All dutasteride Users !

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Just as I suspected, our follicles are being attacked by tiny red creatures... but why is there a sperm watching?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
mbehr22 said:
thanks guys

aplunk,

did you get overall regrowth?

how about your temples?

im thinning on top - all over - and losing it a bit in the temples

Here is Aplunk1's Story Thread:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... nk1s+story

Here is Aplunk1's 1-Year Avodart Success Page:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... ar+avodart

Here is Aplunk1's 10-Month Results:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... ed+avodart

Here is the Just Started Avodart thread:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... ed+avodart

And here is my personal hairloss website:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/aplunk1/

I'll let you decide if I had any results.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score

Aplunk

I really appreciate you taking the time to post these links.

THANKS!

Im on month #1 (just starting mo 2 tomorrow) on dutasteride and am really looking forward to what it can do ...

My question to you is what caused your regrowth in your opinion? You have a lot of elements at play ... do you think one treatment option did more for you than another?

Im hoping the dutasteride in enough for me.

I was a Norwood 0 3 years ago ... I guess the gradual loss over that time - since mid 2004 i guess - just caught me off guard

Im now about a NW1.5 and would like to reverse the overall thinning of the top of my head, along with temple regrwth...

good luck to you and your continued success

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
about 3 weeks shy of 3 months on 0.5 mg dutasteride every other day.
i was going through the worst shed this summer and i started dutasteride, i dont know if the shed stopped due to the dutasteride or if it was supposed to since i'd been shedding 2 months straight , clogging the sink everyday.

at the moment, shedding 20 hair or so a day. Sometimes vellus.

hair seems to be growing thinner.

how long does it take for a shed hair to start growing back? 3-4 months?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ya first few months are the hardest on dutasteride cuz of that inital shed.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe thats my prob

been on finasteride for 9 monsth, then made the switch to dutasteride ... 1mg to .5, repsectively

im finishing up month 2 of dutasteride right now

the only thing this drug has done is make me lose more hairs ... im noticalby thnner all over my head.

the dutasteride better kick in soon. i can see scalp now with dry hair. it used to be only with wet.

HOW MUCH LONGER?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Give it at least a year before you pass judgment on it.

It takes a long time to start working-- more than 2 months.

And in response to your earlier post (sorry, I just came across it), I feel that dutasteride is responsible for most of my total hair regrowth. Things have come and gone from my regimen, but dutasteride has been its staple, and I feel that this has given me the best results. Of course, spironolactone lotion and copper peptides did some decent thickening/regrowth at the temples and front.

Goodluck to you.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
whats the deal with copper peptides?

is it a topical or a pill?

why do you use it for the temples?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
Just as I suspected, our follicles are being attacked by tiny red creatures... but why is there a sperm watching?

Teh funneh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right, well I'm taking 2.5mg dutasteride a day and have been for about three weeks. I was on finasteride for 3 and a half months before that and I have regrown a bit, along with minoxidil/nizoral/tricomin/etc. and the quality of my hair is a lot better.

Don't think that's from the dutasteride though. Will keep everyone posted.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
stampede said:
Slartibartfast said:

Right, well I'm taking 2.5mg dutasteride a day and have been for about three weeks. I was on finasteride for 3 and a half months before that and I have regrown a bit, along with minoxidil/nizoral/tricomin/etc. and the quality of my hair is a lot better.

2.5 mg?

so you are taking 5 dutasteride pills a day?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mbehr22 said:
stampede said:
Slartibartfast said:

2.5 mg?

Yup

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
stampede said:
mbehr22 said:
stampede said:
Slartibartfast said:

2.5 mg?

Yup

U really hate yourself so much, don't ya?

antonio666

Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:
stampede said:
mbehr22 said:
stampede said:
Slartibartfast said:

2.5 mg?

Yup

male pattern baldness is all about genetics

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
I_Hate_DHT said:
stampede said:
mbehr22 said:
stampede said:
[quote="Slartibartfast":b6b50]Just as I suspected, our follicles are being attacked by tiny red creatures... but why is there a sperm watching?

2.5 mg?

Yup

male pattern baldness is all about genetics[/quote:b6b50]

nope

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
STFU retard and get a life... :D

your sig is too gay. :roll:

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow, someone is in a bad mood today...

Wassup, dude? You having a shed?

As for hating myself, WTF? I like myself and like my hair so am doing what I can to keep it and maybe even regrow some.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
yep, you are very smart by taking 2.5 of dutasteride every day... :lol:

norwood 3V.. well, you must be in real bad mood man..

don't hate us for your own frustration and get some help..

call 911 now. :roll:

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
Dosage: 0.5 mg Avodart Every Other Day
Duration: 3 Months
Had used finasteride 1 mg for 2 years before that, was going through a terrible shed this summer (i do every year but this time was too bad)

2-2.5 months into dutasteride my shedding has been reduced from around 70 hair a day (used to clog the drain everytime i'd wash) to around 2-3 hair a day.

though i dont know whether its the dutasteride that caused the reduction in shedding, or if it was bound to stop itself since i'd been shedding for about 2 months.

Side Effects: IMMENSE amount of brainfog!! and by immense i mean it scares me at times how incredibly absent minded i've become from what my friends would describe one of the sharpest guys they knew. Libido Before Medication : 8/10, Libido on propecia 1 mg everyday: 5/10, Libido on dutasteride every other day: 3.5 - 4 /10 ...