Age and transplant

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I go and see Armani, what is the youngest age he is willing to transplant hair?

s.a.f

Reaction score
From what I've seen about 18. :freaked: Why how old are you?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good. I am turning 19 very soon. What with HM coming out soon I might actually opt for a operation in a few years. All this bull sh*t about no don't get an operation because you will look funny at 30. My philosophy is have great hair as young as possible. That way I can get married quicker and look good young. I could always re-position my transplanted hair to give me a Norwood 1 diffuse thinner and then use toppik, lol I can't lose. I doubt it would come to that what with HM.

haggis

Reaction score
You will be older and wiser one day, your 18 you think you know everything, go ahead get that really low hairline from armani, then come back hear when your 30 and really old :roll: that low hairline is going to look like crap, why? because the rest of your hair will have continued to receed behind the thick transplanted hairline that dr armani created. dont you think that it may look ever so slightly odd? :freak:

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I certainly don't know everything but I have the ability to read unlike yourself. If you read my post I stated that I would re-position my transplated hair later on in my life to give myself a diffuse Norwood 1 then use toppik. If I keep the hair short I should look fine. But I am hopeful anyway that HM should have advanced by that stage.

s.a.f

Reaction score
person said:
Well I certainly don't know everything but I have the ability to read unlike yourself. If you read my post I stated that I would re-position my transplated hair later on in my life to give myself a diffuse Norwood 1.

Silly idea. :shakehead:

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person said:
Good. I am turning 19 very soon. What with HM coming out soon

I think I heard this same line 10 years ago. Be very carefull where you let Aramni place that hairline.

I don't want to offend you but that idea of planting grafts and then moving them again is foolish

G

:nono:

*sigh*

Go to other sites and look for the innumerous posts by those who have rushed into this-- on HTN look up a guy listed as Dhuge--- same problem, same attitude..... regrets a hair transplant everyday.

However, your doing fue, which you may not feel the effects of until later, but balding very early on in life is a sign for severe future balding--- regardless of what you hear or see posted-- supply does not, and will not meet demand for many of us.

At 18, we hear and believe what we want to.... in addition to never knowing our financial status as we get older, so make sure you look at everything REALLY hard before you pull the trigger.

Take Care,
Jason

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Bspot,

I came over here. The other moderator is so pro Armani it's sad. I notice his forum is very quiet though

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
person said:
Well I certainly don't know everything but I have the ability to read unlike yourself. If you read my post I stated that I would re-position my transplated hair later on in my life to give myself a diffuse Norwood 1 then use toppik. If I keep the hair short I should look fine. But I am hopeful anyway that HM should have advanced by that stage.

yea man ,ridiculous idea........so you wanna have hair implanted then taken out and moved later on? Thats gonna leave a mark :)

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought the new FUE technique there was no scarring? In any case if there was it wouldn't make a difference would it because I would be using toppik on my diffuse Norwood 1 to give myself an appearance of a full head of hair. I personally think all Norwood 7s should do this. Get a transplant as a diffuse Norwood 1 then use toppik. Any way this is a worse case scenario, I'm sure HM will be out by the time I get to this stage but if it isn't then so be it.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking how good Jude Law looks as a Norwood 2/3 in films such as the Talented Mr Ripley. I could always just get Armani to make my Norwood 2 thicker.

G

HT55 said:
Hey Bspot,

I came over here. The other moderator is so pro Armani it's sad. I notice his forum is very quiet though

Glad to see you--- you should check out HLA, there are no mods--- everything is fair game--

Anyway, glad to see your still around---you have alot to offer so make sure you keep it up!!!

Jason

s.a.f

Reaction score
person said:
I thought the new FUE technique there was no scarring? In any case if there was it wouldn't make a difference would it because I would be using toppik on my diffuse Norwood 1 to give myself an appearance of a full head of hair. I personally think all Norwood 7s should do this. Get a transplant as a diffuse Norwood 1 then use toppik. Any way this is a worse case scenario, I'm sure HM will be out by the time I get to this stage but if it isn't then so be it.

I've been thinking how good Jude Law looks as a Norwood 2/3 in films such as the Talented Mr Ripley. I could always just get Armani to make my Norwood 2 thicker.
Fue on a NW7 would'nt work even if it was diffuse also it would cost a fortune and not everyone has a face like Jude Law.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the B spot said:
HT55 said:
Hey Bspot,

Glad to see you--- you should check out HLA, there are no mods--- everything is fair game--

Anyway, glad to see your still around---you have alot to offer so make sure you keep it up!!!

Jason

Do you have the link for HLA ? How come I guessing Shane doesn't show up much, lol

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
the B spot said:
HT55 said:
Hey Bspot,

Jason

Do you have the link for HLA ? How come I guessing Shane doesn't show up much, lol

I have no idea why he keeps allowing the Armani marketing over there, when Armani is basically marketing his FUE by showing strip pics on his website. Seems like false advertising to me unless I'm missing something. Well, I know why he allows it ($$$$$) but still...

HT55 here's the link Bspot was talking about http://www.hairlossadvances.com

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
person said:

Fue on a NW7 would'nt work even if it was diffuse also it would cost a fortune and not everyone has a face like Jude Law.

If you go on Armani's website there are actual pictures of horseshoe males who have been given a thick Norwood 1, now I don't even expect that but I can easily expect a diffuse NW1. there is no reason why it wouldn't work. Well after I get my rhinoplasty I will look more like Jude Law - its funny coz I remember when I was at a party and there were these two girls both 16 .. I was 18. And one went (the ugly one) receeding hairline! And I acted so cool about it, I just ignored her to the point where I was saying: 'ive acknowledge your comment but isn't it obvious so why continue tlaking about it.' Even though her beautiful friend was next to her I still managed to bang her that night. So the point I am making is i am handsome enough to get girls as Norwood 2 and I need to make the decision of how to go about my first transplant.

DaveOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you on meds? Most people try to stabilize their hairloss first before they get a transplant. That should be your first step. I think a Doctor will recommend that first anyway.

Second, if you are handsome enough to get girls as a NW2, then what's the problem? At the very least you should try meds for awhile and see if that doesn't keep you where you're at so you can continue *banging* girls. :)

And a hair transplant and a nosejob are similar in that if they get screwed up or don't go the way you want, it's very difficult to recover from that. There are many celebrities who get surgery from the best docs in the world and they have to go back for revision rhinoplasty or other repair procedures. It happens all the time. There are no guarantees with cosmetic surgery, and once you start you're on that horse for life...so I'd try to stay natural for as long as you can get away with it.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[quote="DaveOne"
I have no idea why he keeps allowing the Armani marketing over there, when Armani is basically marketing his FUE by showing strip pics on his website. Seems like false advertising to me unless I'm missing something. Well, I know why he allows it ($$$$$) but still...
[/quote]

I started a thread with that same question to Shane and said if Armani doesn't perform strip anymore NONE of those pics should be on his current or new website as the only intent can be to mislead patients. That thread was IMMEDIATELY locked and taken down by Farell who told me there would be no more Armani questions which is no surprise since Shane was in a box and could not back up any of his claims.

I then started a new thread that said noboby was allowed to ask any Armani questions and included Farell's reply to me. I was then giove a week suspension for disrupting the forum, lol

It's obvious Farell is defending Shane because of the advertising $$ and I don't see any of the long time posters over there anymore. Shane is telling young guys they have 15K donar hair and has nothing to back it up and Farell is helping him out of the obvious BS.

I only hope 15 years from now when Armani is viewed in a different light by guys out of donar hair at age 35 and still dreaming of HM sue Farrell for letting this go on. I would bet my life savings in 15 years unless HM does come out Aramni rep is totally shot. it's a shame because he does excellent work (in strip anyway, ths jury on his FUE is still out) but is WAY too agressive in people who are in their early 20's

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person said:
s.a.f said:
person said:

If you go on Armani's website there are actual pictures of horseshoe males who have been given a thick Norwood 1, now I don't even expect that but I can easily expect a diffuse NW1. there is no reason why it wouldn't work. Well after I get my rhinoplasty I will look more like Jude Law - its funny coz I remember when I was at a party and there were these two girls both 16 .. I was 18. And one went (the ugly one) receeding hairline! And I acted so cool about it, I just ignored her to the point where I was saying: 'ive acknowledge your comment but isn't it obvious so why continue tlaking about it.' Even though her beautiful friend was next to her I still managed to bang her that night. So the point I am making is i am handsome enough to get girls as Norwood 2 and I need to make the decision of how to go about my first transplant.

Sounds like youa re trying to convince yourself you are making the right decision. Anyone who has been battling hair loss for a long times knows you are making a mistake.

Unfortunately you won't get the same break as I did when I went for a hair transplant at age 25 ans was out on meds and told to come back in a year. I had my first hair transplant 5 years later at age 30 when i had much more hair from the drugs and at age 39 I have used 2k grafts.
I'm 39 and have used 2k grafts, I could use another 1k in my hairline and I AM worried about running out of daonar hair. If you start now with an Armani hairline you will blow through 8k grafts by age 30