale. That’s a juvenile hairline. My GUESS is that you saw the thinning of your juvenile hairline up to the Mature hairline and thought it was general balding thinning.

I guess at the end of the day you know your hair best, but just based on those pictures I personally think you’ve got nothing to worry about. I don’t mean to challenge you or anything

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not crazy haha, your hairline, while slightly receded, is completely uniformly thick and doesn’t show signs of going further. It honestly looks like a mature hairline to me. If it was down where you said it used to be, that would mean you weren’t even on the Norwood scale. That’s a juvenile hairline. My GUESS is that you saw the thinning of your juvenile hairline up to the Mature hairline and thought it was general balding thinning.

I guess at the end of the day you know your hair best, but just based on those pictures I personally think you’ve got nothing to worry about. I don’t mean to challenge you or anything
Definitely not a mature hairline. Given the fact my camera isn't good you can't see my hairline in detail. Its thinning towards the forelock now which wasn't the case before. I hope my treatments will eventually reverse this. Also a juvenile hairline is an upside down U shape, mine was a wide V shape (NW1.5) I lost my juvenile hairline when I was like 12.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What purpose does slowly taper of from minoxidil do? Either you use it or you stop, no?

None.

It's really stupid for most people to quit.

Unfortunately, they get a little shedding, which is a one time thing.

It's nowhere near as good as Finasteride, and of course the effects aren't permanent.

That said, we should use everything we can. Even shrinking hair follicles have a better shot
of being revived with a growth agent.

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy: your density is great, especially on the side of your head and on the back. so even with worst case scenario: you have great donor areas :).
but seriously, if you can maintain your status with finasteride, your hair still look damn good.

regarding minoxidil: unfortunatelly i too made rather bad expierence. im not only receeding, im also a heavy diffuse thinner. nevertheless, i tried minoxidil on my temples and - i n m y o p i n i o n - it destroyed a big part of them.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy: your density is great, especially on the side of your head and on the back. so even with worst case scenario: you have great donor areas :).
but seriously, if you can maintain your status with finasteride, your hair still look damn good.

regarding minoxidil: unfortunatelly i too made rather bad expierence. im not only receeding, im also a heavy diffuse thinner. nevertheless, i tried minoxidil on my temples and - i n m y o p i n i o n - it destroyed a big part of them.

There's just a one time initial shed. That will go away, and after that, no more shedding.

My son felt the same way. No, I'm trying to convince him of Finasteride. My wife isn't on board with that (he
is under 18).

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I need this in my life. What shampoo are you using?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

I know this is late but my sides and back are not great as I have retrograde alopecia. You can't really tell from those pics due to bad camera but I am actually not a suitable hair transplant candidate due to my young age,poor donor and non responsiveness to medication.. It really sucks. Blows my mind how most people on here don't see it. Sometimes I get guys with NW1 on here saying my hair looks great when they think they are balding badly lmao. This website is fucked.

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
hey Andy,
i thought you said that you might begin to think that finasteride is starting to work for you?
oh and btw: i didnt want to bother you....your hair looked just thick in these pictures....

my hairloss is going worse. im losing so much hair....my front is thinning, cant even make side parting without a ton of hair product, because the few hairs left wont stay without hair product.
i never wanted to use dutasterid....but maybe its my last shot.

Last edited: