Alexey Terskikh Launches Cloning Company

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may remember a few years back, this scientist at Sanford-Burnham made headlines for his hair cloning method. This was actually before the Tsuji deal was announced IIRC. Anyway, he said in an interview back in 2016, and on twitter, that he was looking for investors to proceed with his own company.

Looks like he's done just that and intends to approach the FDA about starting the human trial in about 2 years.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji, Alexey, and Hairclone...
That makes three companies with different angles attacking the cloning future.
And as far as i understood alexey his approach does not require healthy donor hair.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And as far as i understood alexey his approach does not require healthy donor hair.

His approach involves using skin or blood cells. TBH, if it all works out, it would probably be the best of them.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
His approach involves using skin or blood cells. TBH, if it all works out, it would probably be the best of them.
And he could suprise with speed since he does not have to fight the problem that the cells lose some abilitys by cloning whitch took tsuji 7 years to figure out.
Do you know how many trials alexey need to do. From the logical POV an animale testing for tumorgenesis and then one human trial that shows efficiency and safety at the same time should be enough... But scince he is altering cells outside the body i guess his treatment is at a higher risk class than tsuji.
(from the regulations)

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
This seems to be the Ultimate Weapon, turn skin / blood cells (which all of us MUST have) into hair follicle.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score

Still, Tsuji will be the monopoly for a few years, if success.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Five years, Terskikh.
You said two years five years ago !

6jEq2EH.gif

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Terskikh's approach involves iPS cells, which are at a way greater risk of tumorigenecity. Also, the whole process of generating hair follicle germs from iPS cells is a lot costlier.
I do hope he succeeds, but the likelihood of succeeding is pretty low, imo.

Last edited:

THALL

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know if these hair follicles would be dht resistant or not. Probabily it has something to do with donor dominance

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know if these hair follicles would be dht resistant or not. Probabily it has something to do with donor dominance

Did you read some of the comments before. I @alibaba92 and @Hate da Bt said with different words there wont be donor involved.

Basic rules for conversation:
Think
and then talk/write

Edit: with @That Guy it is 4 people explained it.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best quote of this paper by far, whether he'll succeed or not :

"Hair actually grows in a specific direction, so it’s important to control the orientation of hair growth to achieve a natural look. Your hair stylist is familiar with this!

We’ve found a solution—3D biodegradable scaffolds—and partnered with leading scientists in the field to advance our project. The scaffold allows us to control the number of cells transplanted, their direction and where they are placed."

Finally an answer to both Tsuji and other hairclone companies main obstacle for a viable mainstream market product -> Cosmetic Result, now i'm hype for surgeries too, and not drugs only

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean, pal?
It's the FDA you should be asking, not me.

I mean if I gave you a drug that we both knew it would turn you into a nw0, hair perfect thick and strong as a child. But also with a tremendous risk, almost definite chances, of getting irreparably damaged from it (i.e tumors, cancer), WOULD you still go for it?

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean if I gave you a drug that we both knew it would turn you into a nw0, hair perfect thick and strong as a child. But also with a tremendous risk, almost definite chances, of getting irreparably damaged from it (i.e tumors, cancer), WOULD you still go for it?
N O