s.a.f

Reaction score
I thought you knew better than this. :shakehead: :thumbdown2:

Petchsky

Reaction score
You're out of the circle of trust Oknow, you've gone to far man! :hairy:

ali777

Reaction score
There was another thread on the subject. If I'm not wrong, alcohol lowers testosterone levels and thus might prevent/slow down hairloss...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Lowers testosterone and increases eastrogen levels so if anything good for hair (although not enough to actually make any difference).

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Lowers testosterone and increases eastrogen levels so if anything good for hair (although not enough to actually make any difference).

So what if you get drunk every night?

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
s.a.f said:

You'll still have male pattern baldness when you wake up in the morning, you'll just have a killer headache to go with it :)

I think I remember reading it increased the inflammation around the hair shaft or some sh*t... I dunno...
If you are balding anyways, drinking alcohol in moderation isn't going to change much. There are actually a fair few benefits that come with a certain amount of alcohol weekly.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Oknow said:

Then again ....

[attachment=2:dudmjd4k]alcoholic.jpg[/attachment:dudmjd4k]

[attachment=1:dudmjd4k]0007FA8A-BB1F-1385-B37D0C01AC1BF814.jpg[/attachment:dudmjd4k]

[attachment=0:dudmjd4k]reedL0905_468x351.jpg[/attachment:dudmjd4k]

Maybe there is something in it ..... :whistle:

Attachments

• alcoholic.jpg
    alcoholic.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 1,736
  • 0007FA8A-BB1F-1385-B37D0C01AC1BF814.jpg
    0007FA8A-BB1F-1385-B37D0C01AC1BF814.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2,139
  • reedL0905_468x351.jpg
    reedL0905_468x351.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 303

ali777

Reaction score
I have known a few alcoholics through the years... Most of them had good hair.

I used to work for an alcoholic guy. He was the worst I've ever seen. He would have a few shots for breakfast and then depending on his mood he would either keep drinking and go home at 3-4pm, or not have anything till 5pm and then get proper drunk. He was bald...... maybe he turned alcoholic after he lost his hair :whistle: ?

His sons were 30+, also alcoholics, but they had good hair. Maybe the secret is in starting early :innocent: ?

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol, my dad smashed the beers, unfortunately he was bald by about 25... So I guess that throws that theory out the door!

You see a lot of young Irish blokes bald, and they love to drink as well. In end, whatever you do, you won't overpower your genetics.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
another retarded thread...you can eat what you want,drink what you want,,it will not have anything to do with hair

i personally have 2 friends that drink every dam day and i mean get drunk everyday,,not a few drinks either, one of my friends dads drinks 3-4 pints of vodka a day,smokes pot every hour and will drink whatever alcohol is laying around the house,they are all nw1

if it makes you feel better that taking vitamins and eating better and exercising makes yer hair healthy,,than cool..keep being a sucker

not one of my friends takes supplements or lives a healthy lifestyle and they all have nw1 hair..im the most healthiest and i have the shittiest hair, so stop reading into these dumb studies,there all bogus and retarded and so is anyone who believes them

hairloss is all genetics

Fam_1st

Reaction score
threats77 said:
another retarded thread...you can eat what you want,drink what you want,,it will not have anything to do with hair

i personally have 2 friends that drink every dam day and i mean get drunk everyday,,not a few drinks either, one of my friends dads drinks 3-4 pints of vodka a day,smokes pot every hour and will drink whatever alcohol is laying around the house,they are all nw1

if it makes you feel better that taking vitamins and eating better and exercising makes yer hair healthy,,than cool..keep being a sucker

not one of my friends takes supplements or lives a healthy lifestyle and they all have nw1 hair..im the most healthiest and i have the shittiest hair, so stop reading into these dumb studies,there all bogus and retarded and so is anyone who believes them

hairloss is all genetics
I'm not talking about alcohol, but you are absolutely WRONG about thinking that what you put in your body will not effect your hairloss! Sure it's not the trigger which determines if and when you will start having hairloss- which are genetics, but everything you put in your body effects the rate of your hairloss cause yes it's genetics which determine it but what is it you think goes on in your body that those genetics determine? Different foods and drinks completely play a role in the production of hormones. And you wonder why we still haven't corredted this yet? Because of the average person not understanding things and because it's a Billion $$$ business to keep the consumer buying a product that can be patented and also that requires being a user for life. If your Genetics say you'll have hairloss because your follicles are programmed to be effected by hormones then you'l have a hairloss--unless you can slow down or bring to a hault this hairloss by understanding the effects of hormones and what you can do to stop the effects of these hormones and again many things you put in your body and do in life determines these.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When dealing with this subject you need to deal with people that are genetically determined to suffer Androgenetic Alopecia.

Someone can get drunk everyday and it could have no effect on their hair because they are not subject to the processes of Androgenetic Alopecia. While someone who is subject to Androgenetic Alopecia and gets drunk daily could kick start or speed up their hair loss. The same problem occurs when people try to deal with Masturbation theories. "If that were true then every man would be bald. LOLLAMDO", No. Genetically determined to suffer Androgenetic Alopecia. Remember that.

Personally, I have no Idea on the subject. I bank on the idea that alcohol in moderate amount smight actually be good for hair. The same could be said for drugs like Marijuana as they atre vasodilators. But, there is absolutely no evidence to prove this. It's just something I have noticed from being on several hair loss forums for the past few years.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
no way

Attachments

• hasselhoff-drunk.jpg
    hasselhoff-drunk.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 721
  • hoffXP_468x383.jpg
    hoffXP_468x383.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 258

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IrishPride are you actually Irish or are you American-Irish?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I see..

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha, yeah it does. :)

So many Irish over there in the USA! Keep the pride!

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was discussed long time ago on another forum. I really think that alcoholics tend to have better hair. You see them on the street, and Most of them are not only NOT bald, but have a hair that is white but strong, no signs of thinning.

I am not saying that the effect is strong enough to counteract the genetics of an NW6 guy. I am just saying it does help in someway and there are some scientific reasons for that as mentioned earlier.