Aggressive Regemin - Recovery From Norwood-6.5

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
18519846_129458390946279_1683118739853265728_n.jpg DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0906.JPG DSC_0907.JPG

More pics on Imgur with dates on them.
Image quality varies, but you can get the the full image size by left clicking on the pic.
http://imgur.com/a/FOL39

@recedingyt
Thanks for the encouragement. It really helped. <3

Regimen:

Minoxodil Started Oct 2016
Estradiol valerate 20 mg/ml Intramuscular @ 1ml/2weeks Since Dec 2016 (Doctor recently had me downgrade to .5mg shots since my estrogen was skyhigh.)
Spironolactone 50mg 1/day Since Dec 2016

Stuff I am not keeping up on currently or stopped:

Castor Oil 40% with DMSO

Dutasteride (Dr Reddy's from inhouse) .5 mg 1/day Since May-ish 2017 (First Month 1.5mg)
- I was getting short term memory loss sides. I stopped this in oct and got my testosterone measure in dec and there are no increases. No significant hair fall since then.

Dermaneedle(Dr. Pen A6) 1.5 mm 1/week Since July 2015
Stemoxydine 5% (Kerastase Densifique) .5 ml/day Since Aug 2017
LiCL 30mg/ml Since 9-23
- Not keeping up on these because I'm somewhat distracted atm.

No longer on:
Ketoconozole 1% (Nizoral)@ 3x/wk since April 2017(Estimated start date.)Reason: Supposedly interferes with PGD2 haven't had the time to look into it.
Dermaroller following Dhurat procedure

Stuff that didn't seem to work for me:
Evolis Tonic+shampoo
Tricomin
Progesterone (Forget what dosage was.)

Have vellus hairs up to Norwood 0 area. Still getting gains. Hairline is around now 2.5ish and have some density issues still. More pics later. I have hundreds.

I am working on adding additional Swiss temples parts to my regimen.

Last edited:

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That some unbelieveble regrowth. Your case is very similiar to recedingyt. Seems like estradiol and minoxidil with dermarolling played a significant role in success. I doubt spironolactone at such a small dose did something significant for regrowth, but maybe dutasteride did, who knows.

May I ask you some question? At what age did you notice hair loss, and how fast it progressed to Norwood 6? How much of minoxidil do you apply every day? Is your testosterone at a female's level now? Was your hair loss diffused all over, so called DUPA, or you have lost density only on top of your head? Alright, probably that's all I wanted to ask. Thanks in advance. Such posts always give me inspiration to fight this horrible illness.

Last edited:

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That some unbelieveble regrowth. Your case is very similiar to recedingyt. Seems like estradiol and minoxidil with dermarolling played a significant role in success. I doubt spironolactone at such a small dose did something significant for regrowth, but maybe dutasteride did, who knows.

May I ask you some question? At what age did you notice hair loss, and how fast it progressed to Norwood 6? How much of minoxidil do you apply every day? Is your testosterone at a female's level now? Was your hair loss diffused all over, so called DUPA, or you have lost density only on top of your head? Alright, probably that's all I wanted to ask. Thanks in advance. Such posts always give me inspiration to fight this horrible illness.

1. spironolactone has dropped my testosterone levels by around 300 times. Was 900 is now 3. (Some of this is likely due to less dht due to dutasteride.)

2. At 17 I was a nw1-2. At 23 I was a Nw4. At 25 I was a Norwood 5. I started streatment 2 months before I turned 29.

3. Testerone level are significantly lower than the average females'.

4. Regular Androgenetic Alopecia not dupa. I had thinning all the way to my donor area. (You could see the back of my skull through my hairline halfway down. The top of my head was slick aside a few stray hairs.)

Woah awesome

Do u apply minoxidil after dermarolling?

Can u please describe ur dermarolling procedure including how hard u roll (redness or some bleeding?)

Sometimes. I was following the Dhurat study dermarolling now I use a dermapen(For the last 2 weeks.) @1.5mm 1/week. It seems to work better.

Procedures from Dhurat studies:
Study 1:
http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...lume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat
Microneedling procedure

The shaven scalp was prepared with betadine and normal saline. A dermaroller of 1.5 mm sized needles was rolled over the affected areas of the scalp in a longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions until mild erythema was noted, which was considered as the end point of the procedure. All patients were instructed not to apply Minoxidil on the day of procedure and to resume its application only 24 h after the Microneedling procedure.

Study 2:
http://www.e-ijd.org/article.asp?is...=60;issue=3;spage=260;epage=263;aulast=Dhurat
Microneedling procedure

The scalp was surgically cleansed with betadine and normal saline. A dermaroller of 1.5 mm sized needles was gently rolled over the affected areas of the scalp in longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions until mild erythema was noted; this was considered as the end point of the procedure. Each procedure lasted for about 20-25 minutes. The patients were advised to continue with their ongoing therapy with finasteride and minoxidil.

That being said I suggest the following instead:
http://dermapen.com/
I was able to get the A^ model with 50 cartridges of needles for 116 USD from ebay. Some of the best money I ever spent. Its helping with my acne scarring as well.

At first I did now I don't because I didn't seem to notice a difference. Minoxodil seems to penetrate fine either way. I am planning on using LiCL ALA Mr. Temples protocol when it comes in the mail after I dermaneedle however.

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed response. I haven't even seen the second study before!

So do u wait the full 24 hours before applying minoxidil now?

I think your results r great and will likely improve with more time. Swisstemples seems to have disappeared with his updates.

Good luck

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi do u think stemox made a big difference? Many people used it at first when it came out but I'd say a majority have dropped it

I do. It does not really help a ton by itself though. It helps replenish CD200 progenitor cells. Its one key in the repairing your hair to what it was puzzle.

Look at August and September picture to get an idea of changes related to the addition of dermaneedling+stemoxydine that I got. The vellus hairs on the temples appeared around 2 weeks after starting the stemoxydine+dermaneedling combo as well.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long do you spend using the dermapen?
Do you use Stemoxydine at a specific time during the day? (After micro needling?)

Amazing results btw. Congrats on the progress.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long do you spend using the dermapen?
Do you use Stemoxydine at a specific time during the day? (After micro needling?)

Amazing results btw. Congrats on the progress.

Good question.

So PGE1 (Miconazole nitrate, ketaconozole aka nizoral and minoxodil) agonists and PGE2 Agonists (PGE2, Castor oil(partial pge2 agonist) and stemoxydine(partial pge2 agonist)) antagonize each other so you should wait at least a few hours in between each use. Currently what I started 3 days ago is castor oil + stemoxydine in morrning and minoxodil 1-2/day + nizoral 3x/wk at night.

It helps to have a vehicle with Castor oil(DMSO or Ethanol for example.) to help with penetration. I have some DMSO coming in on amazon so until then I mix it with the stemoxydine to hopefully help with penetration.

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like I am going to become a transwoman now.
I genuinely will consider that if my regiment of finasteride and loniten does not work out, ill take it easy on the estradiol though lol.

@cocona , this is a serious question. Has your dick shrank? If not ill likely give estradiol a go. I know its a personal question but it would really help me out to know, not that you should care if you are trans?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Recedingyt took a lot of Minoxidil. There are a lot of Minoxidil haters on every hair board, but it worked for her.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@cocona

It's good that your still fighting the good hair fight. You remind me of recedingyt in a lot ways.

She was so smart.

She was one of the few members who knew how to get Finasteride online (without a script). She didn't even
take it either.

She knew pretty much everything about dermarolling.

Some people are, unfortunately, very immature on this board. I think that's why she doesn't blog as much any more.