Aggressive Diffuse Thinning Is Hell!

aggresivebalder

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say shed @aggresivebalder , you are also saying finasteride is helping you maintain. So are you just shedding a lot but also growing the same hair again? Since its not getting worse?
I believe that is the case nothing has really changed any. That’s why I believe I am at least maintaining. Here is a pic from about a year ago, when I first started finasteride.

Attachments

• BD7AA2AB-588D-4345-9998-5EC19E594980.jpeg
    BD7AA2AB-588D-4345-9998-5EC19E594980.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 738

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you grow your hair out a bit more I think it’ll cover a lot of your thinning.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hit 5 months on topical Finasteride. Lost at least .5 inches on hairline with the right temple going from 0 to 1.5/2.

Crown is holding but I’m still diffusing a lot.

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I save this mess? I am 21 and have been thinning for about a year and a half. I have been on finasteride for 8 months and have probably only maintained. I want to give Dutasteride a shot in hopes that it will thicken up miniaturized hairs. Males in my family usually start to thin at 35. I am really depressed that my hair is going so young; it’s going rather aggressively as well. Any input would be appreciated. Am I a Norwood 2 or 3? Thanks!
Looks like NW2. Durasteride is not an approved medicine for the treatment of male pattern hair loss. its more effective in blocking DHT than finasteride and more consistant than finasteride. And you are not married and have children to take risks with this high power medicine. I too have heard some people talking about their great results with Durasteride, which probably is true. Durasteride dont have good community of people like finasteride. People who have taken durasteride may not help you, but people who have seen many people taking durasteride may help, that is city's popular hair loss doctor. now coming to diffuse hair loss, when it started? is that started suddenly in 1-2 months? if yes, you have 50-50 chances of regrow of diffuse lost hair in next few months. how many hairs are miniaturised among falling hairs? Looks like you maintaining hair good hair style by combing backwards, keep it as it is in home too, dont spend too much alone or with mirror, this reduces stress.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Loniten / lonitab is the answer. If you want hair, that is the way.

Aaron McLaughlin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update is this improving from pics ?? Started minoxidil and shedding again

Attachments

• B4D2877F-1FE3-4F1F-B502-A33EA699CA2E.jpeg
    B4D2877F-1FE3-4F1F-B502-A33EA699CA2E.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 618
  • F7B6F067-F01F-4DB3-9573-A718DBF8CFE3.jpeg
    F7B6F067-F01F-4DB3-9573-A718DBF8CFE3.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 638

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update is this improving from pics ?? Started minoxidil and shedding again

Left picture definitely better than right. A lot of treatments cause a shed... just don't give up before the regrowth. When I started oral minoxidil I had a terrible shed for about a month, but luckily concealers work perfectly for me after a couple of years of propecia, avodart, cysteine, d3, growth shampoos, etc.

After 6 months on oral minoxidil I can say that my hairline is just about perfect. Switched from 5mg to 10mg without any issues, hoping 6 more months at 10mg finishes me up.

aggresivebalder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride month 3 is coming to a close along with my script. I have decided I will not be continuing treatment any further. It is not worth the effort, mental stress or the money to maintain the little on top I have. I have posted the last picture of my hair I took down below; picture was right after I applied minoxidil. I have decided to continue buzzing my hair in the future. I wish everybody luck in their fight, hopefully many of you overcome this terrible obstacle.

Attachments

• 74F50F8A-3BC2-467A-804A-62CCDB2D0AD3.jpeg
    74F50F8A-3BC2-467A-804A-62CCDB2D0AD3.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 723

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It takes balls to admit defeat and deal with it like a man. I salute you in recognition of a fight well fought, sir. One day I’ll join you on the other side :)

Vul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
My crown of my head literally looks like the same as yours but not as much diffuse thinning overall. How did you first notice your thinning as I am quite worried about mine aswell.
Here are some my pictures if you want to compares
Thank you!

https://imgur.com/a/Ohre7Yy