All dutasteride Users !

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
Please post here on your dosage, how long you've been on dutasteride, at what time it kicked in and if its still working for you at the moment. I'll start..

Usage: 1 Month.
Dosage: 0.5 mg every other day.
Kicked In: Too Early to take effect.
Maintained/Regrowth? : N/A

HughJass

Reaction score
I'll have to do mine in three sections

2003-mid 2004
Usage: ~1.5 years (GSK Avodart from QHI & Melonipharma)
Dosage: 0.5 mg every day.
Kicked In: Very quickly, within a week or two
Maintained/Regrowth? : regrowth

mid 2004- mid 2006
Usage: ~2 years (Dr Reddys Dutas from UP)
Dosage: 0.5 mg every day leading up to 1mg a day
Kicked In: not sure
Maintained/Regrowth? : hair gradually got worse

mid 2006- present
Usage: nearly 1 year (GSK Avodart from Melonipharma)
Dosage: 0.5 mg every other day.
Kicked In: Immediate shedding, stablized after 12 weeks
Maintained/Regrowth? : maintained only

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
Dutas since 9/06
Dosage .5mg/daily
Saw some awesome regrowth within a few months.
9 months into dutas, nasty shed, still going :(

still taking dutas.. but i don't know what to do next.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
dem said:
Dutas since 9/06
Dosage .5mg/daily

man...stories like this are whats keeping me from jumping to dutasteride...are you sure your dutasteride is legit?

I hope things get better for you soon bro

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
dem said:
Dutas since 9/06
Dosage .5mg/daily

man...stories like this are whats keeping me from jumping to dutasteride...are you sure your dutasteride is legit?

thanks htgt,
i switched only because i was on finasteride for a long time but then i no longer responded. I was very pleased initially with dutasteride.
i get my dutas from United Pharmacies. I still believe that the dutasteride is legit.

i suppose that if finasteride is giving you results, why switch?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
dem said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
dem said:
Dutas since 9/06
Dosage .5mg/daily

thanks htgt,
i switched only because i was on finasteride for a long time but then i no longer responded. I was very pleased initially with dutasteride.
i get my dutas from United Pharmacies. I still believe that the dutasteride is legit.

i suppose that if finasteride is giving you results, why switch?

to be honest...yah finasteride has thickened my vertex area....I feel though my hair line is thinner than what id like...it doesn't look so great wet or under bright sun light...I guess Im hoping dutasteride could thicken it up even more so.

If you could afford it, you may want to go to medicalwellnesscenter.com and buy a dutasteride script from them for 50 bucks.....gsk avodart would cost your around 90 bucks a month though. Thats probably the route Id take if I went on dutasteride. I would talk it over with my doctor first though and see what he has to say.

Id still give the dutasteride AT LEAST year if I were you, you have nothing else to lose at this point since you were losing ground on finasteride. I know some guys here who are on dutasteride didnt see results until well after the 6 month mark.

Keep us posted.

gt2005

Reaction score
Usage: 30 months
Dosage: 0.5 mg everyday.
Kicked In: 5-6 months
Maintained/Regrowth? : maintained and thickened

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Usage: 3 weeks.
Dosage: 0.5 mg every day.
Kicked In: Too Early to take effect.
Maintained/Regrowth? : N/A
Sides: None
Type: UP Dutas

Previous 7 months on IH finasteride did not slowdown at all and bad tiredness sides so had to go on very reduced dose after first couple of months.

dresden

Established Member
Reaction score
Im thinking on going to dutasteride, but i dont really trust dutas and avodart is too expensive. unless i take 1/4th proscar every day, and avodart every 3th day instead of proscar. would that be ok?

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on dutasteride since August 06, was on finasteride for 2 months before that. Seems like my hairline keeps receding. Hopefully its just a phase.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Usage: 9 months
Dosage: 0.5 mg every day. (3months MWF)
Kicked In: 1 week
Maintained/Regrowth? : Regrowth
Sides: bloating for the first few weeks. Runny sperm/decreased volume. Slight libido loss. Weight gain. (shed when i went MWF)
Type: Dutas

Went back to daily 3-4 weeks ago. Already noticing density improvement.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
what i dont get is that eveyone raves about dutasteride but no one here has reported seeing results ... mostly sheds with no regrowth ...

why is that?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well Skyline and Thin Jim it worked well.

Someone like me and Taug and a few others have not been on it long enough to get over sheds to see any positive...

HughJass

Reaction score
mbehr22 said:
what i dont get is that eveyone raves about dutasteride but no one here has reported seeing results ... mostly sheds with no regrowth ...

why is that?

im approaching week 52 of my latest avodart adventure (was on generics before that) so i'll post some photos at the end of next week.

ive only maintained not regrown but considering the scarey rate i was losing hair at , maintainence is enough to keep from crying and is worth the money.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been on dutas .5mg, two capsules each day for about two years, along with dr. Reddy's Minoxidil/Retin-A topically once a day. I don't currently have any side effects. I believe I noticed an initial thickening (general) within about 3 months which was subtle. Overall I think that my hairline is fuller. The temples and hairline are more defined/fuller, but the actual hairline did not move. Overall I am happy with the effect and feel comfortable that I have at least achieved subtle overall thickening and stability. No real side-effects to mention (beyond initial loss of libido, which was transient...).

PS... I had been on finasteride for about 4 years before dutas, but switched to dutas and added minoxidil when I felt that I was losing ground with finasteride. I personally feel that I noticed an effect and achieved a stability that finasteride (2.5mg each day) was not providing...

PPS... Yes, I know that i started minoxidil at the same time as dutas, so the things I notice may not entirely be due to dutas...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Usage: 14 months... restarting dutasteride soon.
Dosage: 0.5 mg brand-name Avodart, daily.
Kicked In: Shedding stopped in the first few weeks, followed by dramatic regrowth beginning at month 4.
Maintained/Regrowth?: After cessation of hairloss, regrowth occurred, followed by maintenance, until I later quit dutasteride (for money reasons).

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys

aplunk,

did you get overall regrowth?

how about your temples?

im thinning on top - all over - and losing it a bit in the temples

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
studys show 4 pills a day have the best regroth,
Dont forget this pill was not made to grow hair it is a side effect of it.

Pondle

Reaction score
otis said:
studys show 4 pills a day have the best regroth,
Dont forget this pill was not made to grow hair it is a side effect of it.

The hair loss drugs were not 'accidental' otis. GSK fully intended to market dutasteride for male pattern baldness from the outset. It hasn't happened (yet) for commercial reasons. Here's a GSK Powerpoint slide - one of a series. I think it predates dutasteride's approval for BPH.

Dut2.jpg